Just returned back 29/7 from a weeks holiday at the Electra Village- 2 Adults and child 15. Had a lovely time the weather was excellent overall the holiday was great value for the money.
We arrived in the early hours after an hours coach trip from the airport. The receptionist provided the large key from the room which operated the air con and all the electric in the rooms. The safe key was extra 22 euros but 10 euros was a deposit which we received back.
We had a studio room which overlooked the water park, the room was very large and had self catering facilities which we never used apart from the fridge. The bathroom was clean but small had a bath and shower towels were changed daily, The bedlinen was changed twice in the week and cleaned regularly. There was no hairdryer but i bought my own with me as i had read the reviews before I left. The TV had very limited english channels but who stays in their room to watch TV on holiday.
The restaurant was very clean and air conditioned the staff were very friendly and helpful. There was plenty of choice they had a two week menu. There was never any issues with us being rushed and you were able to order drinks from the bar in glasses which made a lovely change. Lunch was served in the restaurant. They offered bar food between 10-12 and then 3-5 which was cooked to order there was a good choice of food from jacket potatoes, pasta, burgers, nachos and many more. For us this was a chance to get out of the afternoon sun and take part in the cocktail quiz.
The entertainment started around the pool from 10.30 killer darts, killer pool, water volleyball waterpolo plenty of entertainment for all ages. The entertainment staff worked really hard every day very friendly people Christain, Anis and Lucy always around the pool chatting to everyone making sure everyone is having a great time. The evening shows were the usual children's disco bingo and then a Parrot Show, Magic Show and yes Elvis was alive in Cyprus he was pretty good and everyone enjoyed that night.All drinks were served from plastic cups but the all inclusive drinks included a large selection and cocktails.
The pool was split into two a large children's area which was mainly used from volleyball but the main pool was shallow on one end then deep at the other. We had a life guard from 10am until 5pm. The sunbeds as usual you had to be up early 6ish any earlier and your towels would be taken off and put in a pile. The sunbeds need to be looked at some need to be thrown away and a good clean is needed. People do leave their plastics cups around but there are plenty of bins around. The waterpark is just over the road opens from 10 to 6pm has plenty of lifeguards and has the free all inclusive bar on site, limited sun beds but we went there late afternoon and there was no queuing for the rides.
The Electra village is located on a pebble beach but there is a lovely beach 15 mins walk down to nissi beach. The local beach offered water sports at an extra charge.
This resort is walking distance from the shops restaurants and bars etc, plenty of choices for all ages groups, the Harbour is only a 20 min walk where you can have a leisurely boat trip , fishing trip or go on a party boat.
We had a lovely time and I would recommend this holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SPLASH, ELECTRA HOLIDAY VILLAGE, AYIA NAPAAn attractive holiday village traditionally styled, 1.5 km away from the center of Ayia Napa close to all the restaurants, pubs and shops. OFFICIAL CATEGORY: Class A’ACCOMMODATION:Total number of Apartments: 124 Apartments (62 Studios & 62 One Bedroom) Studio: Open plan lounge with kitchenette, A/C, direct dial telephone, TV with radio channels, oven, kettle, toaster, mini fridge, safe box, bath/shower, balcony or terrace. One bedroom Apartments: One twin bedded room with A/C, direct dial telephone, safe box. Open plan lounge with kitchenette, TV with radio channels, oven, kettle, toaster, mini fridge, bath/shower, balcony or terrace.Superior rooms: Upgraded studios and one bedroom apartments featuring additionally microwave, hairdryer, coffee maker and jacuzzi. RESTAURANT & BARS:Okeanos Restaurant: Our indoor restaurant serving throughout the day a wide variety of international and local specialties with an extended choice of local wines. Also serving daily a rich breakfast buffet.Okeanos Open Air Restaurant: Adjacent to Okeanos Restaurant, serving throughout the summer months a wide variety of international and local specialties. Poseidon Indoor & Outdoor Bar: Enjoy a great variety of exotic cocktails, special coffees and all-time favourite classic drinks in a relaxed atmosphere.LEISURE AND SPORTS:A large outdoor swimming pool, children’s paddle, indoor swimming pool, fitness room, activities pool, sauna, massage.OTHER FACILITIES:Reception, lounge, public rooms, games area, children’s playroom, mini shop and internet corner.ENTERTAINMENT AND ANIMATION: Animation program throughout the day for the whole family, weekly folkloric show and special theme buffet nights.CONFERENCE FACILITIES:Conference facilities for up to 100 people. FEATURESNo of Multi lane slides: 1No of speed slides : 2No of Feature slides: 1( mini side winder)No of Kids slides: 2 with multi level play structureNo of Lazy rivers: 1 with interactive featuresNo of Tube slides: 2( flume type)No of Wave pools: 1Opening hours for the water park: 10h00 to 18h00 May to October ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Bookcyprus.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Electra Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Electra Holiday Village Hotel Ayia Napa
- Electra Holiday Village Ayia Napa