We were a family of six (2 adults, our 13, 4 and 2 year old daughters and 10 year old son). This is a wonderful hotel. Surprisingly clean and loads of entertainment for both parents and children but particularly for children. On arrival at check-in the staff were extremely friendly and check-in was swift. After getting our all inclusive wtrist band on, we walked to our room (Block 32) on the ground level and were pleasantly surprised with how clean and spacious it was. There was no porters by the way, so you have roll/carry/drag your own suitcases. We had a bedroom with a large bed, a sitting room which was converted to accommodate our large family, a kitchenette with a small fridge, microwave, electric hot water kettle and electric stove. Plenty of towels were available, but what we didn't know is that we may not use the room towels (white) for the pool and beach. You actually have to bring your own. Also, they didn't inform me upon check-in that the room is cleaned 5 days a week. So one day we walked into our room and found it not cleaned. When I called to ask they told me of their policy. However house keeping did come over and offered to clean the room which I thought was extremely professional. The main highlight is the waterpark just across the street. Don't worry the street is not busy, it is actually at a dead end and hardly any traffic. The waterpark was so much fun for all ages specially my 4 and 2 year olds, they had a blast. Agree with the other reviewers on the professionalism of the life guards at both the pool and waterpark, they are not attentive nor alert. I didn't rely on them one bit. The park itself was very safe and only people with special wrist bands could get in. You had 3 buffet style meals. Breakfast for me was the best. In general the buffet lunches and dinners were ok and the best night was the Mexican theme. Oh ya, you need to ask about the theme dinners and their days as they forgot to inform me on check-in. I must say, we stayed for 6 nights but after the 4th I couldn't stand eating there anymore and so we went across the street to a Mexican restaurant which was awful. The food was below average and the service poor. Save Mexican for the theme night at the resort. Finally the entertainment at the hotel which starts at 20:30. My kids loved it and yes the crew entertaining us were amazing. Anis and his crew Christian and the other lady were immaculate. Very funny, caring and took very good care of the children there. Everyday there was a different show to include a parrot show, a magic show, kids disco, singing, dancing, the works. By the time it was 23:00, kids were tired or asleep.
Kyriakos at the bar was amazing and friendly. He was always smiling and making the best drinks. A special thanks to the General Manager Panagiotis for making our holiday possible. Oh yes, the beach is sandy but course and yes it is very rocky walking into the water. We did take the Black Pearl pirate ship and had a blast on that. They took us to the blue lagoon for a swim in crystal clear waters. Try to go early to get a seat on the upper deck to avoid getting sea sick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SPLASH, ELECTRA HOLIDAY VILLAGE, AYIA NAPAAn attractive holiday village traditionally styled, 1.5 km away from the center of Ayia Napa close to all the restaurants, pubs and shops. OFFICIAL CATEGORY: Class A’ACCOMMODATION:Total number of Apartments: 124 Apartments (62 Studios & 62 One Bedroom) Studio: Open plan lounge with kitchenette, A/C, direct dial telephone, TV with radio channels, oven, kettle, toaster, mini fridge, safe box, bath/shower, balcony or terrace. One bedroom Apartments: One twin bedded room with A/C, direct dial telephone, safe box. Open plan lounge with kitchenette, TV with radio channels, oven, kettle, toaster, mini fridge, bath/shower, balcony or terrace.Superior rooms: Upgraded studios and one bedroom apartments featuring additionally microwave, hairdryer, coffee maker and jacuzzi. RESTAURANT & BARS:Okeanos Restaurant: Our indoor restaurant serving throughout the day a wide variety of international and local specialties with an extended choice of local wines. Also serving daily a rich breakfast buffet.Okeanos Open Air Restaurant: Adjacent to Okeanos Restaurant, serving throughout the summer months a wide variety of international and local specialties. Poseidon Indoor & Outdoor Bar: Enjoy a great variety of exotic cocktails, special coffees and all-time favourite classic drinks in a relaxed atmosphere.LEISURE AND SPORTS:A large outdoor swimming pool, children’s paddle, indoor swimming pool, fitness room, activities pool, sauna, massage.OTHER FACILITIES:Reception, lounge, public rooms, games area, children’s playroom, mini shop and internet corner.ENTERTAINMENT AND ANIMATION: Animation program throughout the day for the whole family, weekly folkloric show and special theme buffet nights.CONFERENCE FACILITIES:Conference facilities for up to 100 people. FEATURESNo of Multi lane slides: 1No of speed slides : 2No of Feature slides: 1( mini side winder)No of Kids slides: 2 with multi level play structureNo of Lazy rivers: 1 with interactive featuresNo of Tube slides: 2( flume type)No of Wave pools: 1Opening hours for the water park: 10h00 to 18h00 May to October ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Electra Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Electra Holiday Village Hotel Ayia Napa
- Electra Holiday Village Ayia Napa