“Amazing Hotel - 5*”

Ranked #3 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Walkern, United Kingdom
“Amazing Hotel - 5*”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were completely amazed at what a beautiful and well run hotel the Olympic Lagoon is, the staff are very friendly and more than willing to assist you in any way possible.

We stayed in a ground floor Fisherman's village room which we choose for the adult's only pool & facilities. The rooms were amazing, bathroom had a bath/Jacuzzi along with separate shower which were all extremely clean, we were also pleasantly surprise that pool/beach towels were supplied and changed every day. As we were on the ground floor our sun loungers were outside our patio and we were only a few steps away from the pool, if on the first floor you have a balcony and sun loungers on the other side of the pool (still not far from your room).

The food was out of this world, there was something for everyone (including the fussiest eaters), with four restaurants to choose from there is something to please everyone.

Entertainment was the best we have ever experienced in a hotel, the bar for adults after 9pm was brilliant and the singers in there were amazing especially Sam.

Local bus service which takes 5 minutes to get to Agia Napa and there is a lovely beach just the other side of the road.

We have already booked to go back next year and cannot wait.
If you are thinking about visiting this hotel just book it you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: For couples with no children I would recommend paying that little bit more for the Fisherman's v...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 245JoE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have just returned from a two week stay at the olympic lagoon resort.

Me and my Husband chose th Olympic Lagoon for our wedding as we have been to this hotel many times before and each year it gets better and better.

Our wedding was everything a girl could dream for from the wedding co-ordiantors for Kanika Hotels, to the Helen and the Girls in the Hair Salon.

The wedding co-oridinators were absolutely fantastic and help sort out every little detail to make our wedding so special, from food, drinks, flowers, colours everything was done exceptionally well.

Helen and the Girls in the Salon made me and my bridesmaids feel execeptionally speciall and I have got to say I have never seen anyone put Hair up as quick as Helen did and for it to still look absolutely fantastic. I would recommend Helen and the Girls for any Bride to Be whether you are staying in this hotel or somewhere else on the island these are the girls to go too.

The staff in the Health Spa who did our make-up were also fantastic and did exactly what we asked. I was worried because make-up doesn't tend to stay on me however this did it was brilliant and completely flawless.

The staff at the hotel are always fantastic and go out of their way to ensure that each and every guest is a priority.

Food Fantastic and plenty of choice

Cleaniness - superb they never stopped cleaning

Entertainment - Outstanding one night there was Ravi who came 4th on Britains got talent. The hotel entertainment was brilliant day and night.

Pools - Again these are fantastic if you are in an adults only group there is a specific pool area for you to relax without the hassle of kids, however if your enjoying a family holiday then there is the lagoon pool for familys which has a pirate ship to keep the kids entertained.

Superb Hotel and staff and will definitely continue to holiday at the olympic lagoon and will be celebrating our wedding anniversary every year in this hotel.

Thanks to everyone at the Olympic Lagoon for such a fantastic holiday and more importantly wedding.

One newly happy wife.

Kelly Fellowes

Room Tip: I would always ask for a pool or sea view room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kelly F
sheffield
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Firstly ill apologise as this is going to be a long review, So i'll break it down.

The Hotel
We arrived at the hotel around 11.30pm. The restaurants were closed however they had put on some sandwiches, salad bowls for us incase we were hungry after the long flight. All of our wedding party checked in fine, however myself and husband had not received the free upgrade as promised by Thomas Cook. However, we could not do anything about it at this time and had our meeting with the Thomas Cook wedding coordinator (Helen) and the Olympic Lagoon wedding coordinators (Katie and Jodie) in the morning so we waited until then.
As we spoke with Katie we were able to upgrade to the fishermans village on the day of the wedding no problem. They dealt with this mix up easily and stress free for me. The porters moved all of our belongings on the day of the wedding whilst i was in the salon and it didnt in any way detract from our special day.
The hotel lay out is superb. Everything in just the correct proximaty to everything else. The rooms (having sampled the basic room and the fishermans village) were both fantastic. Our first room in the main hotel was very clean, neat and tidy. Comfy beds and everything worked. The room in the fishermans village was however huge!! This was the best bit of the hotel for us, with big four poster bed and large jacuzzi bath. It was stunning.
The maids were in every day and everything was spotless. Also dont worry about beach towels for the sunbeds as these are free to use fresh everyday at the hotel.
The Pool's were excellent. The childrens pool for all the entertainment as well as the pirate ship went down well with our page boy (aged 5) as well as the best man (aged 25) who would use any excuse to be able to play on the pirate ship :-) Then onto the adults only pool, which even though not far from the childrens pool was tranquil and relaxing. In the fishermans village we had our own pool with waitress service every hour, aswell as cold towels, fresh fruit and cakes been brought around to us. Last but not leat is the Lazy River, this is amazing. Get yourself on a big rubber ring and float around there all day - be careful mind, it is a suntrap.

The Food
The resort hosts the main restaurant, rock n roll diner, captains deck, kiku japaneze. Of which you have to book in for the captains deck andf Kiku..
The food in the main restaurant was the best all inclusive i have ever had. Plentiful, hot and loads of variety throughout our 2 week stay. Could not fault the food one bit.
The rock n roll diner is only open at night, and this is great for a burger if you cant decide what you fancy.
The captains deck is traditional cypriot meze and it was divine!! the food just keeps on coming so after our first visit we made sure we had nothing to eat all day so we could manage to finish it the second time we went.
The Kiku is also absolutely out of this world. Im not one really for trying new foods that im unsure of but just go for it as it was fab,
Also, i am prone to a weak stomach whilst away and i can safely say the food in the resort was fine for me. Which is a first i must add for been away.

The Entertainment

The entertainment staff never seem to sleep! They are there from the crack of dawn to the end of the night. Throughout the day they keep the kiddies entertained and then put on extravagant shows in the evening.
All i will say is as a young couple of 24 and 25 the hour of bingo they played every night from 9 - 10 before the main show started did take its toll.
It seemed they catered for the children with the mini disco then the old un's with the bingo before the show. There is however the cinammon bar which is adults only but the entertainment in there was mainly for older couples.

The Wedding

Well what can i say. We had the best day of our lives. Everything was done perfectly for us. It started with meetings with the wedding coordinators in resort when we arrived and as i had been emailing Katie for months leading upto the wedding, this took up hardly any of our time.
The wedding morning started and we were in the hair salon been made to look beautiful. I ws worried as i have single bonded extensions in and was unsure if the salon would know how to style my hair but this was no worry whatsoever. The hair salon did a fantastic job and myself, 2 bridesmaids and my nan all loved our hair. Then i had my make up done by the beauty consultant and that too was wonderful.
As i mentioned earlier the porters had moved all of our stuff for us into the fishermans village and the wedding coordinators had laid out my dress ready for me. It had been given to them when we first arrived to hang so it wasnt seen in our room.
Helen the Thomas Cook co-ordinator was a god send. She had all the men and guests ready then came up for me, fastened me into my dress and fetched my dad ready for the service.
We had our ceremony in the Aprodhite venue and it was stunning, Simple yet elegant. The service isnt long but this is what we wanted. I have read reviews where people have said the ceremony is not romantic in any sense, but i cried my way through my vows so id say it is,.
After the ceremony we went onto our wedding pics. These are fantastic!! Costa Stuios know what they are doing and they do it well. Our album is amazing, but be warned - even though you think you'll be happy with just the 24 you pick for your album you will want to pay for the disk.
Then we went onto the cocktail reception in the Cinammon terrace. ,This Again was set out beautifully with our cake and decorations put on by the hotel. I would recommed here for the cocktail reception as after the photos in the blazing sun and heat the shaded air conditioned terrace is a god send.
After the cocktail reception we moved onto our reception in the Old Watermill Square,. Here the wedding coordinators had set everything up for us with the table pieces and decorations we had brought from home to add our personal touch. We had a sit down meal in here (although not supposed to) and the food was delicious!! we had also paid 200euros so we could have a private bar set up there all night so we didnt have to keep walking to the main hotel bar.
Steve the bar man we were allocated was marvellous. A proper cockney geeza joining in with all us northerners.
The Watermill Square does have its own sound system set up and we took our own music to have playing through the meal and the party afterwards.
After the first dance we all partied the night away and it was the best day of our lives.

Before the wedding you will go to the town hall to sort all the paperwork out so you dont have to do this on the wedding day.
The morning after the wedding you will recieve a champagne breakfast to your room.

All in all i can say this was the trip of a life time. From the holiday to the staff to the wedding, everything was perfect. We would give anything to be back there now.

If you are thinking of booking your wedding here, go ahead and do it.you will not be dissapointed.

Mr and Mrs Windle. xx

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
15 Thank kat w
doncaster
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I travelled with my Husband and 10 year-old Daughter to the Olympic Lagoon Resort hotel in Nissi Bay to celebrate my 50th birthday. On arrival, we were given a room which overlooked a motorway and what looked like field. I had requested a pool view, as at the end of an evening, we often like to sit on the balcony and take in what's going on with a late night drink. We asked the Receptionist, Eleni (short hair) if we could have another room in view of my celebration. We were promptly given one, not only with a great pool view but also added sea view. Although we did have to pay extra for this, but well worth it. This Lady also gave us a list of Restaurants and listed where they were on a map for my Birthday meal. On arrival, there was Chapagne. Claire, the Housekeeper, made sure everthing was ok for us, and at anytime was always helpful. On my birthday, ~Champagne,fruit and sweets were left for me in my room.

FOOD/DRINK
The food for this 4*+ hotel was excellent - themed evenings every night. Lots of choice, varied all the time and after two weeks we did not grow tired of it. The Japanese Resturant - even if you are not used to Japanese food is well worth trying. We're still not sure about Sushi, but their mains were really nice especially the Duck and Salmon. The Chefs even allowed my Daughter to stand next to them whilst they cooked and flambayed! The lamb in the Captain's deck was very nice.If you miss certain times for meals like breakfast or lunch, there is the option to go into the main restaurant and have a snack or the snack bar offering salads and sandwhiches. The bar staff were excellent and I had the chance to have endless cocktails - great on All inclusive.

ENTERTAINMENT
For my 50th, I wanted something a little more than 'Animation Team' games and performances. the brochure stated that this hotel had Broadway style shows. We were'nt disappointed. The Choreography is well polished and in 2 weeks we only saw one show twice. All the dancers were very good as well as Sam and Ollie(charming guys, good singers too), but we were particulary impressed with Lucy (singer/dancer). This very talanted young lady always made a point after most shows to talk to the audiance and was always helpful and charming - Helena was equally helpful. After the show, the Team jump on the bar and dance, it's amazing how they didn't fall off. The tribute acts were very good as well, especially the Rock Chicks who also were the Abba tribute.

TEENZ CLUB
This club is for 9-17 year-olds, very impressive. Our 10 year-old loved going, I think it gave her a bit of independence instead of being with Mum and Dad all the time. Many thanks to Faye who mostly entertained her. The kid's club team also work v hard and are around to help out at showtime. Our only gripe with the Teenz club was that you had to pay 6 euros per day, quite pricey considering all inclusive.

THE LAZY RIVER
Every hotel should have one of these! Even if you can't swim or want an alternative to swimming, just pick up a specialised rubber ring, sit in it, lay back and let tranquility begin .... 15 minutes floating around this winding river and looking up at palm trees with sun pouring down - just heaven!

WEDDINGS
We were told that they have about 3 weddings per day. Whether you are just there for relaxing or there for a wedding, neither encroach on each other, but if you do want to watch a wedding, for their privacy, just stand back and you can watch. Even floating down the lazy river a wedding procession maybe taking place. Again, it's quite unique and pleasant to observe in a hotel complex. The grounds seem very pleasant for the weddings, but we didn't envy the men especially in suits in very hot weather. However, if I was getting married here, I might have to be content in knowing that I may possibly not be the only bride walking around the grounds at the same time here.

OUT AND ABOUT
Cape Greco (in between Protaras and Ayia Nappa) very pleasant area. One bride, in full wedding dress climbed down into a cave area (those Cyprus brides are everywhere!).
Ayia Nappa - very busy, bars/restaurants/harbour shops - really alive at night. Saw good open air festival in square whilst there. Protaras - Quite a pleasant bay. Limasol - reflects any major city - busy, busy. Nissi Bay (where we stayed) lovely beach, crystal waters - mostly nice under foot to walk into sea. Good for Paragliding as my Daughter and Husband found.

Overall, we were very impressed with this hotel and I hope this review helps in anyway if anyone is thinking of coming here. The Management at this hotel, as I am sure they are, can be very proud of all their hardworking staff who try to help us have a good holiday. We would have given this hotel 5* instead of 4, as it would have been exceptional if it had been on the beach front. We were told that the Sister hotel in Pathos is on the beach, but unfortunately, is for adults only.

Room Tip: Request room facing pool area/sea, not back.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank angela c
olympicpr, Guest Relations Manager at Olympic Lagoon Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed review on your recent stay. We are pleased to provide a refreshing oasis in Ayia Napa and we are delighted you have recognized our efforts for excellent service, outstanding facilities and dining options. We will ensure your comments are passed to the Team with special mentions to Eleni, Claire ( Housekeeping Supervisor), Sam, Lucy, Helena and Faye. We do try to build a culture of continuous communication amongst all our departments and most of all, deliver caring service that is memorable.

Dear Reviewer, we pride ourselves on providing personal, instinctive service and we thank you once again for providing such an inspiring feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next family getaway.

p.s. Just a kind note. Please be advised that our Paphos property “Alexander the Great” will be closed in winter for “transformation to a new era” and will reopen its doors in March 2013 welcoming Families and Couples to its brand new updated facilities.
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We came for my Mother's wedding, to her partner of over 5 years, the reception was amazing! The service was short and sweet. The food was fantastic every single night! Entertainment was amazing! There was so much to do every day, with games such as water volleyball and water polo! There was a pool mini disco every day for children and adults of all ages!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Morgan S
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here with my family (aged between 2 & 82 yrs) on 12th August for 14 Nights and it was amazing. We got married here in the olympic gardens and the day was perfect, & it was so relaxing. The hotel and thomas cook wedding co-ordinators were superb! They arranged everything for us i.e flowers, hair, steaming of dress, reception, cake etc. The photographer was also excellent, he took 1300 pics in total. If you are thinking of getting married here don't hesitate you wont be disappointed I promise!!!
We stayed in a room with our own pool which was gorgeous, I would highly recommend it if your budget stretches that far. Fishermans village was also gorgeous and the Standard rooms were also very nice. All pool and bath towels are provided and you can change them daily. We received a bottle of champagne on ice, basket of fruit and turkish delight on arrival which was a lovely gesture.
The entertainment was fab, Cinnamon Bar was great and after 9 o clock theres no kids allowed inside for those who wanted quiet. The entertainment in here was also fab, Chris Andre (Peters brother) and the drag act, sooo funny and many more.
All the staff were fantastic and were so attentive. Pools were lovely, especially the adult only pool and the lazy river.
The food and drink was also great,choice was excellent. The cocktails were gorgeous. American Dinner was lovely, Milkshakes were sooo nice. The ice cream and the sandwiches in the snack bar were also quite nice as a change instead of the main restaurant when your by the pool.
If your thinking of going just book it, you wont be disappointed, We will definately be going back!!!!

Room Tip: Room vith own pool or fishermans village
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Annamarie T
cheshire
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel every year since 1996 and watched it change considerably over the years. We stayed in may last year following the 2million euro revamp and was there for the official re-opening. We have returned this year for my daughters wedding and the hotel is now probably the best in the area. There is something here for everyone,
It's relaxing, exciting, if you want peace and quiet there is that as well. May 2011 was all new know all the new features are tried and tested it runs like a well oiled machine congratulations to Mr Pericou and all his team. Friendly staff great food, fantastic surroundings.A choice of restraunts,from Japenese to American Diner..Come here and the the staff will be sure to give you a holiday to remember.It is very close to several beaches including Nisi beach.It is a five minute taxi ride to the town centre of Agia Napa you can walk there in about 30 mins if you can stand the heat . We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.Hope to return soon
Steve Moore