“Fantastic hotel, will be returning!”

Dome Beach Hotel & Resort
Ranked #17 of 103 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Not sure how there can be so many negative reviews about this hotel. We came here on recommendation from my mum, who is also returning later in the year and like here we are already planning our trip back next April.
Reception staff extremely friendly and available at all times.
Free wifi on AI, better signal than most hotels I have stayed at.
Ben the porter, very helpful and answered any questions we had or pointed us in right direction.
Rooms light and airy and cleaned daily to a very high standard.
No need to rush for sun beds in the morning, there are plenty to choose from and they also have sun beds on the beach.
Beach towels given and can be changed daily.
Wide selection of drinks available on AI.
Buffet food served is absolutely delicious, wide variety and freshly cooked.
3 a la carte restaurants available and we visited all 3. Very good authentic food with the Greek restaurant being our favourite. Definitely will not go hungry with the amount of food served.
A SPECIAL thanks to Andreas the General/Restaurant Manager, the nicest Manager we have met on holiday. At 6 months pregnant, Andreas went out of his way to ensure that any food/desert I was craving was served to me! He continually checked that I was ok and asked if I needed anything.
In addition to Andreas, there were many staff who were exceptionally friendly like Maria (Italian restaurant) unfortunately I do not know the names of the staff but everyone was helpful from the bar staff, reception, restaurant and maids.
I would definitely be coming back with my baby next year and will be recommending to my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank laser78
There are newer reviews for Dome Beach Hotel & Resort

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went to the Dome for the wedding of my son and daughter in law at the start of October. She moved her wedding to another hotel after reading some reviews! If you want to walk past the pool and sunbeds then this is the hotel for you. The drinks are watered down, food was ok but we are not fussy eaters, the dining room and crockery could do with a good clean. The evening entertainment is ridiculous, if you like bingo and the strangest quizzes I have seen even then you have to wait till 10pm.... We went to local bars in the evening and paid for drinks with alcohol in them!
Bathrooms could do with updating. Private beach has free use of sunbeds and umbrellas but the water is very dangerous with rocks and stones, the municipal beach is wonderful with clear water and clean beaches but you will pay for use of beds and umbrellas (5 euros each for the day)
We had items of clothing go missing from our bag of dirty washing so lock stuff away in your suitcase at all times.
I would not return to this hotel and do not think that it is good value for money.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Kerry J
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We returned to the Dome Beach after spending our Honeymoon there last June and what a fantastic reception we got, all members of the hotel team, staff and management couldnt have been more welcoming and accomodating.
We had booked a junior suite with private pool but on arrival we found that we had been upgraded to the presidential suite free of charge and what an amazing suite this was! right on the beach, own pool, sun loungers perfect for myself my husband my Son and my mum, we couldnt have asked for more!
It was lovely to see a few familiar faces around the hotel, Botan our friendly barman was always on hand to serve us cocktails and refreshments and the restaurant staff always provided service with a smile.
Unfortunatley the entertainment wasn't as good as last year however my son still had a boogie at the kids disco and the team did put a lot of effort in to try and put on a good show.
We will definatley return to this hotel soon, a fantastic stay in a beautiful place.

The Baxter Family

Room Tip: Presidential Suite is Fab!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank BevBaxter
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here for 10 days with family for our wedding. Firstly the hotel, staff were very friendly and we were given free upgrade to a suite due to us getting married which was an amazing room. Japanese and Greek restaurants were lovely and waiters couldn't do enough for you.
The only downside to the hotel was the entertainment it was non existent in the evening apart from a game of bingo, it didn't effect us that much with us being a party of 16 but if you are just with your kids it would be hard to keep kids entertained.
Now to the wedding...I can't thank Jenny, Julie and Elaine enough they made the whole day lovely and stress free. We had our wedding at the beach venue and the pictures look amazing. We had the bliss bar to ourselves between the ceremony and meal which was great as all guests could sit together and enjoy themselves. We had the wedding meal on the beach which was great and the food was amazing, and the drinks just kept coming along. Wedding couples are treated like royalty, the day after wedding we had champagne breakfast in our room, and also candlelit dinner on beach where again the food was lovely. We even got a wedding card and gift off the hotel.
I would definitely book this hotel for your wedding as the coordinators make the day.
Everyone has now got the holiday blues at being home!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank ColleenHarvey
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from the 16th-23rd October 2013 on our Honeymoon. We had a room on the 3rd floor looking out onto the Sea and over to the Town of Ayia Napa itself. The rooms were very modern, clean, spacious and well kept. The bathroom was replenished daily and our bed was made daily and changed every 2nd day and clean bath towels every day.

The restaurant was fantastic with a massive selection of food during all 3 main meal times, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then in between their was a good selection of snack food to suit all tastes and palettes.

The drinks were plentiful and you could drink as much as you wanted through out the day up until midnight.

The swimming pool area and pool itself was lovely but very cold. The sea was warmer, The reception area and lounge and cocktail bar areas were also very nice and lovely. Fresh beach towels were available every day. Lovely relaxed area and beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KHTraining
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from 16th-22nd oct13. I have decided to write a review after reading the other reviews on this hotel. I think this hotel is defiantly a 4* not a 3* as other reviews make out, it is in a stunning location that you will find it hard to find in any other hotel it is directly on two beaches. The food I found very nice and a choice with live cooking you also get to go into the 3 restaurants which I thought was very nice and was a nice treat. We stayed in a family room and it was nicely decorated and clean and facing the adult pool. The only thing that I would say let the hotel down was the entertainment there was not much for adults apart from bingo, they need to bring outside entertainment in not just have the reps sing and dance, although they did try to entertain the adults, it wasn't too bad for my kids though they are 5, 3 and 1 and they enjoyed it. They also have a good cocktail menu.

I got married at the hotel and it was an amazing venue on the beach with stunning views and Jenny and Julie was really good and helpful on the day. I did not have my reception at the hotel even though the wedding receptions looked amazing I chose to have mine at the garden of Eden which was amazing for me as I had only a small group. I had my hair done by Angelina in the spa and she is brilliant, my hair was amazing, don't go out to other hairdressers when she is probably better than them its just added stress. Maybe this is a hotel that people would enjoy more staying a week or 10 days because it is a more relaxing hotel.

Room Tip: Garden view family rooms are nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Emhall26
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at the Dome Beach in August and chose this hotel after reading the write up in the Thomas Cook brochure. I feel we have been totally conned. This hotel had not been properly refurbished at all ; more like a lick of paint. The only good points was the picturesque location, the Cypriot barman and the pool area. The food was awful, the all inclusive drinks a joke and the majority of staff needed to learn some proper customer service. It seems the management are charging customers at a 4* plus rate and is only giving 3* value. This is a right rip off and by far the worst hotel we have stayed at in Europe. We have very little faith in Thomas Cook now after this episode and it is a pity there is not more competition between travel companies these days. We will not be returning to this hotel and advise you not to make the same mistake as we did!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family