“Choose somewhere else”

Ranked #66 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Choose somewhere else”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed here in July on a clubbing holiday with 7 friends.

There was only one good thing about the hotel and that was the cleanliness, the rooms were very well cleaned. This hotel feels like a concrete jungle, there are no trees or any gardens so for the whole week all you see is grey which became very depressing.

The room situation was terrible, we had a 1 bedroom apartment for 4 of us, we paid for air conditioning assuming it would be in all areas of the apartment however it was only in the main bedroom. This was terrible as this hadn't been made clear to us when we paid a high price, and as a result of this we had to force 4 beds into a tiny room which was only designed for 2 beds, making it impossible to move and we couldn't even open the door at night if someone was sleeping.

The bathroom was absolutely tiny no room at all.

I urge you to pay the little bit extra to be at a hotel nearer the beach or in Nissi Bay, you will have a much better, happier holiday experience and it really isn't much in a taxi. The area at the bottom of Ayia Napa near the fun park is in a much nicer area with many shops and restaurants. The area of Christabelle has no pavements and feels very dirty and dingy. However it was 5 minutes from the strip.

Another thing is that there is minimal security features at this hotel, do not bring any bigger gadgets than a mobile phone, as a few of us brought iPad's and had no where to store them which is very unsafe in a hotel like this. Promoters knock on your doors and force their way in so be careful of your possessions.

This hotel is good for someone who doesn't care about where they stay and someone who is used to staying in not very nice places.

The price we paid in August was only £100 less than a holiday self-catering in Barbados therefore it is an absolute rip off and this is even excluding spending money. Definitely the biggest rip-off.

P.S this is coming from an 18 year old who is always up for a laugh so take it from me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank russgort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Finnish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I came to Christabelle in July for 2 weeks and I couldn't of asked for a better hotel. Being 18 and going out every night for 2 weeks the hotel was in the best location to walk 5 minutes to the main square where the nightlife is amazing. Also two supermarkets right outside the hotel which was very handy and the hotel food was really good! Nissi beach isn't walking distance tho, can get a cab from right outside the hotel, they are usually just waiting and if there's 4 of you it only cost 2 euros each- would recommend going as it is beautiful! one of the nicest beaches i've been on.

Music is played all day and the pool is brilliant to get out of the heat- so hot I couldn't walk without flip flops on! met loads of brilliant people, and the guys who work at the bar are good fun.
Our room was basic but pretty big! had a large kitchen room a bedroom and a bathroom, went as 4 of us so 2 of us slept in the kitchen, although my bed was like a metal sheet with a thin mattress on I had no problem passing out on it.. managed a few sober day time naps on it also. I would recommend air con! it mainly only came out in the bedroom but still was really nice to come in from the sun too. Loved sitting on our balcony which had a nice view of the pool. Wifi was a bit tempermental, was on and off during day but when it was quiet around pool at night I managed to get wifi from my room, would say is best when there is not many people around.

overall couldn't of asked for a better hotel, loved coming back from river reggae at 6am to chill round the pool for a bit then heading off to bed. If your going to Ayia napa to party i would deeeefinatley recommend Christabelle!! returning next year

Room Tip: Our room was right by the pool- no problems with noise. Rooms 1-20 i think were the best, met someon...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed October 21, 2013

It was a great holiday in Ayia Napa on September and the hotel is near of the square of Ayia Napa and the pub's street and restaurant.
The people there was so nice and helpful and the food is good too
Hope to go there another time

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool area
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ahmad A
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed September 26, 2013

...and I didn't expect much since it was the second cheapest option I had. I came for my friends' wedding ceremony, so I just needed a single room, with breakfast and it was a pleasant surprise to get a 2-room apartment, with fully equipped kitchen, balcony and air-conditioner!
To be quick, here are all pros and cons listed for your convenience:
+ as I said, kitchen facilities that allow you to do self-catering if you wish (I did since I'm on a diet and cook for myself)
- Kitchen lacks such important things as dish sponges, towels, matches for the stove, salt, etc. I had to buy all that and, providing all these things are long-lasting, I assume, previous guests have done the same, so why take all this things away?!
+all furniture and bathroom facilities are quite old and shabby, yet clean and in working condition
- don't expect shampoo or soap in bathroom
+ air conditioner works well and is free (I've heard, some hotels charge up ot 7 euros/day for it!)
+ not a single insect (my friends had ants in a 5-star hotel)
+ free wi-fi near the pool
+ nice pool area, pool bar that was always busy and had friendly barmen
- breakfast was not a buffet, but a choice of 1 dish from the menu: various combinations of eggs, bacon and toasts (e.g. scrambled eggs on toast, bacon on toast, toasts with jam, beans with toast and so on) accompanied with a small cup of tea or coffee or juice. Not very abundant. (that was good in my case :)) So is the dinner, I guess.
- location is quite distant from main destinations. I got lost first 2 evenings on my way to hotel.

All in all, despite minuses mentioned I liked my stay and can confidently recommend this hotel as smth worth the money paid (especially compared to other Agia Napa hotel, Adams Beach, where my friends stayed, - see my review ;))

Room Tip: ask whether you room is in the renovated part and does it face the pool (this area might be noisy un...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 0lven
Lebanon
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Although you would think you would need a room only to sleep, especially in Cyprus, but there should be a minimum of quality at least! Some rooms (which might be yours!) are in a different building, old, balcony door won't lock, no TV, no soap, no shampoo, have to pay extra for A/C, no storage room at the lobby in case you want to keep your luggage for a day or so... There is NO WAY you can get a late check out for free, even if for an hour extra! Would not recommend it...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrSouss
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Girls at the reception are the worst people you can ever deal with. THey talk to you in a rude way they never smile and they have the worst service ever.
The rooms are so bad and there are stains on the sheets and the bathrooms are dirty.

they have no room to keep your luggage and they oblige you to pay a whole extra day if you want to stay 2 hours after check out. They have no flexibility in dealing with their cusotmers and they are so mean.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose the rooms in the block next to the pool and not the one after you cross the roa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Well, we've stayed at Christabelle for 3 nights and 3 days. The good thing is that it is close to Ayia Napa square where the clubs are located. However, I was not pleased with the following :
1-No soap/shampoo in the bathroom.
2-You have to pay extra money for the AC.
3-No TV in our room (TVs in newer rooms).
4-Cleaning and towels changing every 48 hrs.
5-Loud music, even at 2 AM, though on a piece of paper we've been given it was noted that music is not allowed after 12...so if you are thinking about relaxation, don't consider that place.
6-As we were to leave Cyprus at 8 PM, we had asked for a late check-out ; though there was no reservation for our room on that day, we were asked to pay extra fees, but we didn't...so the only solution we were provided with was to leave our bags (with valuables) in the corridor, just facing the street !! There is no luggage room !
7-We had reserved rooms a month or 1.5 months prior to our arrival in Cyprus, and so our friends (who've paid the same amount of money) were given a bigger and newer apartment, whereas we were left with an old, very dull one, with antique sofas.
8-As for the staff, well, they are not hospitable...at least they are not the kind of people to work at a hotel.
9-I had asked the bartender on one morning : "do you have "Nescafe" ? (a way not to embarrass him if they don't have Nescafe" )and so he replied "of course, we do, we are in Cyprus !!!..." and then started laughing as if I've hurt his feelings with my question or asked a very dumb one.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends