Went end of August early September an all inclusive holiday, we needed to find hotel that catered well for families and this hotel did just that, the accomodation comprised of studio apartments on two levels so no long flights of stairs and lift trips.
The food was very good breakfast, mid day lunch, afternoon snacks and the evening meals with the choices were excellent.
The rooms were clean and well cleaned every day, access to the main pool was just 30 seconds from most of the rooms.
This hotel has just recently had a water play park built adjacent to the hotel and inclusive to the hotel which was one of the main reasons we decided on this hotel and it didn't fail in expectations, there was no need to travel to the nearest water park at all but be warned the surfaces when wet become VERY slippery more than think they would with water everywhere.
It is close to the sea, I say sea because the beach is made of crushed rock although loungers on the beach area could be rented at 2.50 euros a day.
The loungers were a problem at first around the pool area as usual never enough at peak times however the worst culprits were the Brits who made up the majority of guests, after a lot of moans the hotel implemented a stricter towels on beds system that stopped the overnight/early towels from appearing.
This hotel is located about 1 mile from the town centre so does not suffer from the late night noisy frolics Ayia Napa is known for.
The nightly entertainment is a little poor, the resident chap who puts a lot of effort in ( Anis ) becomes tiresome after a couple of nights, I would recommend all inclusive in Cyprus due to the high cost of food and drink the local served alcohol sprits you need to befriend the waiters to ensure a good measure however the beer at the hotel was Heiniken and served up to midnight.
Did it tick all the boxes then yes I believe it did, would we return Yes we would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SPLASH, ELECTRA HOLIDAY VILLAGE, AYIA NAPAAn attractive holiday village traditionally styled, 1.5 km away from the center of Ayia Napa close to all the restaurants, pubs and shops. OFFICIAL CATEGORY: Class A’ACCOMMODATION:Total number of Apartments: 124 Apartments (62 Studios & 62 One Bedroom) Studio: Open plan lounge with kitchenette, A/C, direct dial telephone, TV with radio channels, oven, kettle, toaster, mini fridge, safe box, bath/shower, balcony or terrace. One bedroom Apartments: One twin bedded room with A/C, direct dial telephone, safe box. Open plan lounge with kitchenette, TV with radio channels, oven, kettle, toaster, mini fridge, bath/shower, balcony or terrace.Superior rooms: Upgraded studios and one bedroom apartments featuring additionally microwave, hairdryer, coffee maker and jacuzzi. RESTAURANT & BARS:Okeanos Restaurant: Our indoor restaurant serving throughout the day a wide variety of international and local specialties with an extended choice of local wines. Also serving daily a rich breakfast buffet.Okeanos Open Air Restaurant: Adjacent to Okeanos Restaurant, serving throughout the summer months a wide variety of international and local specialties. Poseidon Indoor & Outdoor Bar: Enjoy a great variety of exotic cocktails, special coffees and all-time favourite classic drinks in a relaxed atmosphere.LEISURE AND SPORTS:A large outdoor swimming pool, children’s paddle, indoor swimming pool, fitness room, activities pool, sauna, massage.OTHER FACILITIES:Reception, lounge, public rooms, games area, children’s playroom, mini shop and internet corner.ENTERTAINMENT AND ANIMATION: Animation program throughout the day for the whole family, weekly folkloric show and special theme buffet nights.CONFERENCE FACILITIES:Conference facilities for up to 100 people. FEATURESNo of Multi lane slides: 1No of speed slides : 2No of Feature slides: 1( mini side winder)No of Kids slides: 2 with multi level play structureNo of Lazy rivers: 1 with interactive featuresNo of Tube slides: 2( flume type)No of Wave pools: 1Opening hours for the water park: 10h00 to 18h00 May to October ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Bookcyprus.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Electra Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Electra Holiday Village Hotel Ayia Napa
- Electra Holiday Village Ayia Napa