“Fantastic, Perfect!”
Review of Anthea Hotel Apts

Anthea Hotel Apts
Ranked #94 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed in Anthea for 9 days, great location , everything was great, staffs are very friendly and helpful from the receptionist to the waiters till the cleaners, I liked everything there, they clean the room every day and no one bother you there, if you want the best place to stay, really choose Anthea! contact me for any information about the hotel:)

Room Tip: I was in the room 252.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ali S

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Dirty, very date and unsafe.

A group of girls awoke at 4am to find a man going through their things.

Reception staff rude and don't give a damn attitude, only positive is the friendly bar staff.

Rooms are shocking, extremely dirty (and that's not me been snobby), furniture falling apart, dirty pillows.

Most worrying is the amount of robbery - the number of stories we heard about things been stolen or even worse been robbed in the middle of the night.

Sort it out Anthea - will be complaining to Olympic Holidays.

ONLY POSITIVE IS THE FRIENDLY BAR STAFF - PERHAPS THE RECEPTION TEAM COULD LEARN A FEW THINGS FROM THEM.

Room Tip: I would never recommend these apartments to anyone.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank PATRICK M
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I'm just home from 2 weeks in ayia napa and I actually had the best 2 weeks of my life!people who are complaining must be snobs because I don't think I could pick a bad thing about anthea! The rooms are basic but spacious and clean. There was a big group of us and we all got rooms together with the biggest balconies iv seen in any apartments iv stayed in! The staff were nothing but friendly (especially theo the bar owner who is just a legend!!) and the location was perfect! Also the food at the bar is really nice and the pool is great too! Anybody that complained shouldn't book a cheap hotel aimed at young and lively groups! Spend the extra money and go be boring somewhere else because anthea is definitely the best value party apartments in ayia napa!would go back in the morning :)

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Bigbadwolf17
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Although this Hotel is not as bad as some of the reviews suggest, it is no where near acceptable. We travelled as a family, with our daughter aged four. The first room we were shown to was right round at the back of the hotel in a separate apartment block. It was terrible. The decor was extremely worn and the door had clearly been kicked in on more than one occasion, as it didn't even close properly. When I complained to reception we were moved straight away, to an only slightly better room, but at least the door shut securely. However this didn't really matter, as it was the cleaning staff that were stealing from you!!! As I mentioned, we were on a family holiday, so we were keeping a close eye on our spending-we were not group of drunken youths, likely to miscount our money or steal from each other. We went to pool for a morning swim. (we used the back pool, which was much quieter, except for the rude youths who refused to get out of the children’s pool so my daughter could use it-but that's not the hotels fault!) My wife and my daughter were in the pool for about an hour, when they got out-my daughter had got fed up of swimming in the 'big' pool, so they went upstairs to get dressed, and I continued to swim. The room had been left unattended for 1 hour at the most. We went out for lunch, and as we stopped for a drink, I noticed there was 100 euros missing from my wallet. We went straight back to the hotel to make sure it hadn't fallen out in our suitcase, but there was no sign of it, so we went to report it the hotel staff. We asked to speak to the manager, who saw us promptly, but was totally disinterested. He said he didn't want to deal with our complaint, and if we really thought the maid had stolen our money we should call the police. We had no other choice, but to do this. We wasted a day waiting for the police to come, only to be told they couldn't do anything as we had touched the wallet, so no finger prints or DNA could be taken. What made this situation worse, was the fact our rep was uncontactable on the Tuesday that this happen, so we had no one to seek advice from. The maid who took our money was not an opportunist, she knew exactly what she was doing, she only stole a 100 euros, when there was more in the wallet, so it looked like we had lost it or spent it ourselves. I could have accepted it more if the money had been lying around, but she went through my suitcase to find it. (there are no safes in the room). She also stole from my four year daughter, although it really doesn't matter, she stole a MacDonalds glass and a smurf toy that she had been collecting. Who steals from a four year old?!! The staff all back one other up, and when we finally managed to speak to our rep the following day, she admitted that two other rooms in our block had, had money and i-pods and phones stolen all on this Tuesday. If she had been in work that day, maybe we could have got some of our belongings back. Up until this point, we were really enjoying our holiday, we found the reception staff to be very helpful, and they paid special attention to our daughter, talking to her every day, and making her feel welcome. If you go there to party, I don't think you could get a better location and although very basic, the rooms were comfortable enough to put your head down-it’s the thieving maid that lets this place down, along with the fact that her manager is covering for her!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Clare B
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here with my friend a week ago and it was fantastic. We were dreading going after reading the reviews on here but it was nothing like what everyone had written. The maids cleaned our rooms at least 3 times in the week we were there. The pool was clean and the staff were very friendly. The nightlife is just down the road and there is a maccys over the road (great for the hangover). It is quite noisy if you want to sleep but with all the alcohol you will have intoxicated it wont matter :) I would defo reccommend going on the fantasy boat booze cruise, it was one of the best days. I would defo stay here again and im gutted to be home.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank kelly w
Reviewed August 28, 2011

dreaded staying in these apartments after reading the reviews,but when we got there we were more than happy with our stay there..are room was open plan and was clean,maids came twice in the week we were there,if we needed clean towels we asked and we got them..never heard of anyone getting anything stole,but obviously if u leave money and stuff about it could go missing,just like it would back at home..this place is alot better than the others we saw,and is in the middle of everything..so dont be put off by all the bad reviews..

Room Tip: we stayed in room 245
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank fagmuff
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My 18 year old daughter stayed here and on her last night her and a group of friends had their phones and money stolen. They were all in a little pile at the side of the pool and 2 cypriot guys just ran in, scooped them up in their arms and ran away. There were cameras, iphones purses, euros everything. My daughter had ants and cochroaches in her room and no clean towels or beds made for the week. The reception staff were a disgrace and didn't want to know!!!!!!

Room Tip: just don't go there its a hell hole
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends