stayed here and married here in october.
the hotel - really couldnt fault the hotel staff, very efficient and seem to be dedicated. the hotel itself is very beautiful and the entrance is quite grand. though we got stuck in the doors many a times :) all elysees bar is lovely, and they had a few things on each night, but it sort of lacked the atmosphere, but i think due to the time of year, as hotel was close to closing for the year. the terrace just off the bar is very beautiful. the pool is quite massive and was very clean. also they seemed to have lots of lilos and rings etc that previous guests had left behind. thought this was very good. our room was spotless, with staff fighting to get into our room each day. the buffet breakfast was excellant. i cannot fault the amount of food and range to suit all tastes. though i found it took us a few days to get to know the layout etc. the wee fryed egg man was excellant. made me smile every morning. and i even missed him on the only day of our holiday that he wasnt there to cook my eggs to perfection haha. we ordered food to our rooms on quite a few occasions and was certainly worth the money and tasted excellant. we had lunch on the outside terrace which also was very good.
wedding - was very excellant. though i would say dont be late if you are having a bbq. also dont let your speeches run over time. and also be aware that there is no speech master to call the start of speeches. so i would recommend you nominate someone.
seadeck was just perfect. hotel wedding cake tasted excellant. pavilliion couldnt have been laid out any nicer. the wedding co ordinator cheradie done an excellant job. food was lovely, though our bbq burnt due to our speeches lasting forever. not the hotels fault. would recommend the buffet too, tasted really good and both dinner and buffet had a huge amount of food to choose from.
negatives about hotel -
1) childrens play area is very disappointing. needs updated asap.
2) sunloungers and umbrellas also need updating, as starting to look a little washed out.
3) lifts need modernised and have a few safety issues. they dont seem to have a sensor to open the door if you are standing in between the doors. my little girl nearly got seriously hurt as door was just about to close on her head, if it hadnt been for the quick responses of my aunt, i dont know what the outcome would have been.
positives about the hotel -
1) staff so helpful and bend over backwards to help.
2) food is excellant.
3) location is excellant. 15minute walk to aiya napa square. right on the beach.
frequent buses 1 euro, all day 2euro. if you are getting the bus, walk up the hill to get it, rather than down the hill, as the one up hill is closer =]
4) hotel has excellant wedding planner
5) hotel in constant contact and answered every query i had about my wedding.
6) pool is beautiful
7) rooms are lovely and have all the wee things that you need, hairdryer, kettle,cups,tea n coffee, tv (not pay per view as some are)
overall myself and my family where not disappointed with our stay or our wedding and are already planning our next trip
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five-story Holiday Hotel situated on the Mediterranean coast, 45 km from Larnaca Int'l Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Grecian Sands Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecian Sands Ayia Napa
- Hotel Grecian Sands