“1st class, A1, hard to find better”

Asterias Beach Hotel
Ranked #13 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
“1st class, A1, hard to find better”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We have just returned from this hotel on an all inclusive basis and could not find any fault at all. The staff were excellent, always smiling and could not do enough for you. The quality and selection of food was wonderful and the restaurant has themed meals each evening that suits all tastes. At breakfast try one of Bobby’s fresh omelettes they're terrific. The Bar staff and waiters/ waitress are very efficient and serve you willingly. The rooms are well equipped, clean and comfortable. Pool / beach towels are provided in your room in addition to bath / hand towels. The hotel is located next to a lovely beach if you can drag yourself away from the pool area that has plenty of sun beds and parasols also if you want there is a large indoor pool. This is truly a Jewel of a hotel and I really should not be telling anyone about it because there will be less room for me when I return.

Tip go all inclusive as meals and drinks quickly add up and are expensive. At the hotel It's approx. 220 euros to upgrade from B & B and approx 140 euros to upgrade from half board per person.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travelghost99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Prague
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed in this hotel in August 2011 having all inclusive programme paid. All the hotel is lovely, clean.I was only surprised with the all inclusive programme saying that icecream is reserved during a day only for kids, and it is available only durin 2 hours during a day ! It is was impossible to ask for a bottle of water to have this in your hotel , so we needed to buy lemonade or mineral water to have it available in our room. I have never seen such " all inclusive service " in any hotel . Then I ask why I paied for all inclusive programme. In this way I would recommend the hotel to improve all inclusive programme service. Also cuisine could offer better chioce.
All the hotel is clean, lovely, modern, comfortable....I strongly recommend guests of this hotel to walk 3-5 minutes to nearby beach called Landa Golden Beach that is even more beautiful than the beach next to this hotel. Also please hire a car to get to know more this island and mainly visit Ayai Thekla Beach - very beautiful one with small church ( romantic and lovely place ) and Kermia Beach / the both are worth snorkelingwith quiet sea, crystalic azure sea.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MirkaPrague
phadjisotiriou, Owner at Asterias Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed staying with us and I have noted your points regarding the All Inclusive Package: in particular the inclusion of bottled water and the ice cream service. I shall be discussing these with the general manager in a forthcoming meeting.
I would welcome your suggestions for greater variety in the cuisine offered.
Our hotel guests are particularly lucky for having a choice of four beaches within a five minute walk. I believe it's a shame to visit a foreign country and not explore a little and you will be handsomely rewarded in our case!
Ayia Thekla beach and church are, as you describe, romantic and not at all busy like many other more central beaches. One can walk there along the coast in approximately 30 minutes and are only two of several attractions in the vicinity. Others include: water park, bronze age burial site, quad biking etc.
I hope to welcome you back with us soon.
Wolverhampton
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Nice hotel view with large swimming pool, clean and neat beach area. Very good quality of food and excellent staff and service. My boyfriend and I like to socialize with locals viz.
Cypriots.
We will return back next year!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
phadjisotiriou, Owner at Asterias Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
I am very grateful for your generous praise.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We haven't ever written a review on this hotel, even though we've been going for the last 9 years and that's because we'd like to keep this hotel a secret and all to ourselves :-) ! ! !
However, that's a little selfish of us so this year we will share our thoughts. Our 9th year of visiting & we loved every minute of our 3 weeks, didn't want to leave & could have stayed for much longer. The hotel has the best staff and management, all willing to make your stay perfect. The hotel renovations this year were great & gave the lobby/bar area a whole new feel to the hotel & we look forward to seeing the other planned renovations due, next year. Great that everything was included in the all inclusive price this year & the food was fab as always....although would be nice to have some new themes. Can't rate this hotel & it's staff enough. Just a great place to holiday! Burns Family July 2011

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Burnsfamily_11
phadjisotiriou, Owner at Asterias Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
I am grateful to you for your kind comments. I am extremely happy you had a lovely time staying with us.
I particularly look forward to reading repeat guests' reviews; yours sure helps make all the hard work and expense feel it was worth it.
Drop me an email, to any of our email addresses, with any new "Dinner Buffet Themes" suggestions you might like to see us try. I should mention here that the Asterias is planning the addition of a speciality restaurant with poolside dinning. Plans aren't finalised yet but changes are afoot!
Looking forward to welcoming you back.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The rooms were great with wonderful views and a lovely buffet breakfast.
The staff were very helpful and friendly.
The hotel is located on one of the nicest beaches in the Island.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
I am grateful to you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
Come back soon.
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We recently visited the Asterias Beach hotel. It was a dream experience. The pool are was lovely, with a full view of the crystalline sea. The beach was at the end of the path and the sea there is clear and beautiful. The food at the hotel was excellent and there was a great variety. The manager of the hotel, George, did everything he could to make our stay the best one we've ever had. All of the staff were friendly and helpful and I was impressed with the cleanliness and friendliness of the place. Now that I've found this hotel, I will be sure to make it my destination every time I am in Cyprus.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank lcn0404
phadjisotiriou, Owner at Asterias Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
I am very much obliged to you for your praise. Please be assured, however, that every one in the Asterias team is aware of the importance of not resting on their laurels. Each and every one is trained to ceaselessly work towards delivering the best possible holiday experience to you!
I look forward to welcoming you back and thank you.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2011

At the Asterias you get a very warm welcome. Everyone is very helpful. Rooms are well maintained,food is excellent and lots to choose from.very good pool area,nice sandy beach and walkways.Very good evening entertainment and excellent cocktails. If you want a nice quiet friendly hotel on the outskirts of busy Aypa Napa then this is for you. I keep returning and still enjoying this very special hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank May1920
phadjisotiriou, Owner at Asterias Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
I am very much obliged to you for your warm praise.
I confess I share your sentiments regarding holiday accomodation: clean, civilised, good food and service, perfectly located right on a beautiful beach, excellent facilities and just enough activities to keep the kids and the hyperactive busy is best! For the night owls the miriad of night clubs and bars are a mere 10 minute taxi ride away.