I stayed at the Electra for 2 weeks from 24th September. Got home yesterday and very depressed at the moment!! On arrival, check in was very fast and was able to find our Apartment straight away. We stayed at room 1614. We found most of the Reception Staff very friendly and helpful except 1 of the women there. Not nice!! Weather was stunning. Between 30 and 35 every day with a lovely breeze thought the day and night. Best time of year to go all round.
Although we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday there are few things that could be changed at the Electra.
mainly being, we stayed at the hotel on a self catering basis and found the food and drink there VERY VERY expensive. So much so that i paid 6euros for a bottle of Strongbow which is equivalent of half a pint! A pint of Carlsberg, which is locally produced was working out at 3.50euros. Something as little as vodka and coke was around 4.50 euros. Definaltely was too overpriced. It's fine if you go all inclusive as you have a lot of options with regard to food and drink. The all inclusive customers get their cocktails etc in plastic pint glasses but the paying customers get them in small half pint glasses.
The rooms were fine for what we used it for. Sleeping and showering. I did experience a few ants but what can you expect when you keep food in the apartments and in that heat.
Pool side was fantastic and very clean and always able to get a sunbed whatever time of day it was.
ENTERTAINMENT - brilliant. Nikki and Anais are a credit to the Aquasol Group. They are worth their weight in gold. They made evryone's holiday. Always trying their hardest to keep people happy and entertained. Nikki is lovely. Very friendly and always smiling and happy. Anis is a man of many talents. Fire eater, glass walker, bingo caller and an all round good guy. They always managed to get everyone going and the atmosphere was brilliant. It was like a little community and everyone knew everyone by the end of the night. There was always a lovely feeling of friendliness and i would say it was due to their hard work. Thanks guys!!
The kids reps, Bonkers Becky and Dizzi Dee are fab too. Work really hard and have a big interest in the kids. They made my daughter's holiday. She really enjoyed going to the kids clubs and the mini disco in the evenings, although it was only half hour.
Location is very good too. Right on beach but this beach is very pebly. If you walk to your left at the main road, you'll pass about 2 or 3 beaches and also get to the fabulous Nissi Beach which would take around 20 minutes to walk there.
We were lucky enough to make friends with quite a few people. Mainly a family from Newcastle who were awesome and will be staying in touch with them in the future.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone but the reason for the low score is mainly because of the price. I think it is way too expensice and, given time, will loose customers. Especially as everyone would go directly across the road to the Simos Magic Beach apartments for food and drink and they were at lease 2euros cheaper per drink and the staff could not do any more for you even if they tried!!
I'm more rambling now than reviewing. should probably be reminiscing. any questions drop a reply here and I'll see if I can answer them.
Just a few words for the previouse travellers to the Electra. "Oh Yeah" and "Agia Agia". ha ha. They are stuck in my head!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SPLASH, ELECTRA HOLIDAY VILLAGE, AYIA NAPAAn attractive holiday village traditionally styled, 1.5 km away from the center of Ayia Napa close to all the restaurants, pubs and shops. OFFICIAL CATEGORY: Class A’ACCOMMODATION:Total number of Apartments: 124 Apartments (62 Studios & 62 One Bedroom) Studio: Open plan lounge with kitchenette, A/C, direct dial telephone, TV with radio channels, oven, kettle, toaster, mini fridge, safe box, bath/shower, balcony or terrace. One bedroom Apartments: One twin bedded room with A/C, direct dial telephone, safe box. Open plan lounge with kitchenette, TV with radio channels, oven, kettle, toaster, mini fridge, bath/shower, balcony or terrace.Superior rooms: Upgraded studios and one bedroom apartments featuring additionally microwave, hairdryer, coffee maker and jacuzzi. RESTAURANT & BARS:Okeanos Restaurant: Our indoor restaurant serving throughout the day a wide variety of international and local specialties with an extended choice of local wines. Also serving daily a rich breakfast buffet.Okeanos Open Air Restaurant: Adjacent to Okeanos Restaurant, serving throughout the summer months a wide variety of international and local specialties. Poseidon Indoor & Outdoor Bar: Enjoy a great variety of exotic cocktails, special coffees and all-time favourite classic drinks in a relaxed atmosphere.LEISURE AND SPORTS:A large outdoor swimming pool, children’s paddle, indoor swimming pool, fitness room, activities pool, sauna, massage.OTHER FACILITIES:Reception, lounge, public rooms, games area, children’s playroom, mini shop and internet corner.ENTERTAINMENT AND ANIMATION: Animation program throughout the day for the whole family, weekly folkloric show and special theme buffet nights.CONFERENCE FACILITIES:Conference facilities for up to 100 people. FEATURESNo of Multi lane slides: 1No of speed slides : 2No of Feature slides: 1( mini side winder)No of Kids slides: 2 with multi level play structureNo of Lazy rivers: 1 with interactive featuresNo of Tube slides: 2( flume type)No of Wave pools: 1Opening hours for the water park: 10h00 to 18h00 May to October ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Bookcyprus.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Electra Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Electra Holiday Village Hotel Ayia Napa
- Electra Holiday Village Ayia Napa