“Wouldnt let a stray dog stay here”
Review of Anthea Hotel Apts

Anthea Hotel Apts
Ranked #100 of 107 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Paris, France
“Wouldnt let a stray dog stay here”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

the bed broke when i took my first of many girls back. bar man was a sexually frustrated man who was on girl look out rather than serving drinks. arny's of ants used room as a playground, oh and the bed sheets had stains from human excretion. The pool was like an ice bath and a wetsuit was needed. Overall shocking hotel, still the girls then were top notch.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank donald d

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

visited Anthea hotel 26/9/12.first room we got was a complete dump in an anex complained to Amo the olimpic rep and he got us moved to a room overlooking the pool it was like chalk and cheese lovely marble tiles all clean and nothing broken,I would not go back to this hotel as it,s too much of a lottery what kind of room you get.I must say I found most of the staff and the manager very helpful and not a bit rude.Any damage I saw seemed to have been caused by guests although maintainance in the hotel left a lot to be dasired.Ayia Napa itself is a great resort for entertainment and the hotel is right in the middle of it.Visit Tommy,s bar for a bit of Karaoki and live show every night good craic.Flights took over 4-1/2 hours you get no movie and the food was a small finger roll with a thin piece of cheese (Aegen Airlines)

Room Tip: second floor with pool view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RobertM251
Oxford
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A group of us have just returned from a trip to this hell hole and we felt compelled to write a review as quickly as possible with accompanying photos to make sure no one makes the same mistake we did for our accommodation choice!

We stayed for a week in Aiya Napa and booked this trip through Olympic Holidays. 3 of us went and we are all in our mid 20’s plus have all stayed in a variety of different accommodation from Hostel’s to 5 star Hotels. Dont get me wrong, this Hotel we felt would potentially be very basic accommodation with a reasonable pool and bar. We had no great expectations as its only real purpose was to provide us with a base for the week.

The problems started as soon as we arrived. Upon arrival the older lady behind the desk ‘greeted us’ with all the warmth of an ice cube, and we were told to book our air con for the room ‘later’. We then waited in limbo for her to show a large group of us to each of our rooms/cells. None of the guests had a clue what was going on as she moped around and then shouted ‘come’ at us all. After a short walk, we were pointed in the direction of our ‘Cell’. There was graffiti all over the walls around and garden furniture scattered in a pile by the bin. Not the best first impression...but maybe the room would be better?...Unfortunately not the case. We opened the door and the place could only be described as filthy and if they had a cleaner, it was most probably Stevie Wonda. There were marks from spilt drinks, dust, sand etc. all over the floor, the outside table was covered in felt tip drawings of male genitals and the bathroom mirror was cracked. As I said, we expected it to be basic accommodation but there was clearly no reasonable cleanliness. I then went to see the woman behind the desk to state that the mirror was cracked as there were a list of ‘charges’ in the front office stating heavy fines for damages. Again, at this point we asked for our air con but were told to come back later.

I then went to see my other 2 cell mates and they said that the towels in the room were also clearly not clean. There were questionable large marks on them and they smelt of sweat. 1 of the towels was ok, but the rest had most definitely been used for quite some time. Also the fridge was not working. We decided to wait an hour and then went downstairs to both order our air con and complain about the towels. The older gentleman was behind the desk this time and said the towels ‘were not his problem, and to come back in the morning’ and the towels would be changed tomorrow. He also charged us 58 euros for 1 air con unit to work....a total rip off....however a necessity in our view.

We basically then went back to the room, dumped everything and went out for the evening. The next day we decided to venture out into the Pool....which can only be described as a scummy pit in the ground filled with water and a mixed selection of crap. We got speaking to another guy who had been staying there who expressed his concern that the pool had not been cleaned in the entire 2 weeks he had been there. For risk of catching some deadly disease, we left an hour or so later and went to the beach instead. Upon return we still had no clean towels, however the fridge was now working. We then went again to complain and the woman behind the desk accused us of lying that the towels were dirty and was incredibly rude. She eventually said we could have clean towels but wouldn’t get anything more for the rest of our stay! This was unacceptable and due to continuing our argument she eventually buckled. I recorded the entire thing on my phone which I will be uploading for anyone interested. We were perfectly reasonable and all have our own businesses, therefore understand how you should deal with customers. Her entire approach was shocking just for some bloody fresh towels.

The next day we did get the towels! However had no cleaning service at all in the room. Only on 1 occasion did the cleaner visit 2 days before we were leaving and she did a totally crap job.

Other ‘highlights’ during our visit included Ant infestation, an unsecure lock on the rear balcony door, broken switches/sockets, no clean bed linen (I found a hair clip in my bed!), mould in the bathroom/fridge and a knackered air con unit in the bedroom.

We didnt let this horrible dump ruin our trip and therefore stayed away from the place really for the entire week. Aiya Napa is a fantastic place to go and it was our first visit. The location couldn’t have been better really – lots of restaurants, nice bars, 200-300 yards from ‘the strip’, lovely beaches and extremely friendly locals elsewhere. None of us can fault the resort and despite its ‘clubbing’ reputation there is so much more you can go and do with a very varied age group.

I would strongly recommend a shed on the beach over this place though! Im sure there are Turkish Prisons with better standards.The staff are an absolute disgrace to hoteliers, cleanliness none existent and hotel features completely zero unless you fancy catching a serious disease. Believe me when I say that the bad reviews on here are completely true!

I will post pictures of our room and other ‘features’ to help you decide but take my advice - stay ANYWHERE over this place.

Room Tip: Try and avoid a room with Ants, crap on the floor, mould, broken locks, a working shower, male genit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank christopher h

Travelers are raving about these Ayia Napa hotels

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

First of all, familise who moan about how this hotel wasn't up to their standards, well, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TAKING YOUR FAMILY TO AYIA NAPA? What exactly do you expect? You're taking your family to one of the top clubbing locations in the world. Honestly do people not research before they book? If you are booking a family holiday, DON'T go to ayia napa, simple.

If youre coming here with your mates, its absolutely perfect! Went for a week with 12 other lads in July and we've already booked anthea for next year. Hotel is in a sick location between the strip and restaurants (go to American Grill and the Queen Vic Pub ((near the port)), two 10/10 restaurants. The pool is perfect, plays loud decent music all day and the barman is an absolute machine! Decent club sandwich too. You're not disturbed by receptionists or security unless you break something. Beds are fine. Aircon is WORTH the money, tried two nights without it, couldn't sleep, woke up in puddles of sweat, GET IT!

Lads or girls holiday this is 10. Book it, you won't regret it.

July 21st 2013 - for two weeks ;)

Room Tip: 3/4 rooms we booked were quality, one was a little small but i didn't care because it was my fri...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Jack P
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

went on holiday 4/09/2012 with just me and my cousin had fantastic holiday !

room- got put in the main block by the main pool judging because we was two girls, the room was very clean !! the maids come in 3 times in the space of the week gave us couple touls and cleaned up the sick ! (blame it on the alcohol) the temperiture of the room felt like a sauner no joke ! my cousin actualy put the mattress on the balcony and slept outside !

pool- our pool was clean ! music cracked on 11 in the morning every day ! be-ware bar staff like to chuck ice at you !

strip- clubs were amazing !! deffo recermend doing bar crawls !!! and fantasy boat partyy!

staff- when we arrived they were really freindly , however i was discusted they charged me for another key as i lost my cousin one night went back to the hotel ask for another key a kind cyprus man gave me 10 euros to which the old night man snatched out my hand ... the old man continued to call our room for the second key back as we said to him we will return at the end of our holiday ! second to last night we come in early hours in the morning the night man grabbed our passports started screaming at us " I NEED KEY GIVE ME F**KING KEY " and then grabbed hold to our pizza boxs refused to give it back untill we gave him the key he then grabbed our passports out the draw started trying to RIP THEM UP !! YESS RIP THEM UP until the security man came over said to the WTF YOU DOING ?!?! .. this man is a f**king physco who needs to sacked rudest man ive ever met .

however this did not ruin our holiday , would deffo come back !

Room Tip: rooms by the main pool not the back building
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank aworsfold390
ballymena
Reviewed September 22, 2012

just back from a wk at anthea. hotel reception was fine. arrived at room when my eyes opened. walls need painted, ants living on one of the walls, shower disguising, two single beds which one of them was lying on the springs, air condition 8 euros a day, no tv, bath towels changed once, had to go manager got couple of items stolen. last day waiting to go to airport 2 other people said they got things stolen as well. manager said this never happened before. what a joke was left 3 flowers in a tumber. one of the other girls got free meal. outside my room were boxes of tiles lying ceilings u could see the brick, handrail was falling off, the water of the air condition was lying on the ground, drain blocked which gives you leagionair disease. one of the pools would have make you vomit. anthea was very handy to the beach,square and restuarants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank johndBallymena
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Not a place for familiessss..i went there with my family and my 2 daughters. Seriously im feeling guiltyy,i taught i took my daughters to somewhere elsee not an hotel! No Tv in the rooms,no WIFIII(where r u living? Earth? Moon?) Air condition 7 euros per day!! Hahahaa never seen..Theres a million excellent hotels in cyprus..dont try ANTHEA

• Stayed September 2012