“Holiday******”

Asterias Beach Hotel
Ranked #15 of 103 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel shoud get5 stars cause everything was perfect.we liked it very much.the entertainers made our holiday perfect.the unforgettable aquagym on the beach..thank u aniko...we ll come back im sure!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ocsovai a
There are newer reviews for Asterias Beach Hotel

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Very nice hotel with good location and perfect stuff....we're there for a week but we'll come next year too. The animators were great. Every day was dinner maked in other style (BbQ.italian, mexico,japan, greek)

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank prekop
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed there for only 2 nights. But if I go back I would stay there longer and choose again this hotel.
It has great facilities for a beach hotel: beach, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, leisure areas, free internet everywhere, great and diverse breakfast and very nice staff.
Our bedroom was very modern and had a good balcony towards the sunset.
I recommend it 100%.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank ineswr
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I was just in Cyprus for a short visit and stayed at Asterias for two nights. The hotel continues to impress me and management continues to make significant upgrades to the facility every year. The staff is well trained and the location/beach and food are exceptional.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank nicolaou0710
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had excellent holiday in May in Asterias Beach hotel.
Room was garden view, but you also had a lot of sea view. Excellent bed, so-so choice of tv channels, very good bathroom.
Food was delicious. Breakfast was same every morning, but with so many meals.
Lunch was different in some way every day, and dinner menu changed every night (Greek, BBQ, Oriental, Mexican, etc.). All I can say is delicious.
Rooms were cleaned every day and they did a great job.
But the reason for me to come again is fantastic Makronissos beach. The water, the sand... Beautiful.
Free Wi-Fi is available through all of the hotel and beach. They could increase speed but it is manageable.
One thing that bothered me the most is that they always talked to me in Russian even when I spoked to them first in English. Why would you assume that I am Russian? That was very irritating. But that is not just for the hotel. In Ayia Napa also. I know there are lot of Russians there on holiday, but please not everyone is.
The other thing was that because our flight was in the evening we had to extend our stay for that day because we have a baby, and that was the first thing to ask for at reception when we arrived. They thought it was funny for me to ask that, and they told me to come on the last day. On the last day they told me that we can stay, but we would have to move to the other room. And that is not that easy with baby and all our things.

Beside that I have no other complaints.
Recommended.

Room Tip: Every room from first to last floor has excellent view. Some look at the garden and sea, some at Ayi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Vladimir P
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed myself in asterias beach hotel there were lots of food(breakfast,dinner) good facilities , good service but I have seen that in the pool there is no lifeguard and thats bad.Anw I found the rooms a little bit small for four persons.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank mareosinj
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Well the long overdue review of our stay at the Asterias Beach Hotel in July 2013. We have now stayed at this brilliant hotel 6 times; in 2012 we took a break and went to Egypt what a mistake!!! So coming back to the Asterias this time was an eagerly awaited event as we were aware that there had been some major changes to the hotel facilities.
On arrival it was immediately apparent that a lot of time, effort and thought had been put into modernising the hotel and although we dearly loved the way the hotel had been on our previous visits the changes which had taken place brought the hotel nicely up to date, however the hotel still retained its character and specialness something which has brought my family and I back time after time.
All the communal areas looked very bright, clean and modern with enough stylish furniture, comfortable seating and facilities to relax in. The main interior bar and seating made for a very relaxing environment when it was open in the evenings and where required there was ample seating in the main foyer if you wanted to relax away from the bar area.
The rooms were all fully re-furbished giving them a very bright and spacious feel with modern white furniture and a fantastically comfortable bed, I have never slept so well whilst on an overseas holiday than I have whilst being at the Asterias! The rooms were always extremely clean and tidy......well until we had been in them! With the cleaning staff doing a brilliant job something which I could not ever fault as they work so hard THANK YOU!!!
Now to the fun bits, I love the pool area, it is not the biggest pool ever but it is a really nice pool, never really too overcrowded always very well kept and clean. You will not have to fight for sun loungers in the Asterias as not only is there lots of good quality sun loungers and sun umbrellas but even better, a recent extension to the pool area has allowed for more loungers to be provided, however the “Whoever can put their towel out the earliest competition” improves and become ever more competitive year upon year!
Facilities around the pool are even better now with the restaurant/ poolside bar area having been extended and upgraded allowing you the option to purchase snacks, drinks or food should you not be on an all inclusive package or if you are, ample drinks soft/ alcohol are served in plastic cups for the poolside areas and a selection of hot and cold snacks are available should you feel the need in between meals.
Should you feel the need to venture away from the pool the fantastic thing about the Asterias is that it has the best beach in the area in fact on the island. Only a stone’s throw away from the hotel it takes only minutes few to be on fine white sands and then into the fantastically clear waters of Makronissos Beach.
This beach is busy but there is once again ample sun loungers, however the only one drawback is that you must pay for them unfortunately, but don’t let that ruin your holiday, you will get over it splash out!! The plus side is if you keep to the allocated hotel area Markus and Aniko will endeavour to keep you supplied with liquid refreshments should you need them.
Whilst we stayed at the Asterias we were on an All inclusive package and all I can say is that if anyone can moan about the quality, quantity and selection of food and liquid refreshments available they must be easily bored. I love my food, honestly ask my wife and I don’t think I could have faulted what was available. Each night there is a food theme from around the world and a wonderful selection of starters, salads, main courses, deserts and a fantastic cheese board something for everyone!
Taking all what I have said into consideration the Asterias Beach Hotel is a gem! It is close enough to Ayia Napa if you want to get there but you need to take a bus or taxi, however it is just far enough to be away from the hustle and bustle so you can relax and enjoy your holiday.
Finally I would like to say that the Management and Staff of the Asterias Beach Hotel are what make it special, on each occasion that we have stayed at this hotel we have always felt at home and looked after, but this could not be without the hard work and dedication of these people and we would like to thank all them, however there are some who come to mind that have made it even more memorable and a special thanks to them:
Marinos and Victor – Management, Andri on reservations, Dora – On reception, Chris, Markus, Stellious, Levante and Nicholas on the Hotel Bar and Margarita in the Restaurant.
We all look forward to returning to the Asterias Beach Hotel very soon indeed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family