“Basic & 50 min walk into Ayia Napa”

Stavrolia Hotel Apartments
Ranked #76 of 107 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Basic & 50 min walk into Ayia Napa”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

The hotel is what you pay for at the end of the day.

My boyfriend and I stayed here 2nd July - 9th July for a week of warm sunshine, bit of island exploring and some Ayia Napa nightlife!

My main point about this hotel, is that it isnt in 'Ayia Napa' its in Nissi Bay ( Nissi beach right over the road which was great!) but a good 50min walk main Ayia Napa, you could get a taxi's easily too and from but be expected to pay €10 a go.

The rooms are very basic but what do you expect for a 2* hotel? I did see that a few of the rooms had been refurbed though... so maybe request a refurbed room. even though basic our room was huge with 2 balconys and plenty of space!

Be aware that the maid likes to turn up about 9am every day and they dont give you a 'do not disturb' sign. the only thing she did for our whol week there was change the bins! our beds NEVER got changed and NEVER changed the towels for the whole week!

The pool is a decent size and you will never struggle for a sun bed because it was never full round there!

all in all, ok place but for a better exeperience ill deffo pay more and go to a nicer hotel in future.

Room Tip: Request refurbished room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emmah1990

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Just spend 2 weeks here and thought it was a great base for our holiday. The apartments have been updated so dont rely on the photos on the website as they are before the update. New kitchen and bathrooms and bedroom furniture. The pool area was very nice clean and tidy and the sun loungers were all new. The brothers running the place were really nice but service for drinks could be a little slow. Nissi beach was about 5 mins away and also another beach which we prefered as it did not have the loud music that goes on at Nissi beach all day but was jus as beautiful. Plenty of bars and restaurants near by. Ayia Napa center is about 2km away but there is a bus that cost 1 euro each way that runs all day and night that you can catch if you dont want to do the 40 min walk.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank AIB_001
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Stayed here for a week and would not hesitate to return. Has very recently undergone a refurbishment and the new rooms are fantastic, saying that there is nothing wrong at all with the older ones too. It is a 5 minute work to the beautiful & lively Nissi Beach but is about a 30/40 min walk to the centre of Ayia Napa. Taxi will cost around 8 euro or catch the bus which is 2euro for a full day ticket.
The hotel is owned and ran by twins Stavros & Christov who are great characters and extremely friendly. They can get a little distracted at times which slows the service down but nothing that would put you off going. Also ate here a few times and the food was great.
The hotel had a good mix of all generations and sexes and everyone got on like a house on fire, very friendly. Cleaners came round every day and sheets were changed every few days but if you asked they would change them when you wanted. Hotel also has free wifi which was a good use.
Fantastic pool and plenty of sun loungers = very relaxing

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank evolution86
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I spent one week in the apartments and they were in a good location for what I needed. There has just been a refurbishment of most of the apartments and the pool area.The pictures on the wesite are the old ones so not true now. There are plenty of sunbeds and I did not have any problems with not getting any. There wasn't really a problem with the reserving of beds either which made a change. I booked a studio as I was travelling alone and this had not been refurbished but it was fine for me. it was clean and tidy and quiet. There were quite a few spiders in my room which made me think that I may have been the first occupant in there this year. The bar is well stocked and you will have Christos and Stavros who will be serving you. The bar service is a little slow at times and they take no messing from guests causing any disruption whatsoever. It is on a fairly busy road so there is traffic noise at times. The fabulous Nissi beach is about 5 minutes walk. The bus service is good, the cost is 1 euro each way or get a ticket for 2 euros and you can use this all day. They run every 20 minutes generally from 6am till 4am so for those of you who want to party till the early hours in Ayia Napa (reminded me of Blackpool) you can walk in about 40 minutes or get the bus which is about 10 minutes. Now then, cyprus is not cheap and I spent 370 euros and did not go made regarding drinks and food and ate in my room nearly every time. A steak in a restaurant will cost about 19 euros. We flew with Skywingsand as a well travelled person I have never been on such a dodgey aircraft in all my years. Seats and tables broken, weird noises coming from the aircraft, the staff served the meals which I had to have on my lap as my table was strapped to the seat in front as it was broken, there were quite a few like that, seat belt signs not working etc. the crew I saw munching on chocolate bars and doing crosswords together!! I travelled with Olympic holidays and sorry to say that they really do need to look at the airlines they are using as this takes the shine off the holiday. All in all I had a good stay and would recommend this unit for people to stay in and I would consider going again. But I would not like to fly with Skywings again. Thomson are going in there next year on all inc basis. Enjoy it, I think you will.

Room Tip: Request a pool view or referbished room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank TonyCotton
Reviewed June 9, 2011

A friend and I have just returned from a week at the stavrolia apts and had a fantastic holiday! The apts are situated a 5 min walk from the stunning nissi bay, with beautiful crystal clear waters & day time beach parties for those who want to fully experience the "ayia napa" nightlife!
The apts were clean and sheets &
towels Changed daily. Food & drinks are reasonable although can be
found cheaper just down the road
Amounst the vast array of bars &
restaurants.
If you are going for the nightlife you would need a taxi to the square as it's a fair distance. I am 23 and although I still enjoy going clubbing I must admit the nightlife in ayia napa, although plentiful is mainly overun by 18 year olds who want more than just to party if you get my drift? Also, avoid fantasy boat party unless you wish to be subjected to perverted djs & sex themed drinking games. This may be your thing but I felt I had wasted €50.

Overall though, I would highly recommend stavrolia apts. Lovely relaxed atmosphere by the pool, walking distance to plenty of bars/restaurants and the staff are lovely. Be warned, the guys who run the place are twins! We didn't realise this until our last day and were wondering why we were having the same conversations over and over haha! Lovely guys though!

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Sunshiiiinne
benidorm
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Stayed at the Stavrolia for 2 weeks in May. We were the first in there since its refurbishment.
The pool and the bar hadn’t opened, in the room bare electric wires were left. These were live and should have been connected to a kettle and the toilet didn’t flush. Workmen were scurrying around and cleaners were scrubbing dried concrete off the walkways. Clearly they had reopened too early. However, things very soon got better. Within a few minutes of reporting the kettle it was fixed, the same for the toilet which then leaked. Again the response was immediate and when it was fixed a cleaner followed straight away to clean up the water.
The next day the pool and bar was open as the staff had worked tirelessly throughout the night but without waking everybody up.
Many of the staff in the surrounding bars and restaurants were ignorant, spoke down to you and gave poor service. One exception was Belistos bar, where we were made very welcome, they were great with the children and served decent food and drink at a decent price. The bar included a children’s play area which included Tom & Jerry cartoons on show. Cyprus is expensive but the hotel was very reasonable, the food was excellent and as always the staff (mostly the two brothers) cannot do enough for you.
Shops are 5-10 minute walk away the beach 15 minutes, but watch some of the supermarkets. They put the prices up for English and DO rip you off. I found myself short changed and items added to my bill which I had not purchased.
For 2 euros you can travel as much as you like by bus all day. We went as far as Pratoris. A taxi to town can be anything from 6-10 euros. Great value days out were the Pirate ship, great for kids and Aphrodite II. If you go clubbing or on the beach doing water sports, or use a taxi always be prepared to haggle, agree a price first and watch your change, but at the hotel no problems. One day we spent the whole day out and got back to find the keys still in the door, but nothing was missing and everything was as we left it. My daughter was married at another hotel and we had several family members who often used the pool and facilities. Sometimes we had the grandchildren to stay and it was never a problem. They were always polite and made the very welcome.
Accommodation is basic but adequate and clean but the attitude of the management and staff is its most redeeming feature. The pool and all the sunbeds are brand new and ideal for families or just lazing around and for 2.50 you can get some very nice cocktails.
I have no hesitation recommending this hotel. Enjoy.

Graham Irene Lee Harry Alfie and Amy

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank BenidormEnjoy
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2011

do not go by the pictures. this hotel has just had a one million pound refurbishment. New reception and bar, new pool, new landscaped grounds and most rooms updated with new furniture and a lick of paint. some studio's have been totally redone in fact they were still getting done. we where there for a week and because it was there first week open they were slight teething troubles but nothing that could not be quickly sorted. the twin bothers who are there all the time do there up-most to give you a pleasant stay but if you want anything done in your room quickly then talk to anna the head cleaner and it is done. also most of the ayia napa olympic team live there. the hotel is five minute walk from nissi beach, four supermarkets and bus stops to everywhere. the saying if its cheap it probably is comes to mind, then it is cheap but it is a bargain. relax and enjoy, spend what you saved on yourselves while your there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple