“Great seafood and great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Isaac Tavern

Isaac Tavern
Ranked #10 of 205 Restaurants in Ayia Napa
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Adelaide, Australia
“Great seafood and great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great place for dinner in Aya Napa! Six of us went for dinner, we're budget conscious but after being shown the fresh seafood we decided to go all-out with the fish mezze which was 21 euro per person and were very impressed,.

There was dish after dish of fresh fish, calamari, octopus, crab and prawns all prepared differently and full of flavour. It comes with a big greek salad, bread and dips. We were completely full before the last course and struggled to fit in the complementary slice of watermelon at the end. My recommendation is let your friends eat the bread and dips and save your appetite for the mains, although the bread is freshly baked and hot and the dips are pritty pritty good.

Keep an eye out for the owner, she's very passionate about the food and if you don't put the right combination of seasoning's on your salad she'll be sitting at the table doing it for you!

• Visited July 2014

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We had diner me and all my family in this place based on our friends recommendations. Great place and great food. Very clean and delicious mezze. Strongly recommend!

1 Thank Valery A
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Probably the best tavern I have ever been to. Excellent food service view and atmosphere thank you kyria Koulla

• Visited July 2014
“Below expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We were expecting a sea front location with fantastic ambiance and very warm welcome.
Reality was a paved terrace loosely described as seafront, with tables extremely close together, with a cafeteria feel.
Other reviews seem to suggest that the restaurant's best dishes are seafood and local dishes so we opted for one of each, to ensure we had the best possible experience.
My husband ordered the Stifado and I ordered the cod from the 'Seafood' section. I was then asked (by 'we assume' the lady owner), 'why are you ordering frozen fish when you can have fresh? Why don't you order the swordfish instead?'. The menu did not state that the cod was frozen and I assumed it would be a fresh fillet. Why include frozen fish on your menu if you're not happy to serve it? Why not explain on your menu that it's not fresh? I explained that I'm not a great lover of seafood so I would have the Stifado instead, to which she replied 'Don't have the same as him, have something different', and pointed to another local dish on the menu which wasn't to my taste. Whilst we do appreciate they were trying to help by recommending dishes, I almost felt bullied into ordering something I really didn't want. I did eventually order the cod which was ok, and served with lovely fat chips.
The Stifado, we both agreed, was absolutely beautiful, one of the nicest dishes we have tasted. Such a shame that it was served on a plate with rice, chips and vegetables, would be so much better in a hot oven dish as a large casserole type meal. There was also a whole bay leaf still in the dish which most places remove before serving. Stunning flavours in this dish though, absolutely lovely meat.
Other observations were:-
-the toilets were not the best, indoors and upstairs, very hot and humid
-the wine we selected was beautiful
-the meal was very reasonably priced
-the menu selection seemed a little limited
- service was generally ok, but not the friendly experience we had read about
Maybe we have become 'restaurant snobs' without realising, but in our opinion, the sister restaurant 'Quadro' is much more our style and taste.
Won't be returning.

1 Thank Kovacs3004
“Amazing....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The view of sea is pretty amazing... The food is delisious... the atmosphere quite relaxing... And very friendly staff...

2 Thank Majeed B