Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,461 results
All reviews beach bar cocktail bar crystal clear waters garden view wedding planner animation team all inclusive package per day fantastic hotel sun loungers different theme bus stop evening entertainment food was lovely sandwiches plenty of choice kids pool
Selected filters
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had excellent holiday in May in Asterias Beach hotel.
Room was garden view, but you also had a lot of sea view. Excellent bed, so-so choice of tv channels, very good bathroom.
Food was delicious. Breakfast was same every morning, but with so many meals.
Lunch was different in some way every day, and dinner menu changed every night (Greek, BBQ, Oriental, Mexican, etc.). All I can say is delicious.
Rooms were cleaned every day and they did a great job.
But the reason for me to come again is fantastic Makronissos beach. The water, the sand... Beautiful.
Free Wi-Fi is available through all of the hotel and beach. They could increase speed but it is manageable.
One thing that bothered me the most is that they always talked to me in Russian even when I spoked to them first in English. Why would you assume that I am Russian? That was very irritating. But that is not just for the hotel. In Ayia Napa also. I know there are lot of Russians there on holiday, but please not everyone is.
The other thing was that because our flight was in the evening we had to extend our stay for that day because we have a baby, and that was the first thing to ask for at reception when we arrived. They thought it was funny for me to ask that, and they told me to come on the last day. On the last day they told me that we can stay, but we would have to move to the other room. And that is not that easy with baby and all our things.

Beside that I have no other complaints.
Recommended.

Room tip: Every room from first to last floor has excellent view. Some look at the garden and sea, some at Ayia Napa and sea, and some just at sea.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Vladimir P
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed myself in asterias beach hotel there were lots of food(breakfast,dinner) good facilities , good service but I have seen that in the pool there is no lifeguard and thats bad.Anw I found the rooms a little bit small for four persons.

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank mareosinj
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Well the long overdue review of our stay at the Asterias Beach Hotel in July 2013. We have now stayed at this brilliant hotel 6 times; in 2012 we took a break and went to Egypt what a mistake!!! So coming back to the Asterias this time was an eagerly awaited event as we were aware that there had been some major changes to the hotel facilities.
On arrival it was immediately apparent that a lot of time, effort and thought had been put into modernising the hotel and although we dearly loved the way the hotel had been on our previous visits the changes which had taken place brought the hotel nicely up to date, however the hotel still retained its character and specialness something which has brought my family and I back time after time.
All the communal areas looked very bright, clean and modern with enough stylish furniture, comfortable seating and facilities to relax in. The main interior bar and seating made for a very relaxing environment when it was open in the evenings and where required there was ample seating in the main foyer if you wanted to relax away from the bar area.
The rooms were all fully re-furbished giving them a very bright and spacious feel with modern white furniture and a fantastically comfortable bed, I have never slept so well whilst on an overseas holiday than I have whilst being at the Asterias! The rooms were always extremely clean and tidy......well until we had been in them! With the cleaning staff doing a brilliant job something which I could not ever fault as they work so hard THANK YOU!!!
Now to the fun bits, I love the pool area, it is not the biggest pool ever but it is a really nice pool, never really too overcrowded always very well kept and clean. You will not have to fight for sun loungers in the Asterias as not only is there lots of good quality sun loungers and sun umbrellas but even better, a recent extension to the pool area has allowed for more loungers to be provided, however the “Whoever can put their towel out the earliest competition” improves and become ever more competitive year upon year!
Facilities around the pool are even better now with the restaurant/ poolside bar area having been extended and upgraded allowing you the option to purchase snacks, drinks or food should you not be on an all inclusive package or if you are, ample drinks soft/ alcohol are served in plastic cups for the poolside areas and a selection of hot and cold snacks are available should you feel the need in between meals.
Should you feel the need to venture away from the pool the fantastic thing about the Asterias is that it has the best beach in the area in fact on the island. Only a stone’s throw away from the hotel it takes only minutes few to be on fine white sands and then into the fantastically clear waters of Makronissos Beach.
This beach is busy but there is once again ample sun loungers, however the only one drawback is that you must pay for them unfortunately, but don’t let that ruin your holiday, you will get over it splash out!! The plus side is if you keep to the allocated hotel area Markus and Aniko will endeavour to keep you supplied with liquid refreshments should you need them.
Whilst we stayed at the Asterias we were on an All inclusive package and all I can say is that if anyone can moan about the quality, quantity and selection of food and liquid refreshments available they must be easily bored. I love my food, honestly ask my wife and I don’t think I could have faulted what was available. Each night there is a food theme from around the world and a wonderful selection of starters, salads, main courses, deserts and a fantastic cheese board something for everyone!
Taking all what I have said into consideration the Asterias Beach Hotel is a gem! It is close enough to Ayia Napa if you want to get there but you need to take a bus or taxi, however it is just far enough to be away from the hustle and bustle so you can relax and enjoy your holiday.
Finally I would like to say that the Management and Staff of the Asterias Beach Hotel are what make it special, on each occasion that we have stayed at this hotel we have always felt at home and looked after, but this could not be without the hard work and dedication of these people and we would like to thank all them, however there are some who come to mind that have made it even more memorable and a special thanks to them:
Marinos and Victor – Management, Andri on reservations, Dora – On reception, Chris, Markus, Stellious, Levante and Nicholas on the Hotel Bar and Margarita in the Restaurant.
We all look forward to returning to the Asterias Beach Hotel very soon indeed.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank MarkwYorkshire
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Ok, this is not the first time for us at the Asterias Beach,in fact I first stayed there in 1988 when it was much smaller,but it has been in the same family all this time and the same high standards have been maintained.Very few UK travel companies feature this hotel (Jet 2 now have it in their brochure) and the clientele,seems to be mainly from European countries and Russia.(this was in October) The hotel is very clean, the staff very friendly and there are many repeat guests.The beach is one of the best in Cyprus,though the cost of the beds and umbrellas on the beach can mount up.(2.50 euros each as on all public beaches) The many beds around the hotel pools are free. Most guests seem to be All Inclusive and the selection of food is impresive to say the least,but if you want a change, Ayia Napa is only 5 minutes away by taxi.In conclusion,this hotel is well worth considering for a quiet up market family holiday but don"t expect to meet masses of Brits!

Room tip: 2nd and 3rd Floors over looking the sea and Ayia Napa get the sunrise and not the heat from the sun later in the day.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank RichN324
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed at the Asterias Beach Hotel in a junior suite (terrace&jacuzzi) end of october 2013, end of the season for over a week and travaled around a little bit.

To sum up- CYPRUS IN GENERAL is not a good destination right now- you are somehow trapped on an island sourranded by poor people that were robbed by their own government (bank crisis) and from my personal experiance many of this people have no problem to cheat or steal from you after all of this happaned to them...You have to watch out all the time. I didn't feel this way in Spain or Portugal -countries that also surrvived a financial crisis lately

ASTERIAS BEACH HOTEL:

- SAFTY: we found obvious signs of breaking in on the terrace door to our suite! How can the menagement of the hotel not bother to remove this! Does the robbery happen so often that they don't even care anymore? The suites with jacuzzi are on the ground floor. Public parking and public street are just few meters away and a potential thief can easly jump over a hedge about 1 meter high in order to get in. As we arrived it was highly recommanded to us to use a safe in our suite-you have to pay extra for using the safe!

- BEACH: you cannot really enjoy the Macronissis beach because there are planty of empty sun chaires spreaded all over it. Nobody collects them, they stay on the beach all day and night long, even at the end of the season when only about 1/3 or even less of the sun chairs are needed. Sun chairs are mostly damaged or used up. Umbrellas are rusted.

- FOOD: very bad to eatable. Good restaurants and center of Ayia Napa are far away. Taxi to get there 10€ one way. If you are really determined to spend your holiday in this region choose some five stars hotel near to the Nissi Beach. At least there are many different restaurants around. I can recommend Sage with international kitchen and great gourmet food or Limelight Taverna with traditional greek food.

-ALL-INCLUSIVE concept is ridicolous anyway. black tea is included but for green tea you have to pay extra. And so on , and so on. You are better of going to some five stars hotel-probably you get the same price at the end. Using the sun chairs around to the pool area is included but for the sun chairs and umbrellas at the Makronissos beach next to the hotel you have to pay anyway. This is not a private beach of the hotel.

STAFF: Some of the staff was rude and respectless (Elisaveta?). Not only towards the tourist but also to eachother. Some of them acted childisch and unprofessional.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
13  Thank bzu
phadjisotiriou, Owner at Asterias Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you choosing the Asterias Beach Hotel for your end-of-season week in Cyprus.
I personally feel very sorry for your failure to enjoy your time in Cyprus. I must say you do talk absolute drivel when describing your entirely unfounded fears of getting ripped off or mugged. It's the first and probably last time I will read the comment: "You have to watch out all the time" .
The Asterias junior suites are brand new and very popular. I have to assure you that the recent attempted break in was just an attempt and the culprit failed to gain entry but did scratch the balcony door. The replacement sliding Aluminium door was ordered but not yet ready to install in time for your arrival. I apologise for this and the bad impression it gave to you. Here at the Asterias Beach Hotel we take measures to protect our guests property such as double balcony door locks, balcony door intruder alarms, online logging of all front door entry/exit events and high security front door locks complete with lock defenders.
All beaches in Cyprus are regulated by their respective municipalities which license the hiring of sun loungers and umbrellas to private operators. Makronissos beach has approximately 7 operators (including Asterias Beach Hotel) licensed to operate there. It's down to each individual operator when they remove their loungers for the Winter. I would advise you to holiday in the Winter season when the beaches are generally deserted.
It's so difficult for me to know what you mean about the buffets in Asterias. I do understand that each of us has their likes and their dislikes. Why don't you try and be more specific about what you didn't like. It sounds to me like you if you are so particular about food you should have booked to stay on Bed & Breakfast so that you eat wherever you fancy each time and definitely not All Inclusive.
I will look at the charge for green tea for All Inclusive guests. As I explained earlier sun lounger and umbrella hire on all Cyprus beaches is regulated by the local municipalities. The licensed operators are charged an annual fee and are obliged to charge a fixed hire charge. The Asterias Beach Hotel is obliged, under the terms of its license, to charge for the hire of sun loungers and umbrellas on Makronissos beach but not at the pool terrace. This applies to all hotels in Cyprus.
I am proud of the professionalism and hard work done by all our staff. I would welcome any specific details of your entirely unspecific complaint if you would like me to investigate your complaint further.