“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Room: We originally booked the "Fishermans Village" On arrival, we were informed that the hotel was overbooked and so were "upgraded" to a suite (room 257) Our room was beautiful with 2 balconies overlooking the resort and sea. A lounge and dining area, a huge bedroom, lovely bathroom with jacuzzi bath and shower. It was spotlessly clean. It was great and have no complaints for ourselves but listening to other people around, we felt very guilty because our room was huge and others seemed to have rooms the size of cupboards. We got the feeling that it is definitely "the luck of the draw"

Pools: We travelled as a couple with no children and so spent most of our time around the adults only pool. It was fantastic. No matter what time we went to the pool, we were always able to get a sunbed. The pool was wonderful and warm. (slightly too deep) If you travel with children, the family pool looks fantastic and very lively. Our children would have loved it when they were younger.

Entertainment: Families with children will love it. The entertainment team work incredibly hard and are very professional. The evening shows were very entertaining, with a lot of variety.

General: Because there are sooooo many weddings at the hotel, there are a lot of groups travelling together. This can be a bit daunting because it appears that "everybody knows someone" If you are a couple, you can feel a bit isolated. Some people may like that.

Staff: Valentine deserves a mention. He was great and genuinely seemed to like meeting and talking to people. Bar staff were all very welcoming and good fun. Reception, whilst polite, could try smiling a bit more. They give the impression that they are a little too important.

Weddings: On a personal note, I would not want to get married here. We saw about 4 weddings a day and they looked very impersonal. Brides should be special but after day 2 it felt like they all looked the same. I would not like to be in my wedding dress with someone on a rubber ring floating past me, or have The sounds of kids entertainment blasting out during the speaches.

Location: The beach is a short walk across the road. Great if it's just 2 adults, not sure I would want to lug a family of small children and all the stuff that goes with them though. Getting around was very easy. The bus stop is right outside and the bus comes every 15 minutes at just 1 euro each way, no matter how far you go.

All Inclusive: We have stayed in all inclusive hotels a number of times and this hotel is very similar. It would be better if they had a section of the beach with it's own facilities. I do not drink alcohol and so was disappointed to find that iced coffee had to be paid for.

Food: The food was excellent, especially breakfast.I like my food to be very hot and did find a couple of times that, because the plates are not always warmed properly, by the time you got your food and got back to your table, the food had lost a lot of heat. The Captains Deck was superb and had a lovely atmosphere. Especailly nice to be served food instead of buffet style. It broke up the monotomy.

Overall: We had wonderful week here and would definitey go back. P.S The weather was fantastic, so if the management could guarantee that, it would be appreciated.

3 Thank LyndaM356

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 3, 2012

What an amazing 2 week holiday and wedding!!! This can't be beaten! The staff we dealt with - mrs Elle, Roland, Anna, alexandros, Sally, Katie, Jodie, mark, Jamie, Kenny. All of whom made our stay unbelievable! These people and this holiday won't be forgotten, the place is tremendous, food, pools, entertainment, cleanliness, friendliness all top quality! The single small downside is that there is no cashpoint for 2km. That is it! We will go back for definite. Our lad had his 8th birthday while we were there, mrs Elle arranged balloons, cake and a birthday meal in the American diner for him! The wedding team were amazing and sorted everything that needed sorting! We absolutely love this place and it has a special place in our hearts forever.

3 Thank Darren-Plymouth
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Staff were really good and friendly, hotel was spot on,food excellent. Ok so beach was a little walk away, no problem. The entertainments team were fabulous. Everybody wanted you to have a good time and nothing too much trouble.
As arney would say "I'll be back"

1 Thank Paulhk60
Blyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My Partner and I have just returned from this magnificent hotel last Wednesday the 27th July and both of us have the holiday blues as we yearn to be back.
The food is amazing with plenty of different choices as they have a theme night every day so that you don't get bored with the same fare.
They have 3 other al a carte places to eat which are all excellent. The american diner serves american burgers and hot dogs. The captains deck restaurant which is traditional cyprus meze ( you need a great appetite as there are at least 8 courses). Ther is also the japenese sushi restaurant which was not our favourite but seemed to go down well with lots of guests.
The bar staff were amazing and I must mention Steve and Valenenos in the pool bar who were not only friendly they went out of their way to make your holiday special. But our favourite was Roland in the Terrace bar who was the most fantastic bar person we have ever met on holidays he was not only quick and professional he became a friend not only with us but most of the customers who used this bar, and he always remembered what you were drinking so you were never left without a drink. He told us he was from Hungary and on our last night unfortunately he was off but we met his room mate Valentine who was also from Hungary (he had only just returned to work after 2 weeks off) was also very efficient.
The Entertainment was very good, with lots of different style shows and a rock night as well .The team worked very hard to make the customers happy.
We went right up to Protaras by Bus which was only 1 Euro and also had a trip to Pathos which both looked good places to stay.
We never queued for food or drinks too long and the weather was boiling throughout our stay.
We had a Standard room ,whilst it was on the small side it was nip and clean and had the most comfortable beds I have had anywhere.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone as it would suit most people including families as the kids facilities were excellent and also due to the high number of adult only areas - including a pool this would appeal to those as well.
astly I would also like to thank Ella the Guest relations who was always there to deal with any problems (we did not have any) but at the Managers cocktail party I just happened to mention that my partner liked a cup of tea in the mornings and within 10 minutes of my return to the room the maid had brought us a kettle. Great service!!

We absolutely thought this Hotel was fantastic and i can't reccomend it highly enough - amazing!

Room Tip: The standard rooms are small but very clean. You can upgrade to the fisermans village or the poolsid...
3 Thank Geordie13
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed here with our 2 young girls, I was let down by how small the standard room was it was way to small and we was expected to get up stairs with 2 prams I complained politely and was told I could upgrade the room for 300 euros I upgraded as I thought the standard room would have just ruined our stay that's the only negative point I can make about this hotel.
The staff was great especially the kids entertainment team, food very nice and a decent variety the pool and grounds are brilliant I will be going back again you can't not enjoy yourselves here it's beautiful I came out around 8ish and sometimes 9 and still got 3 beds in decent places I was here between the 10th June and 24th the weather was hot we loved it and plan on getting married here.

4 Thank Leeplatts
North Wales
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just back from a wonderful week at the Olympic Lagoon. We arrived on our first day to a bottle of champagne on ice in our private pool villa - as it was our anniversary.
The food is amazing and plenty of different choices and places to eat!! We tried the amazing american diner and the captains deck restaurant which is traditional cyprus meze as well as the japenese Tepenyaki too and they are all amazing!
The bar staff were amazing and i was quickly addicted to the iced coffees!! Entertainment was fantastic, with Glee style shows and rock night aswell as random Britains got talent acts performing once a week.
we did get out and about by hiring a beach buggy, this was ace. We went right up to Protaras and even further up - to the Famagusta view point - which was heartbreaking to see the ghost town!
We had a superior bungalow with private pool and i have to say this room was amazing!! the pool also had a bulit in jacuzzi, and was daily checked for chemical and cleanliness levels. We hardly moved from our pool during the day - except to eat!!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone as it would suit most people including families as the kids facilities were phenominal and also due to the high number of adult only areas - including a pool this would appeal to those aswell.

We absolutly loved this hotel and i can't reccomend it enough - amazing!

Room Tip: Pick a private pool villa if you can - well worth it!
3 Thank princesshauna
Ebbw Vale, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I came back from olympic Lagoon in Cyprus today, And It was bloody amazing... We went to this resort for my best friends wedding.
Food.... Food was out of this world something for everyone, even the fussy eaters, well I put 7lb on in a fortnight because I couldnt resist the food. so tasty.... but if your not a pig like me, theres plenty of light meals and snacks you can enjoys throughout the day. Resturant staff are wonderful.... nothing to much trouble Anna was one who stood out the most...
Drinks.... Although its a all inclusive resort some cocktails and drinks are not included.. Like ice coffee and mojito, pinacalda just a few i can remember and they can be quite pricey.. But the barmen in the pool bar will make you sooo many different cocktails, they are very friendly and made my stay feel more welcoming Nikos, Steve, Valenteno, Gee were just amazing!!!!!
Pool areas...........always clean and all out door pools are always supervised by a Life Guard....Sun beds can be a nightmare if your not down there earlier...
Everyday for 2 and half hours my children went to kids club, Rhian made my children feel so welcome, They never wanted to leave there.....
Entertainment was fab always something for children to do pool mini discos, table tennis, games quiz's, caberet shows. throughout the day and night. They were all fantastic especially, Ollie, Lucy and Hellena and Rachel.. Well done guys u do a fab job....
Aiya Napa and the beach is not far from the resort for just a euro one way u can catch the bus which comes every 15mins...
weddings......although my friends wedding was beautiful, I wouldnt have my wedding there.. they have 4 weddings a day. and it feels like its one in one out.... not very special.......but the photographer and onsite hairdresser were brilliant.....
Overall i had a amazing week... and so did my children which for me thats all that matters..

Room Tip: get a room with a private pool... bit more expensive but worth it
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family