“WARNING! Misleading advertisement!”

Aphelandra Hotel Apts
Ranked #98 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am very unhappy to write this very negative reference, but the time my partner and I spent at Aphelandra Hotel Apartments was horrid. First of all, staff was unhelpful and the receptionist barely spoke English. When we went into our room, our first greeting was long black hair on the floor... Soon we realised that EVEN THOUGH it was ADVERTISED on the internet, there were NO DOUBLE BEDS, NO FREE WIFI in the rooms, NO FREE AIRCON and not even FANS!!! Therefore it was terribly hot. Basically, EVERYTHING that made us choose this place for this price WAS NOT THERE. The hotel manager very unhelpful and unfriendly when we were trying to communicate our problems to him in a very friendly fashion. This continued throughout the time we stayed and when we came back in the middle of the night and desperately needed some fresh water (the water in the rooms is not drinkable) he refused to give me some and told me that I could go buy it in the morning... So even though we booked the place for four nights, we left after only one. The manager offered to give us the money back for the last two nights, so we send him an email with more details... To this day, he hasn't replied...

The only nice thing about this place which I really want to mention is the friendly bar staff and the super delicious sandwiches we got for out way back. But I warn everybody about staying there, it's misleading advertisement, a bad atmosphere thus terrible value for the money.

Hope this was helpful and enjoy your time in Ayia Napa!

Room Tip: They don't have double beds (see above), no free aircon, no fans and the room we had was pretty...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank F K

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel was okay, quite nice but not where I'd want to be as its a 5 minute walk from main strip of clubs but quite a while from the tourist bit of shops, nissi beach where all the nice hotels and restaurants seem to be! Staff are friendly but room hygiene wasn't that good, Overall an okay experience but would rather have stayed somewhere else

Reviewed June 30, 2013

After decideing to leave our previous appts (river reggae) we found these appts knowing that any hotel would be better than the last! on arrival we had a clean room, clean sheets, no damage any where, clean, bright bathroom, double balcony and a fully operational kitchen. This has everything you need and if we head back to napa, we have already decided to stay here. close enough to the strip and also close enough to Christos's Supermarket for everyday things. Poll was clean (hard to get a bed though) bar area does food. would deffo go back

Reviewed June 25, 2013

They stole from us twice. The door was fine so we are sure it was someone with keys. The staff steals from you and the manager doesnt do anything.
also very dirty, the doors dont close, the toilets dont work. nothing works in there. you pay extra for everything.
dont go there! there are better hotels and cheaper, where none is stealing from you.

Room Tip: just dont go there.
1  Thank ConstantinaLaz
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had a terrible time during my stay in Aphelandra Hotel. I stayed there with my friends for 4 nights and someone broke into our room 2 nights in a row. Some money were taken and our room was left in a mess. After the first night of the burglary we moved into another room, as the door of the previous one couldn't close perfectly. However, the next night we faced the exact same problem. Personally I don't find it random that the 2nd night particularly our room was burgled. Me and my friends had to stay awake until the morning to get some help and protect our stuff that was left in our room. We were extremely tired and anxious. Some other rooms were burgled as well during that period of time (previous and current week of my stay). The staff wasn't really helpful and friendly at all. Obviously there is no safety and security guarantied. For A/C you pay extra money and the toilets didn't work efficiently. All in all, I am highly disappointed in everything related with this hotel except the price and the location.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in Aphelandra Hotel Apartments from the 23rd until the 30th of July.
Our overall experience was really good. We stayed in room number 403 and our friend in 202.

Here are all the pros and cons (in my opinion of course):

+ Really close to where all the nightlife is (less than 5 min walking)
+ Close to restaurants and other amenities
+ Spacious apartment
+ Friendly staff
+ Our room had a really great view
+ Many parking spots
+ Value for money
+ Nice food at the pool bar
+ free wi-fi (although not a very wide signal range)

- noisy (but what do you expect, when most of the people pre-party in their room and get back drunk from the clubs to the hotel at 5-6 am. :) )
- poor cleaning (we stayed for a week and they might have cleaned 3-4 times, this may be because generally we were cleaning by ourselves and the cleaning ladies were busy cleaning the really dirty apartments)
- extra payment for air conditioning (which by the way was not working properly and kept "spitting" oil on my husband)
- pool not very clean (as most pools in hotel apartments)
- The layout of the hotel is a bit confusing, although the passages are really beautiful (built with rocks and have trees all around). So beware! You may easily get lost at night if there's a lot of alcohol in your system.

And here's a funny story about my friend's room (the 202):

We were coming back from lunch and decided to stop by her room and discuss about what we were going to do later on. When we came into the room and put the key into the hole which turns the power on, surprisingly, the power did not go on. We called the receptionist and she called the technician, who was there in approximately an hour and seemed to be drunk. He was struggling with the key thingy for about half an hour and then voila! The power was fixed!!! Interestingly, some guys from the next room came and said that now THEY had a problem with power so he went to their apartment to fix their problem. In about ten minutes... *CLICK* The power on the whole floor went out. The technician managed to bring it back on and called another technician (a more sober one). By that time, my husband, my friend and I were rolling on the floor laughing. My husband decided that he wanted to go to our room since it was July and it was really hot and apparently we stayed without air-conditioning for a while. He closed the door behind him and immediately knocked. We opened and what do you know! He was holding the doorknob! We laughed for a week after that incident.

So to sum up, we had a great holiday staying in Aphelandra Hotel Apartments. If you are a young couple or a group of friends or just people who like partying and don't mind noise (otherwise you should go to Protaras village, where it is more quiet) I recommend you choose this hotel!

Room Tip: Some apartments in the Block where the Apartment numbers begin with 4 have sea view. Beware! As we w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TerryLea
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Me and my friend worked out in Napa's main nightclub's; however we wanted something at a good-price, relatively close to the strip, but away from the late night noise - The apartments are pretty basic, but are kept clean and regularly visited by the maids who are very friendly. The staff, especially Andreas & Villas at the Bar are very accomodating and serve food until 6pm. The pool is fairly-sized and enough room to lounge in the sun with the beds. The apartments are part of a complex of rooms and within walking distance of the bars, restaraunts and local amneties. If you wanted to go down the strip to party, it's only a 5-10min walk via the back walkway. They have WiFi accessible near the pool, reception and if your lucky via your balcony. To bear in mind, there is an additonal charge for the Air-Con upon arrival, rougly 10Euros a day - Safety Box and extra towels available on request. Check-out time is 12:00pm; however if you have a light evening flight, call the reception on the morning of your leave and they may be able to give an additonal hour. Definately visit again and recommed highly.

Room Tip: Rooms 301-309 are a good lot to chose from, but bare in mind there are stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business