“Amazing as usual”

Asterias Beach Hotel
Ranked #14 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed August 2, 2013

It was my fourth visit in this hotel and I was satisfied once again. Since my last visit hotel has been redecorated and refurnished and looks perfect. This time I spent four nights here on half board basis. We arrived very late night as we landed in Paphos and I had to drive 180 km. But we were welcomed and got the room in the third floor. The reception desk was polite and helpful in all cases. The meals were very tasty and I felt there as at home. I definitely once again recommend to visit this hotel and I will come again in the next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
phadjisotiriou, Owner at Asterias Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

I am grateful to you for your time to write your complimentary review of the Asterias Beach Hotel.
I am sincerely gratified by your loyalty to this hotel, its staff and management. I am flattered by your compliment about the restyling and improvements we carried out in the last 3 years and I will happily pass on your thanks to our wonderful ladies out our reception desk and our head Chef, Sotiris.
It will give me an enormous pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I spent a whole day in the beautiful Makronissos beach and then I went to the pool bar for a snack. I definitely recommend the chicken kebab. Two skewers of chicken "souvlaki" with refreshing dipping sauce , fresh greek salad and fresh, fried, cypriot potatoes. Everything was tasty and great. I cant wait to go again and enjoy one of the cocktails as well!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SavvasChry

I much obliged to you for writing your lovely review.
A day spent out of the Nicosia Summer heat and cooling off on the beautiful Makronissos is a truly affordable luxury. Check out our website for location details.
Of course all manner of food, drink and ice cream is available to non-residents too. Drop us an email if you want to get copies of menus.
See you down on the beach.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

During our recent family visit to Cyprus we have decided to stay few days at a beach hotel so as to enjoy a bit of sun and the sea After reading few reviews we have decided to book for 4 days at Asterias Beach Hotel at Makronisos. I am pleased to say that we made the right choice
Although we arrived at the hotel at around lunch time and few hours before the official check in time the lady at the reception was not only friendly and efficient but also informed us that our room was going to be ready within 45mins. At that point we had a quick walk around the hotel so as to see where everything was. The first impression was very good as the hotel looked very clean and at good decorative order . The swimming pool looked fantastic and it was only less than a min walk from the beach. We then went back to the reception and got our key. Our room was on the groud floor and it had a double bed plus a bunk bend for the kids which was great for a family . It looked like the rooms were recently decorated and looked fresh. Also towels were provided for the swimming pool and the beach.
We did spend the next 4 days enjoying the hotel and here are my comments
1. Swimming pool is great and always clean. Also there are a lot of sun beds and ombrellas so no need to actually fight for them unless you come very late
2. Breakfast was very good and in par with the best I had with a variatey of selection. I have visited a lot of hotels around the globe in the last number of years with a number of them been considered the best in the world but the BF I have in hotels in Cyprus while it might not have the top presentation is one of the best overall and this was repeated at Asterias Beach hotel
3. Food at the restaurants was very good quality. We were HB so we tried both the Al Carte menu during the day plus the buffet during the night and we were very pleased with both the quality and the options available. There was always something for everybody and the staff ensured even late in the evening that the dish you wanted was still available and hot.
4. The girls at the animation team try their best and work hard to entertain the guests. Well done to them for trying so hard on this difficult task
5. I found the hotel bar good and there was a decent selection of coctails and drinks available which I enjoyed

The bigget asset of the hotel is the staff friendlyness. All staff were very friendly and were always trying to help and accomodate our needs which I think is one of the most important factors for having a good holiday. The hotel in my opinion is a proper 4* one and it does what it says on the tin. It provides good services overall and I would love to come back again and would recomend it to anybody who is looking for a very good 4* hotel at a great location

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Theogeor
phadjisotiriou, Owner at Asterias Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

My sincere gratitude to you for your time to write your review of the Asterias Beach Hotel following your recent short stay.
I am delighted you and your family found everything in this hotel to your liking.
I certainly agree with your comment on how massively friendliness, helpfulness and efficiency ( in hotel employees ) contribute towards a hotel guest's satisfaction. In this respect I welcome your praise of our experienced senior staff( some with many years service in Asterias) as well as our more youthful trainees and gladly undertake to pass it on to them; via all the heads of departments.
I trust your first visit to the Asterias Beach Hotel is the first of many I and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is not a 4 star hotel!, Should be a 3 star maximum!!
Breakfest is very poor, and it was a bit surprised the dinner was disgousting!!
Cheap see fish, wasn't roasted...
Only the see/beach was great place to stay. Beach sand was dirty, with condoms, tampons, etz, never cleaned!!
Sunbeds are uncomfortable, 7,5 euro/ day, 2 beds, one umbrella.
In the mini gift shop was a really mad, stupid, and rude shop assistant, who doesn't speak English or German.
The room was really clean, it was ok. BUT:

The fridge wasn't work, the air con doesn't blowing cold!!
I didn't sleep very well, beacuse outside - Dome beach hotel disco was very noisy every night.
The towels was clean but stinky...

Stuff and cleaning lady were friendly, it was ok.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank diana35a
phadjisotiriou, Owner at Asterias Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SHORT AND COLOURFUL REVIEW.

As a Hungarian, your choice to submit a review in poor English leads me to wonder as to your motive. The sections of your review that I can follow I answer fully below:-

The Asterias Beach Hotel is a long established, recently renovated, enviably located and very popular (with a high proportion of repeat guests) deservedly 4* hotel.

I reject entirely your unspecific criticism of our extensive breakfast and dinner buffets. We offer a wide variety of excellent quality food prepared with good ingredients and imagination. Many other reviews (on this and other websites) support my case.

I have read many other reviews of this hotel but recall none with such venom. Your review doesn’t make sense! Are you saying the beach was great or the sand was dirty and littered with rubbish?

Our beach boy, Marcus, now in his third season working in Asterias does an excellent job of cleaning our beach. You might say he is a perfectionist at his work and he consequently receives much praise from our guests.

The sunbed and beach-umbrella hire rates are set by the Agia Napa municipality at €2.50 incl. per item per day. The use of sunbeds and umbrellas at the pool terrace is of course free for hotel guests.

Did you report to the reception the fault with your fridge or your air condition and what was the outcome? Always report faults with equipment promptly to reception; for quick and effective repairs!

In all the years I have been reading and commenting on reviews of the Asterias Beach Hotel I don’t recall having heard again a complaint about “clean but stinky” towels. I am not aware of any Dome Beach Hotel disco noise and certainly haven’t ever had any complaints about it before yours! Congratulations, yours is the first!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Its was a great experience by the beach and I got to enjoy the newly renovated facilities, it looks amazing! The food is also great, enjoyed all three meals on the more relaxing days where I didn't leave the hotel!

Room Tip: Just be honest about your needs and ask the staff for advice before you book, they are very friendly...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AvniExplorer
phadjisotiriou, Owner at Asterias Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I am very grateful to you for your time writing your review.
I am delighted you felt you could relax and unwind while residing with us.
Our food under head Chef, Sotiris, has improved markedly. I am, however, always interested in others' opinions and ideas, so drop me an email with your specific suggestions for changes.
I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed there with my boyfriend in beginning of July. This is a lovely 4* hotel on the beach, the water is crystal clear and you can relax in the sun. The hotel was recently renovated and it looks like a new hotel. We loved their salmon teriyaki from the a la carte menu. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to record your impressions of your recent stay at the Asterias Beach Hotel.
I am gratified by your kind praise of our lovely beach, clear sea, the interior design and the quality of the finish following the latest renovation and the variety and Quality of the Food.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

i liked this hotel very much. internet was free, room was very clean and white, food was good too. im surprised this hotel is just 4 stars ., for such money i would give it 5 stars, location was great too. i would b back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lexa l
phadjisotiriou, Owner at Asterias Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

I am very grateful for your generous praise in your review of your recent stay in our hotel.
I am delighted you liked the Asterias Beach Hotel and in particular the free everywhere WiFi, your bright and spacious room, the tasty food and the idyllic setting.
I would be honoured to welcome you back soon.