My husband and two sons have just returned from our third holiday at the Electra and are already looking to book to go back again!!
The new water park has made, what was already a great hotel, even better. My sons are 10 and 5 and both of them loved all of the slides, the pool with the wave machine and the lazy river. The lifeguards are all really friendly and helpful, as was Anna at the bar, and the park itself is just so clean and well looked after.
The Electra Hotel itself has everything you would want from a holiday hotel. The rooms have all the facilities you need for your stay and are cleaned by the maids every day. The bedding is changed every couple of days along with the towels. The rooms are a little dated but for the length of time you spend in your room when you are on holiday - who cares!! The cleanliness is the main thing and that couldn't be faulted.
Since our last visit, the restaurant has been altered. There is a larger area for dining tables and outside there is a new bar and seating area. These are both clean and well looked after with all the bar staff and waiters doing a fantastic job. The waiters make a real effort to get to know you - some of them remembered us from previous visits - and the children love this. They get to know what drinks you want to order and remember your room number!!
The food is good with something, really, for everyone. It's evident that the catering staff aim to produce good quality food that's varied and tasty. There are always hot meat dishes, fish, vegetables, pasta, rice etc., along with a huge array of salad dishes. There are also "kids" meals available and a wide range of desserts, fresh fruit etc.
Anis, the main man of the annimation team, once again delivered!! My children love him. He puts everything into his job and does his very best to ensure all guests at the Electra have a great holiday. He never seems to have a day off, he's always happy and cheerful and he is the heart and sole of the Electra Hotel. When we were waiting for our coach to come home and my son was crying his eyes out because he didn't want to leave, Anis came out and gave him a hug, made him feel better and waited and waved us off. He makes you feel special and for children, that's just priceless.
The beach, which is simply a walk down a path way from the Electra, is not the main one in Ayia Napa by any means. But it's fine if the beach is your thing. A walk along the beach path takes you to next beach which is Sandy Bay and this is a lovely sandy beach. Quite a bit further along the path is Nissi Beach.
All in all, we, as a family, love Cyprus and the Electra Hotel. If you are looking for somewhere that is fun, for a great family holiday, I would definitely recommend this place. The weather also in Cyprus is just the best - be prepared for it to be very, very hot if you go in July/August.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SPLASH, ELECTRA HOLIDAY VILLAGE, AYIA NAPAAn attractive holiday village traditionally styled, 1.5 km away from the center of Ayia Napa close to all the restaurants, pubs and shops. OFFICIAL CATEGORY: Class A’ACCOMMODATION:Total number of Apartments: 124 Apartments (62 Studios & 62 One Bedroom) Studio: Open plan lounge with kitchenette, A/C, direct dial telephone, TV with radio channels, oven, kettle, toaster, mini fridge, safe box, bath/shower, balcony or terrace. One bedroom Apartments: One twin bedded room with A/C, direct dial telephone, safe box. Open plan lounge with kitchenette, TV with radio channels, oven, kettle, toaster, mini fridge, bath/shower, balcony or terrace.Superior rooms: Upgraded studios and one bedroom apartments featuring additionally microwave, hairdryer, coffee maker and jacuzzi. RESTAURANT & BARS:Okeanos Restaurant: Our indoor restaurant serving throughout the day a wide variety of international and local specialties with an extended choice of local wines. Also serving daily a rich breakfast buffet.Okeanos Open Air Restaurant: Adjacent to Okeanos Restaurant, serving throughout the summer months a wide variety of international and local specialties. Poseidon Indoor & Outdoor Bar: Enjoy a great variety of exotic cocktails, special coffees and all-time favourite classic drinks in a relaxed atmosphere.LEISURE AND SPORTS:A large outdoor swimming pool, children’s paddle, indoor swimming pool, fitness room, activities pool, sauna, massage.OTHER FACILITIES:Reception, lounge, public rooms, games area, children’s playroom, mini shop and internet corner.ENTERTAINMENT AND ANIMATION: Animation program throughout the day for the whole family, weekly folkloric show and special theme buffet nights.CONFERENCE FACILITIES:Conference facilities for up to 100 people. FEATURESNo of Multi lane slides: 1No of speed slides : 2No of Feature slides: 1( mini side winder)No of Kids slides: 2 with multi level play structureNo of Lazy rivers: 1 with interactive featuresNo of Tube slides: 2( flume type)No of Wave pools: 1Opening hours for the water park: 10h00 to 18h00 May to October ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Electra Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Electra Holiday Village Hotel Ayia Napa
- Electra Holiday Village Ayia Napa