“Great food & Wonderful Entertainment”

Olympic Lagoon Resort
Ranked #5 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Me, my husband & 3 children aged 8,11 & 14 have just returned from an Easter holiday at the Olympic Lagoon Resort and can honestly say we will be returning !! All the staff in reception, cleaners, bar staff, restaurant staff were absolutely lovely, very pleasant could'nt do enough for you. The Entertainment team Sam, Alex, Georgie, Arran, Kaci, Jade, Annie & 'Potatoe' !! were brilliant both at entertaining the kids & adults throughout the day and the absolutely fantastic shows & other entertainment they put on in the evenings, well done guys !!! Also if you have a child that loves football Kenny at kids club deserves a big thanks, he kept our son happy the whole week at the soccer club. All in all a lovely holiday, food was great, rooms were cleaned every day, all-inclusive was well worth it, think we would have spent more if we'd had to go out & buy meals & drinks every night !!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,841)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

On my last day at the olympic lagoon after celebrating my sisters wedding. It's by far the most fun I've had on a holiday, the only flaw I can think of is the evening food as the quality of it was poor a couple of nights. Other than that the staff made us feel like royalty and made sure everything was perfect for us. I will definitely be coming back out hopefully in time to see Sam and the team again as the 'entertainment team' were beyond amazing really feel like I've had some good friends in them, I found myself almost bored on their days off haha! Would recommend to anyone and I spent double my holiday cost as my partner couldn't come though when I arrived that was no longer an issue as it was completely worth it! Thank you to the hotel staff and the kanika all stars... Sad to be leaving!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 15, 2013

A special mention to Sam and the entertainment team. They work so hard to make sure that everybody has a great time, in particular our little ones couldn't get enough of them. They really do deserve every credit and entertained us for the whole 14 days. All staff were also extremely friendly, Natassa at the pool side bar and Ana in the restaurant to name a couple. The reception staff however need to take a lesson from them on customer service. Rhian in kids club seemed to love all the kids although I'm sure that wasn't the case all the time. The kids loved there time in kids club with her.
The pool area again was great and fun for the kids.
My negatives would be the lack of air conditioning which unfortunately was a big negative for me. Our room lovely but got all the afternoon sun so was extremely hot in the evening and over night which meant sleeping was difficult. We did mention this at the time to reception, guest relation lady and even the hotel manager who simply pointed to the fact that he was wearing at jacket and it wasn't that hot. Having travelled from England when it was -2 to Cyprus at 25 + it was hot. Our room although perfect was ground floor and therefore we could not open the doors at night. The air conditioning apparantly does not get switched on until May. That said if you had a room that had the morning sun you would have been fine. We were issued with a fan however that had issues of noise and the feeling of being in a wind tunnel. The other issue with the rooms is the constant banging of doors until late in the evening and also afternoon nap time.
My husband wants me to mention the poor condition of the pool table, broken cues and not being level. This however is used by kids of all ages so kind of expected and I think great that all ages can use it.
That said, we have returned having had a great fun filled holiday. I would definitely recommend a visit although maybe a little over priced.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

One of the best most relaxing holidays I've ever had! A great location with excellent food and service. The rooms are lovely and the family suite we had also had a lovely garden for the kids to play in.
The best part of this holiday is the entertainment staff - the Kanika All Stars were the best entertainers I've ever had on a holiday. Not once did I see any of them wearing anything but a smile during the 14 hour days they put in even when they were being pestered to death by our kids! Always ready to help, chat or have a laugh, they treated us and the kids like royalty and made the holiday the great time that it was. Plenty of activities for adults and kids to enjoy with a great atmosphere created by the entertainers. Sam, Ciarran, Kaci, Azza, Alex, Annie, Georgie, Jade, Kim & Dean - take a bow as you guys are awesome!

Room Tip: Try and get a junior suite with a garden - the rooms with private pools are small!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed April 14, 2013

the olympic lagoon is a great hotel/resort, the kanika all stars put on amazing shows on a night and interacted throughout the day with a wide range of activities on offer. All the food and drinks were to a high standard and the staff were friendly and couldn't be more willing to help.
I would consider having two rooms if you have teenagers because we stayed in a junior suite and all that separated me and my parents were sliding doors and it wasn't very appropriate, but the hotel was very clean, and to a high standard.

Room Tip: Junior Suite alright for families with children not teenagers
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great resort with plenty for all ages. This was our second visit and easily as good as last year. Restaurant excellent with wide choices and friendly staff especially Ivanka who greeted us each morning. Beautiful setting to eat outside on the terrace by the fish pools. Hi to Anna who introduced us to the delicious home baked cookies served every afternoon. The pool bar is a good social area. Activities throughout the day and then the evening entertainment were all excellent led by the wonderfully energetic Sam with his great team Alex, Jade, Georgie, Annie, Arran, Kieran and Kaci. All were brilliant in ensuring everyone had a good time and the evening shows were a good standard. We especially enjoyed the fun lunchtime pool mini disco, pool sports and the evening 'We will rock of ages show'. Teenz club, lazy river, indoor pool, spa and much more make this a great resort but it's the staff who make it even better. Thanks for a great time and we'll defintiely be going back again.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Perfect in every way. Treat like royalty by staff. All food and drinks served to 5* standard. I've never known an all inclusive resort make you feel so individual and special. First class. Will return ASAP. Great for everyone, all ages and tastes. Superb !!

• Stayed: April 2013