Pavlo Napa Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,074 results
All reviewsanimation teamannex buildingwater polonissi beachnext yearpool bardiving schoolsandy baygreat holidaybar staffkiller poolcarvery nightthe main hotelevening entertainmentplenty of choicethomas cooklovely beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were in the hotel with my husband at the end of October 2013 and most of our impressions are just the best ones. The room was clean with a balcony and a side sea view, the towels were changed every day. The pool was spotless, but the highlight of our stay was the beach so close to the hotel and so beautiful! Although in October, the sea was transparent and quite warm (24-25 C), great for swimming. We used during the day the sunbeds belonging to the hotel, so that we didn't have to hire them (the price for hire in the beach is quite high). The hotel is not far from the main road, but the rooms are quiet. There are many shops and restaurants in the vicinity, and a bus stop, from where you can travel to many places, including Nicosia. We stayed on a half pension basis and enjoyed the food tremendously. Both the breakfast and the dinner were plentiful, the choice was enormous and we did not miss the lunch at all. If we needed water, beer or snacks, everything was available in the nearby shops and every day a small truck came to the beach to sell fruit and vegetables. There is hard to find any negatives. We missed at least free water with the dinner. In the evening the bar the stupid and noisy programme chased away people who wanted to enjoy a relaxed evening, though it was possible to sit in the hotel hall. The animation team did not do too much for us; we were disappointed that water aerobic was only once. Otherwise everything was fantastic. Special mention deserve the cooks. I remarked once that I would like to taste some Cypriotic specialty and one of the cooks, Mr. Andria Himonas with his friend cooked just for me a special meal called affelia - fabulous pork cubes in wine! You can see the nice and friendly cooks in the attached picture and I want to thank them this way most cordially. Altogether our vacation was wonderful, perhaps the best one ever among thos we spent on the beach.

2  Thank Dorka274707
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Looking through the recent reviews before arriving gives a good expectation so there are no surprises. As most were positive we had very high expectations. There are a few negative aspects but certainly I concur with the many plus points.

Positives first- The staff are so attentive and their English, (German and Russian) is v.good.
Bar- during the busy evening entertainment slot they quickly sus out your drinking preferences and one nod or even before the nod in many cases there is an order on its way. There is a super long list of cocktails available.
Poolside- you never have to wait long for service. I really like being able to get a fresh beach towel every day. 10m from the poolside and you are on the mainly sandy beach. The sea temperature is higher than in the colder pool. Being so close to the beach meant there was a lovely breeze every day-one day a bit too much but when the temp is high 20’s to 30 C this was not a problem. In the toilet area at the pool there are separate shower cubicles so after swimming you can quickly change and my costume dried in the sun in 30mins. The wooden sun loungers looked new, with a thick foam covering that made them so comfy. We came down to the poolside around 9.30am and there were plenty to choose from. If possible look closely as some of the newer covers are 1in thicker and we swapped them about for extra padding!
Housekeeping- Room was spotless, towels changed daily, linen 3 or 4 times in the week.
Reception- Helpful. I wanted balloons for a birthday and they sourced them and got them for me.
Restaurants- The food quality was exceptionally high in the restaurant. Perhaps not the most choices I have seen but the meat and the pasta dishes were fantastic. The outside area overlooking the pool is the place to eat when trying to stay cooler. Lunch in the beachside “cafe” was a hit or a miss to start with until my husband found the mixed grill- If you‘re a meat lover try it and my favourite was the club sandwich, without chips as it’s just too much. There is salad and hot area with pasta, meat, rice and potato dishes but also there is a menu with absolutely everything, (we did feel that some of these dishes were not cooked to the same standard as in the main restaurant.)
Animation Team- In our first week I enjoyed the fun of the water aerobics with Peter. There must have been at least 25 ladies and 1 man! I was delighted that after one try at the pool competition Paul remembered me and next day wishing me good morning by name. They are both lovely.

In the main hotel building there is also a shower room with hairdryer, iron and fan which can be booked for 30mins on last day - saves paying for a late check-out on the room. I suggest book early to get the ideal time before pickup.

Negatives. For those that enjoy a beer be ready for the size of glass/plastic cup poolside, approx 1/3 pint or less if foamy on top! There is a lot of ice in every drink so if you don’t mind just ask for no ice. We did watch closely on the amount of alcohol in each one and sometimes there was a marked difference from waiter service to being served at the bar! (We saw no one in an unfit state.) At peak times it would have been nicer to have a lower air con temp.
Shower room-Great on check out day but if you’re staying and you want to iron something you’ve had it. May I suggest an iron should be available to sign out at reception so it can be taken to your own room or don’t iron on Sundays or Wednesdays afternoon?
Toilets at poolside and main building are down a flight of steps, (there is a lift in hotel building).
Animation team- unfortunately I think as it’s near the end of season are very tired. The main day time activities in our last week were really pool and darts competitions. (Too windy for table tennis, too cold for water polo, not enough interested for anything else.)

Really these minus points were tiny and did not affect our enjoyment. The Pavlo Napa has been the first time where we have considered extending our holiday and I can see why there is such a high number of repeat guests. Upgrades prices available for Half board 18e and for B&B 28e per person per day.

Room Tip: Next time I would ask to be in the main building. No room really overlooks the hotel pool. just as described its off to the side. (Annexe overlooks next doors pool.)
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here with my wife, son and his girlfriend they both 16. The thing that really made our holiday were Peter and Paul the entertainers they were fantastic always on the go looking to make people's holiday special and fun. The location was stunning right on the beach. Breakfast was fab healthy option or British breakfast with back bacon and proper sausage. Lunch menu was choice between 15 dishes ranging from mixed grill swordfish hamburgers or jacket potatoes. Evening buffet was quite small but the quality of food was very good and replenished quickly the car very on a Monday night was excellent the beef was melt in the mouth! Although a little limited in the evening menu for teenagers. We had a stunning pool and sea view the beach was amazing!!! Although we were all inclusive and there was nothing wrong with the food I was recommended by someone I know to try the local tavernas. We went to a typical Cypriot taverna about 250 yards to the left of the hotel called Manga's. I had a plank steak fillet which was fabulous. The bar staff at the hotel were brilliant really looked out for you when you were nearly finishing your drink they would come round to serve you another Dani, Andrea Stavros lots of others really good service. There was a guy that run a franchise by the hotel pool on scuba diving Colin who was really good laugh and spoke to lots of people we will give this a go next time. We will definitely go back to this hotel lots of people do, this was our 1st time to Cyprus and I am glad it was at the Pavlo Napa. So see you next year Peter and Paul the amazing entertainment team and all the other staff and returning guests from Wales with love <3

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Janebbc
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have just returned home having spent 10 nights at the the Pavlo Napa from October 20th - October 30th. This is our third visit to the hotel in the last eight years, and we enjoyed it every bit as much as the other two visits. It was our first visit without our children and we particularly enjoyed spending the time with each other in such a lovely location with fantastic views of the wonderful beach and bay. The staff were very helpful when we needed anything, and they were cheerful and happy - who could ask for more? The hotel was clean and welcoming, the food really was of excellent quality, and we will return there again next October (as they have Olympian Divers based there - see seperate review if you are interested in diving) and our needs were VERY well catered for. This hotel is a very good hotel and is more than deserving of it's rating, it did disappear from the Thomas Cook brochures for a couple of years, but we were VERY pleased to see that it is now back following a re-furb.Anyone who is considering staying at this hotel might like to request that they stay in the main block, as opposed to the annexe, as the views are much better which ever side of the hotel that you are on. Lovely room, lovely view, lovely staff, lovely food, lovely 'all-inclusive' drinks............... such a fantastic holiday!

Room Tip: Anyone who is considering staying at this hotel might like to request that they stay in the main block, as opposed to the annexe, as the views are much better which ever side of the hotel that you are on.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Don't know where the other reviews came from but they are not describing the same hotel we stayed in. Staff were unwelcoming and miserable apart for one or two, not really bothered in helping but the most awful thing is no security at all at the hotel as in the early hours we were awaken by a stranger in our room, who was let in by the night receptionist without being asked his name or ID, he just gave her a room number and she came up with her keys and opened the door to let him in and went away. My husband and I were horrified as the man was Russian speaking and we had been woken from a deep sleep and there was a strange man standing over us in the dark!! We called the thomas cook rep and she called us later that morning and we also later complained to the hotel manager Michalis who did not seem particularly bothered and who basically confirmed they had no security procedures in place as confirmed by his head receptionist Stella. Their attitude was well no one got hurt, but anything could have happened. Also we had other family members staying at the same hotel for a family wedding and my 22 year old niece was in the room next door, plus my mother and the room after that my two elderly aunts, what if this guy went into their rooms I hate to think what could have happened. We found the handling of this situation totally unsatisfactory especially as a wedding party we had spent over 10,000 british pounds to stay at the Pavlo Napa. Another issue was, my cousin had been given a baby cot for her 4 month old baby to sleep in, after their week holiday she was collecting the baby clothes, toys etc from the cot and happened to lift the cot mattress to make sure she had not left anything behind, to find the reverse of the babys mattress was full of mould, stains and there was even dried sick in the corners, babys mum was furious and complained to the reception staff but again, the attitude was one of indifference, it was unfortunate that they were leaving that day but like us she too has put forward an official complaint to Thomas Cook. Finally, when we first arrived at the hotel and our first evening meal we sat next to a tiled pillar that had food stains over it, we mentioned it to the rep but was still there two weeks later, we informed the hotel manager of this and then it was eventually cleaned. There was also dust and other peoples toys found under the beds, in our opinion this is not a 4 star hotel, having stayed at 4 stars before, and we feel that Thomas Cook should not be advertising the Pavlo Napa as a 4 star. We would not stay at this Hotel again and will tell everyone we know about our late night visitor, best you stay somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family