“Not all it cracked up to be”

Yellow Submarine Boat Trip
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I feel bad giving the first low review for this attraction but feel you need the full story so have to be honest.
I took a group of friends & my son on this trip & had high expectations. They basically take you out to the beautiful sea caves, stop for an hour, then take you back again.
Yes, there are portholes below but you dont go far enough out to see anything but tiddlers.
I'm sure this is a great trip for people who love diving & exploring caves. It's really cheap & if that's your cup of tea then it'll be worth every penny.
The toilet was filthy filthy filthy, I wouldn't have let a dog in there. No excuse not to clean up after each trip!
The couple who run the sub are lovely people & make you feel really welcome so I'm sorry to give this average review. I expected more from the advertisement leaflets, they should just sell this as a diving trip to the caves.

2  Thank 20,407
There are newer reviews for Yellow Submarine Boat Trip

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We chose this boat as they have short excursions rather than a "full day".

My kids all have different levels of needs and wants and this was ideal for all of them (5-15 years old). The staff were all extremely well qualified and friendly, and the boat is ideal for a short excursion. The captain is an amazing skipper and the owner and help were so much fun.

It is a short boat ride and half the time is spent swimming and having fun on the boat. These are only some of the sea caves, there are various others closer to Protaras.

1  Thank mraL
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I took my 10 year old daughter on this boat trip and we had a blast! It's such a nice little outing. As others have said, the family who runs this really makes it what it is. The captain is super friendly and outgoing, and the day we were there his young son did the scuba diving to feed the fish. The trip started with a leisurely ride over to the sea caves, in beautiful, clear water, checking out the fish along the way from the portholes in the hull. Honestly, the Mediterranean is not known for its fish life, but there were lots more than I expected, although I don't think you will see any turtles or rays, LOL. Still--there were lots of little fish to see and more than enough to keep a child interested. The captain then led a snorkeling expedition into the caves, keeping a close eye on my daughter (although I was right behind). After the caves we just swam in the beautiful water, fed the fish and used the slides and diving board. The whole thing is only an hour and half, so you are not baking out in the sun all day. Perfect for an afternoon in Ayia Napa. We plan to go back again soon so my husband can do it.

5  Thank Topshelf210b
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Me the wife and our children 5 and 13 went today and loved every second the couple and their children who take you out are really nice, friendly and make this trip what it is. A couple of hours to swim in the beautiful sea, jump off the boat or use the slides, all safety equipment including snorkels are provided. One of the family who takes the trip will dive down and feed the fish so you get to see them up close and then will take you for a swim trough the caves which was wonderful for all ages. For the price you will not find a better trip on the island. Will definatley go again next time we are here. Thanks

1  Thank stuart g
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Done this boat trip on the last day of the holiday , had done a different boat trip at the start for double the price and not as good ! The staff were so friendly and the slides on the boat were great! It's the only boat trip you actually get to go into the sea caves which was a good experience

1  Thank angel6789