“Outstanding Family Vacation”

Electra Holiday Village
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were a family of six (2 adults, our 13, 4 and 2 year old daughters and 10 year old son). This is a wonderful hotel. Surprisingly clean and loads of entertainment for both parents and children but particularly for children. On arrival at check-in the staff were extremely friendly and check-in was swift. After getting our all inclusive wtrist band on, we walked to our room (Block 32) on the ground level and were pleasantly surprised with how clean and spacious it was. There was no porters by the way, so you have roll/carry/drag your own suitcases. We had a bedroom with a large bed, a sitting room which was converted to accommodate our large family, a kitchenette with a small fridge, microwave, electric hot water kettle and electric stove. Plenty of towels were available, but what we didn't know is that we may not use the room towels (white) for the pool and beach. You actually have to bring your own. Also, they didn't inform me upon check-in that the room is cleaned 5 days a week. So one day we walked into our room and found it not cleaned. When I called to ask they told me of their policy. However house keeping did come over and offered to clean the room which I thought was extremely professional. The main highlight is the waterpark just across the street. Don't worry the street is not busy, it is actually at a dead end and hardly any traffic. The waterpark was so much fun for all ages specially my 4 and 2 year olds, they had a blast. Agree with the other reviewers on the professionalism of the life guards at both the pool and waterpark, they are not attentive nor alert. I didn't rely on them one bit. The park itself was very safe and only people with special wrist bands could get in. You had 3 buffet style meals. Breakfast for me was the best. In general the buffet lunches and dinners were ok and the best night was the Mexican theme. Oh ya, you need to ask about the theme dinners and their days as they forgot to inform me on check-in. I must say, we stayed for 6 nights but after the 4th I couldn't stand eating there anymore and so we went across the street to a Mexican restaurant which was awful. The food was below average and the service poor. Save Mexican for the theme night at the resort. Finally the entertainment at the hotel which starts at 20:30. My kids loved it and yes the crew entertaining us were amazing. Anis and his crew Christian and the other lady were immaculate. Very funny, caring and took very good care of the children there. Everyday there was a different show to include a parrot show, a magic show, kids disco, singing, dancing, the works. By the time it was 23:00, kids were tired or asleep.
Kyriakos at the bar was amazing and friendly. He was always smiling and making the best drinks. A special thanks to the General Manager Panagiotis for making our holiday possible. Oh yes, the beach is sandy but course and yes it is very rocky walking into the water. We did take the Black Pearl pirate ship and had a blast on that. They took us to the blue lagoon for a swim in crystal clear waters. Try to go early to get a seat on the upper deck to avoid getting sea sick.

Room Tip: If you have kids or using a stroller, ask for a ground level room. Going up and down the stairs cou...
2  Thank KMubarak

Reviewed August 2, 2013

No food for late arrivals so get there before 9pm. Rooms are very spacious with air con. They are also dated but clean.
Rooms are cleaned regularly. Maids are friendly and respectful. Staff are generally very warm, kind and attentive. Bar staff are funny guys.
Great location, 20 mins walk to harbour and Napa centre, and also 20 mins walk to Nissi beach.
Anis and Christian work very hard to provide fun and entertainment for all, all day and all night everyday. They are also very likeable and great company.
Lucy is a very kind and patient kids rep. I was very comfortable leaving my 7 year old with her.
The main pool has varied music and games throughout the day. Getting sunbeds is not a problem as half the guests were in the brilliant waterpark everyday.
Lots of sunbeds were either broken or dirty though. Apart from that the pools and waterpark were fantastic.
No ashtrays anywhere except for your balcony for some reason. Thankfully guests were finding bins for them.
There were a few chavs through the fortnight that embarrassed the rest of the English. Most guests are very nice and a pleasure to be around.
This hotel is not for true vegetarians. Meat and fish dishes are next to the veggie dishes in the buffet meaning that everything ends up with meat and fish in it.
Chefs are happy to make something different and personal for vegetarians, but you have to specify exactly what. I eat lots of quorn at home and I am not a chef. I ate pizza and pasta for 2 weeks with the occasional uncontaminated salad.
The gym was a small hot room with equipment that does not work. If you are happy to work out with only dumbells on a 30 year old gym mat then this is the place for you.
This holiday was made good by the hard working staff and the lovely people that we met. I do not feel that the hotel food, facilities or internal appearance was worthy of my hard earned cash, although I will add that meat eaters were quite happy at meal times.
I hope that the some of my money is is invested towards an interior designer and a vegetarian menu to support the work that the staff do to try and make sure guests enjoy their holiday.
I feel as if I have paid about £800 too much for this holiday and will be looking for more value out of £2600 at the next hotel I stay in.

2  Thank I_M_Honest2013

24th July - 31st July 2013
This is my first review and as such I am finding it difficult to weigh up just what to say as surely each holiday is seen from the perspective of the person going? Take my wife and myself. We're used to holidays staying in 5 star hotels so using just that as a starting point the Electra would be seen as a disappointment as the hotel, it's rooms, restaurant and service were to us quite basic. I went to a holiday camp when I was a kid (a long time ago) and from that distant memory I would describe the Electra as a Butlins with heat.
The wife wasn't happy with the cleaners as our towels went downhill from the first day, a dirty sheet wasn't replaced and a couple of times they left the patio door unlocked which was particularly worrying after another family had a break-in. You don't want a room with a sea-view as they are particularly susceptible to a passing thief.
Food was plentiful. Not top class but there was no need to go hungry. We often skipped lunch and had a nice snack by the bar whose staff were very good, especially the bartenders who were very generous with the cocktails. Two Mai-tai being enough to send the wife to bed very happy, must have been at least trebles.
Entertainment was basic but I think the team, Anis, Christian and Lucy worked their socks off. It's not easy to entertain kids, teenagers, the middle and old aged all at the same time. Considering the hours they worked I think they did very well. My favourite night was a Tuesday when they got as many guests dancing on stage as they could. This was also our last night and the drinks had flowed which may have helped. My highlight was probably when the kids got Lucy soaking wet in the pool and then she had to bounce up and down to "mosa mosa asi voce me mata". That's an image that will live long in the mind.
Location was good, 20 minute walk into Ayia Napa, whilst the nearby beach was nice except as another contributor wrote the sand was very gritty so hard on the feet. Swim a few yards out and the water takes on that beautiful azure blue hue that is quite simply stunning.
Okay, that's from our adult point of view, now from another perspective, that of grandparents taking their 10 year old grandson on holiday. The place is fantastic. We booked this hotel for the family tag and the water park and apart from the wave machine not working the hotel was everything we could have wished for. Our Ben loved every second of it, soon found friends that he played with most of the week and because of this we too became friends with several sets of parents which made the whole thing much more enjoyable. The pool is very large, the water was warm and inviting and as we were enduring a Cypriot heat wave a most welcome place to cool down. Ben didn't go to the daily kids club but did join in with the dance routines, volleyball, water polo etc, etc. We were only there 7 days, he would have been happy to stay there all summer.
So, in summary. We got exactly what we wanted from this holiday, a great time for a great grandson.

Room Tip: Do NOT ask for a sea view, access too easy for the local thieves.
1  Thank Johnny-Marvo
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just returned back 29/7 from a weeks holiday at the Electra Village- 2 Adults and child 15. Had a lovely time the weather was excellent overall the holiday was great value for the money.

We arrived in the early hours after an hours coach trip from the airport. The receptionist provided the large key from the room which operated the air con and all the electric in the rooms. The safe key was extra 22 euros but 10 euros was a deposit which we received back.

We had a studio room which overlooked the water park, the room was very large and had self catering facilities which we never used apart from the fridge. The bathroom was clean but small had a bath and shower towels were changed daily, The bedlinen was changed twice in the week and cleaned regularly. There was no hairdryer but i bought my own with me as i had read the reviews before I left. The TV had very limited english channels but who stays in their room to watch TV on holiday.

The restaurant was very clean and air conditioned the staff were very friendly and helpful. There was plenty of choice they had a two week menu. There was never any issues with us being rushed and you were able to order drinks from the bar in glasses which made a lovely change. Lunch was served in the restaurant. They offered bar food between 10-12 and then 3-5 which was cooked to order there was a good choice of food from jacket potatoes, pasta, burgers, nachos and many more. For us this was a chance to get out of the afternoon sun and take part in the cocktail quiz.

The entertainment started around the pool from 10.30 killer darts, killer pool, water volleyball waterpolo plenty of entertainment for all ages. The entertainment staff worked really hard every day very friendly people Christain, Anis and Lucy always around the pool chatting to everyone making sure everyone is having a great time. The evening shows were the usual children's disco bingo and then a Parrot Show, Magic Show and yes Elvis was alive in Cyprus he was pretty good and everyone enjoyed that night.All drinks were served from plastic cups but the all inclusive drinks included a large selection and cocktails.

The pool was split into two a large children's area which was mainly used from volleyball but the main pool was shallow on one end then deep at the other. We had a life guard from 10am until 5pm. The sunbeds as usual you had to be up early 6ish any earlier and your towels would be taken off and put in a pile. The sunbeds need to be looked at some need to be thrown away and a good clean is needed. People do leave their plastics cups around but there are plenty of bins around. The waterpark is just over the road opens from 10 to 6pm has plenty of lifeguards and has the free all inclusive bar on site, limited sun beds but we went there late afternoon and there was no queuing for the rides.

The Electra village is located on a pebble beach but there is a lovely beach 15 mins walk down to nissi beach. The local beach offered water sports at an extra charge.

This resort is walking distance from the shops restaurants and bars etc, plenty of choices for all ages groups, the Harbour is only a 20 min walk where you can have a leisurely boat trip , fishing trip or go on a party boat.

We had a lovely time and I would recommend this holiday.

1  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Arrived home 28th July after 2wks here. One week would have been enough for us.
Hotel staff friendly & helpful, rooms fine and food good, one of our group veggie but no issues with plenty of things to eat.
Down side, people leaving rubbish at side of pool & water park,even with plenty of bins about which only attracted more ants.
The hotel entertainment we thought was very poor. Christian, the kids entertainment guy was lovely and enthusastic making the effort to speak with everyone each day, however the mini disco was the same tape & routine every night, our grandson age 7 got bored after 3rd night.
The adult entertainment was not for us at all and the bingo dire, the sound system was up so loud you couldnt hear what was being said, maybe as well as the adult entertainment guy loved the sound of his own voice 24/7. We went out most of the time to get away from it.
Matt the hotel rep was excellent, very helpful.
Overall opinion just an average holiday, used as a base to get out and about.
Sorry nothing special, have been to much better places for less cost.

1  Thank PortsmouthFixit
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Arrived back early hours of 25th July.I travelled with my 2 children aged 16 and 13. I was amazed by the size of the rooms and they were fully equiped with toaster, coffee maker, microwave and frigde. It would have been nice for them to supply water as we arruved early hours with nothing to drink. The bathroom was a good size with both bath and shower over. I was a bit disapointed that there was no hairdryer but these could be hired at reception for a deposit of 10 euros. The maids always tidied the room to an outstanding standard they also changed the sheets and provided us with nice fluffy towels. The bar staff worked very hard and were always smiling and they just kept pouring the drinks.... no limit. The entertainment staff were the tops especially christian but they were all great entertainers and made everyone laugh especially at bingo time. The waterpark was great for kids and adults and had its own bar. The food was fantastic but we ate mostly at the snack bar where there was a great choice for all. wifi cost 5 euro for 90 mins but make sure you log off otherwise it eats your minutes. The beach was o.k but you need something on your feet to go in the water as there are lots of pebbles and rocks.I went to the beach every day as there was a bit of a breeze... beware the temperatures are around 48 degrees so be careful and buy your sun tan lotion in england as it was around 12- 15 euros to buy out there. I was very impressed with the rep Mat (first choice ) he was a very helful guy with great knowledge of the Aiya Napa.The transfer from the airport was great with the added benefit of free wifi.... hooray for First Choice they are simply the best and a big thank you for providing me a single parent and my 2 children with a fantastic holiday to remember.

• Stayed: July 2013
7  Thank jasm1967
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just got back from Electra village and what can I say "take me back" loved every minute of it! Stayed there for 2 weeks with my hubby and 2 children aged 16 and 10. Both loved it. Anis and Christian was lovely who were the entertainers and then there is Lucy who had just joined the team my daughter said she was really nice and will miss her. She was doing kids club. Bar staff were friendly and the restaurant staff were helpful as my 16 year old has coeliac disease and when there wasn't anything she could eat they would cook her something she could eat. The only thing I had a problem was is there are quite a few ants but the cleaners would come clean your room and spray it too. A Lizard got in our room twice which I screamed lol but that isn't the hotels fault. Matt the holiday rep was cool too. Beach right on your door step with water sports. Nissi beach 20 mins Walk but worth it especially foam party it was amazing. I'll miss everyone there but don't worry I'll return!!! Met some lovely friends out there. One of our best holidays. X

• Stayed: July 2013