“Beyond Expectations”

Ranked #58 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Beyond Expectations”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Went end of August early September an all inclusive holiday, we needed to find hotel that catered well for families and this hotel did just that, the accomodation comprised of studio apartments on two levels so no long flights of stairs and lift trips.
The food was very good breakfast, mid day lunch, afternoon snacks and the evening meals with the choices were excellent.
The rooms were clean and well cleaned every day, access to the main pool was just 30 seconds from most of the rooms.
This hotel has just recently had a water play park built adjacent to the hotel and inclusive to the hotel which was one of the main reasons we decided on this hotel and it didn't fail in expectations, there was no need to travel to the nearest water park at all but be warned the surfaces when wet become VERY slippery more than think they would with water everywhere.
It is close to the sea, I say sea because the beach is made of crushed rock although loungers on the beach area could be rented at 2.50 euros a day.
The loungers were a problem at first around the pool area as usual never enough at peak times however the worst culprits were the Brits who made up the majority of guests, after a lot of moans the hotel implemented a stricter towels on beds system that stopped the overnight/early towels from appearing.
This hotel is located about 1 mile from the town centre so does not suffer from the late night noisy frolics Ayia Napa is known for.
The nightly entertainment is a little poor, the resident chap who puts a lot of effort in ( Anis ) becomes tiresome after a couple of nights, I would recommend all inclusive in Cyprus due to the high cost of food and drink the local served alcohol sprits you need to befriend the waiters to ensure a good measure however the beer at the hotel was Heiniken and served up to midnight.
Did it tick all the boxes then yes I believe it did, would we return Yes we would.

Room Tip: Away from the stage, front end to the hotel if not you will suffer from the evening entertainment un...
2 Thank Geoff M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2011

we read all the reviews before going and as usual we thought it was fussy people picking at bits and bats.
The appartments,pool and resturant are all in needs of a facelift the rooms are old and tired but clean, the resturant is all inside but besides the breakfast the rest of the food is good quality.
the pool bar is just like a shed with only the basic of drinks and does not open while about 5pm when most people are going backto there appartments.
The waterpark is excellent catering for all ages no problems at all.
The hotel caters for eastern europeans then men were ok but the women are to be honest ignorant, so bare that in mind, also dont bother with the tv its italian,polish,dutch but no english stations besides a disney cartoon channel.
also its supposed to be on nissi beach, thats a lie its about 20 minutes walk.
If your thinking about going here dont expect 4 star its not the only reason they have that rating is because they are beachfront location with a small waterpark the resturant is 3 star and the rooms 2 star.my advice pay a little more and get a lot lot more

Room Tip: if your english dont bother.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank simon t
Staffordshire
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Wow what can I say, we have just arrived home after 2 weeks all inclusive at Electra Village, Nissi Bay. Rooms, bedding mattresses spotless. Service Fantastic, Food all inclusive was amazing never once in 2 weeks did we have a bad meal. Beautiful and well organised. Superb service from everyone. New waterpark brilliant for kids and adults. A credit to all concerned. Had fab holiday. Entertainment very good. My 12 year old daughter didnt want to come home. We can honestly say that we could not fault one thing about Electra Village. It will always remain a special holiday. Easy walking distance to beaches. Went scuba diving after a visit to the Hotel pool from Scuba Steve. An amazing experience and well run worth every penny. Would recommend Electra Village to everyone. Thank you Electra Village for a wonderful holiday you were fabulous.:-)

13 Thank StaffordshireCarol
hertfordshire
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed at the electra holiday village back in 2005 and loved it best time ever so i wanted to go back so we did and took other family members with us, and we had a great time together. I knew the room were still the same basic 1 bed apartments but i dont plan to stay in the room in the day so no problem to me, But i did have Ants on the first full day we woke up went for breakfeast lazed round the pool and went for lunch this is were we first incountered the ANTS my daughter opened her bag(in the resturant) and the bag was full of ants so we just went outside empted the bags and got rid of them so we thought we then went back to our room (no food or drinks or sweets have entered the room at all) my daughter then opened her case to unpacked and the case was full of ANTS so we inspected the room they were crawling all over my other daughters case we pulled the bed out and there they were it was an ANTS marathon i was mad as our apartment was upstairs i would of understood if i was on he ground floor. so a trip to the reception to complain all i got was i will send a cleaner and that was it she did come and sprayed the room now ants are dead .... next day my daughter went back to te room and the bathroom was full of ants they were all round the bath sink up the wall were the tolet roll was it was a joke.. again anoher trip to reception to be told whats the problem i have ants in my office i responded i dont care you dont sleep in your office they sent the clearers back in to re clean the room and spray again this time it worked ant free for the rest of the week .

The hotel itself was ok they are doing and big transformation the waterpark was built ready for this season and the new outdoor stag area to so i think if did return in a couple of years the room would have anew face lift . the food wasnt great when we were there the first time food was excellent we were very spolit and all our holidays since have not lived up to it but now i think they need to scrap the buffett lunch and bring back the alcarte menu as they had before and still advertised they do this we waited for the snack menu every day for lunch as the buffett was horrible evening food was ok. the entertainment was ok but the week we were there is was very hard as a lot of different nationallity to cater for (but firstchoice do state exclusive to uk).

The holiday its self was good and i had a great time . we did the black pearl pirate ship,we hired a car for the day and explored famergusta which if a must do. and went to the beach.

as a pervious review stated no sky sports so we had to go out and watch the football which was a great nite out but when your all inclusive and you have to go out it cost a lot the holiday becomes even dearer..

i have given you a true review on this hotel i am a travel agent and what i have written here i will tell my customers yes i would recommened this hotell as its great for family .

3 Thank hg1Hertfordshire
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Stayed here in August with my Husband Steve and 2 children Holly aged 11 and Sami aged 9.
The hotel was excellent. Rooms basic and quite small but cleaned daily. The pool was fab but sometimes difficult to get a lounger as people tended to leave their towels on for there entire holiday. The food was cooked very well and in abundance even for a fussy veggie like me. The entertainment team Anis Anna and Sandra were brilliant and got everyone involved in the many different activities on offer. All the staff were lovely and friendly from the cleaners to the managers. Our daughter took a particular shine to a bar man named Autarus who was very nice and funny. The hotel is situated right on the beach which was lovely but a little rockie but was only a very short walk to Sandy bay and Nissi beach which are lovely white sandy beaches.
The newly build water park is fantastic and great that it's just for Electra village guests as you never had to wait to get on slides or get a drink at the bar. You felt very safe as always several life guards on duty.
We were expecting to eat out alot and go out to other places for entertainment in day time and evening but didn't as was so lovely in our resort.
Overall this was a great holiday and made even better by all the lovely staff. We left with fantastic memories of a wonderful holiday.

3 Thank steven l
walney
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Just returned from the Electra, can't believe people whinge about this hotel complex, yes the rooms are a bit drab but you don't go on holiday to compare colours of hotel rooms. The service, the food, the pool and entertainment team are all fantastic. The choice of food all day is outstanding, well cooked and well presented. The pool is a good size and cleaned everyday, no eye sting when swimming without goggles. The newly opened waterpark, exclusive to hotel guests, although not massive, kept my kids entertained when ever we went in. The rooms, yes the colours aren't the best, you're there for the sun not the hotel room colour, are cleaned on a daily basis with linen & towels changed every 3 days. bit of a tip, when you check in, you need to put a deposit on the air conditioning remote and TV remote. The entertain team (Annis, Sandra and Anna) work tirelessly throughout the day with the adults (water aerobics, water volley ball and the afternoon battle that is the water polo match) and the kids, then at nighttime with the kids disco, bingo and the nightly show. But be aware you could end up on the stage as part of the act, Annis takes no prisoners, what a great laugh (What's your problem). Finally i'd just like to have a dig at those people who arrive at night, have been there for about 30 mins and then whinge about everything, finally describing the place as a hovel, my advice for you would be to stay at home

4 Thank walneyace
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Booked this on a late (expensive) deal, As usual I refused to read reveiws just looked at the overall rating and plunged in. Then after reading what other holidaymakers had put my heart sank. But to all the knockers of this resort I will simply use Annis's catch phrase "Whats your problem ?".

Booked 1 bed apartment with limited sea view, Got a ground floor in Block 12 with a full view out into the med - just a green lawn to the path. Having read about the ants and cockroaches on here we had more pest control products than sun cream, but needn't have bothered. One simple clear discipline - DO NOT EAT ANYTHING INSIDE YOUR ROOM THAT IS SUGARY, CRUMBLY OR FLAKEY was strictly adherred to by us all. On one unfortunate day we left an open bag of Haribo on the table and 1 hour later it contained sugary ants (some of which I was unfortunate to eat). Block 12 is right next to the stage, video games and outside bar, so its ideal for gettting drinks for you room and close enough for the kids to be making endless trips back and forth for games and colouring books from the stage area. One negative is there appeared to be no "bedtime". At other reserts, video games and pool tables were out of bounds at midnight and often there was staff around who would stop kids messing about after the resort had closed down for the night. However here the video games remain on 24/7 and on two occasions I had to go out to deal with boisterous kids playing pool (and a drunk Russian) at 2.00am. The kids were clearly under 14, which shocked me that parents allowed this. Rooms are tired as stated but so what. The sofa beds were very uncomfortable and as a family of four we had to rotate each night so we got a decent nights sleep every other. Check in was fine and staff were helpful.

I am not the worlds biggest All Inclusive fan and I need to reconsider our position for next year. The food was average at best. Very dull. The advertised theme nights were no-existant. BBQ night did not appear at all, English night was basically a selection of roast meats, Italian night had just Spaghetti Bolognase - the rest I cannot remember what they were as they were basically the same. The gravy seemed to be thinned out to double up as beef soup. The breakfast bacon was possibly the worst I have ever had including trips to Asia. My concern is we spent nearly 200 euros in 7 days eating outside the complex as I seriously could not handle the repetition. So does that make All Inclusive worthwhile ??? - On paper no... but you have to think about drinks. Each to their own on food, I felt let down but the wife didn't so I will not give it a negative, I think they need to shake it up a bit. Maybe when the hotel was busier earlier in the school holidays food was turning over quicker so there was less wheeling out of the previous days food which is I am sure what was happening. Very good service for drinks in the buffet restaurent.

The AI drinks are very difficult to compete with off complex. You will pay 2.50 Euro for same branded Lager at a bar on Nissi Avenue upto 4.00 Euro down the road at Bedrocks Diner, so when we went out to watch the England game - we spent 32 Euro on beers, of which were included back at the hotel had they had football or sky on. However I an always suspicious of AI Drinks and am surprised how much people can consume (including myself) and not be flat out. I like a drink but like everyone have limits, but there was more chance of me floating off into the atmosphere than getting drunk on the AI local drinks. I am not advocating getting drunk at a familly hotel but I would rather have 4 good beers and 10 that are clearly not what it says on the tin. Spirits and cocktails were served in classy plastic pints glasses at the stage area (full pints unless you told the barman to stop). I will understand if the hotel deliberately uses weaker products to reduce the risk of people falling all over with yound kids around.

Annis, Sandra and Anna do a fine job with entertainment. Annis in particular is a life and soul of the complex. I assume they are lacking resources to raise the entertainment bar and had we stayed for two weeks I reckon it would have driven me insane. But for 1 week each night is perfectly watchable and will raise a smile or two. They are very good with the kids. Annis is also an accomplished fire-eater and walks on broken glass, plus also puts on a comedy sketch show. Outside entertainment was a Puppet Show/Ilusionist who was alright, an all girl dancing group who were boring and a singer - Nicky who did extremely well to hold it together as Anna invited some kids to dance on the stage, which took the focus away.

I have left the best till last. What a masterstroke by the hotel group. I assume they had a bit of money to invest in the complex. Sure they could have improved the rooms, brought in better entertainment and put Sky TV on. But no, they built a water park. If anyone has any doubts about what I have put above, push them all to one side - grin and bear them and get yourselve out to Electra Holiday Village. 3 undulating straight slides, 2 twisting slides (one enclosed), a lazy river, a slide which is like a skateboard ramp and a kiddies play area with small slides, swings and climbing stuff. Plus a pool big enough to laze around all day. The complex has its own pool, but despite being told by Annis the hotel was "quiet" the sunbeds were being taken at bedtime the night before. The waterpark is across the road, is exclusive to guests and is locked up. So you can get up at 9.00, have breakfast and saunter across the road for 9.30 and wait for the gates to be opened. Only critisism is there are not enough sun beds in the water park and many people were having to sunbathe on chairs, but the design makes it difficult to allow any more.There is a bar in the waterpark, toilets and showers too. Plus their are at least 6 life guards around.

We do not go back to the same resort or complex twice as a rule, but you never know, If this complex came up on a late deal or something at a competitive price then we will. I will see out of interest if they accept bookings outside of Thomson from the UK because you don't really get anything other than a coach transfer and a welcome meeting and I cannot help thinking that my disappointment at the cost is down to Thomson not the hotel.

4 Thank Mardood