“Excellent Restaurant shame about the bar”

The Agrotikon Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 215 Restaurants in Ayia Napa
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very nice Restaurant, excellent food and service.

Carafe of local red wine was good and excellent value.

The homemade soups were delicious.

Went there twice, and really enjoyed it, I cannot say the same for the adjoining bar, which I presume is great if you like sport, if not give it a miss and have a drink in the Restaurant.

Although I think I am in the minority, am accept that, but found the bar manager Louker (sp) was quite insulting to me, I am not a great beer drinker, and as it was a Hot night I decided on a Piña Colada, without asking what I wanted he served me a beer, on being told I didn't want a beer but a cocktail, he asked me what was wrong with me, telling me men don't drink these, and kept asking me, what was wrong with me, then asked me did I go in to Town to f**k the b*****s, I said no, then asked if I was married, and if not why, I told him no I wasn't, I why don't I have children.

I felt totally insulted, and as a nearly 60 year old man, I felt totally insulted and very upset.

This is a shame as the Restaurant and staff were fantastic, the bar is great for those who want sport and beer, and I know this Manager is popular with these people, but in my opinion and possibly only mine, let this lovely Restaurant down, I went for a drink and a meal, not to discuss my sex life !!!

Please don't let this put you off thought, the food is great !

1  Thank Ricky H
There are newer reviews for The Agrotikon Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Got fed up eating in hotel on All Inclusive so gave this restaurant a try. Delicious Meze for three of us, with great service and just a stone's throw from our hotel - bonus :-) we loved it so much we ate there again for our last meal before catching flight home. Had a delicious moussaka, with a decent red wine too.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Food is of good quality although not the cheapest in the area but very popular with the locals. Waiters are friendly and service is good, the bar is separate from the eating area & does get busy at times, the bar manager louka keeps on top of things & you never have to wait long for a drink

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited this restaurant twice in our stay the first time our meal was very delicious with very friendly sevice, we were so impressed with it we decided to vist it again on our last night. We spent ages talking to the staff who were very funny and friendly to us. The food was very nice but the ladies toilet could get some locks.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

When you get bored of eating food made out of frozen products in Asterias Beach hotel, visit this restaurant! Food is good, service is excellent and restaurant has playground for children. Also we really enjoyed children menue - in addition to chips and sausages you could order real food to your child - a smaller steak for example. Thanks, guys and greetings from Estonia!

1  Thank Pille_12