“judi,r”

Ranked #16 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Flint, United Kingdom
“judi,r”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

went to the dome beach hotel,for my daughters wedding ,what a lovely place to get married in,stacey had hers on the beach,you cant get any better than that,the wedding pics were amazing,as you can see the med breathtaking,overall the dome do a lovely wedding,the hotel and staff are wonderfull,cant do enough for you,the only disapointment is the entertainment at night,which was dismall,also for the older children,there isn't much for them,to do,as the clubs are for younger children,but that is the problem for Thomas cook I think,our room was spotless,the maid was very efficient,would def go back,if the entertainment was better at night,

Room Tip: ask for a good pool view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank judy r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

just returned from the dome beach hotel,me and my family had a great time here.
(12/8/13) the rooms were fine,food was good,staff were very friendly.you have two beaches one you dont have to pay for the sun loungers(not the best beach,but ok)and the other you have to pay for the loungers(very nice beach)if you are like me you can walk for miles all the way into ayia napa (or get a taxi 10 euros 5min drive)if you do go here make sure you walk or get a taxi to nissi beach(one of the best beaches)very busy but lush!!! also i would recommend hiring out an electric scooter 10 euros for 1 hour,great fun,one more thing to do is go on the Aphodite II boat trip all day for 20 euros for adults and 12 euros for children,very chilled out trip...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mjb1971
hartlepool
Reviewed August 11, 2013

just returned from a 7 night stay at the dome beach 24/7/13-31/7/13 our room was 238. our initial reaction to the room was "lovely" then I noticed a hair on the bedspread then more hairs on the floor more trapped round the bottom of the furniture. scuff marks on the floor and dirt on the floor in the bathroom half a toilet roll on the holder and no security tape across the toilet. the maintenance man who came to " mend" the wardrobe door informed housekeeping. a maid came accompanied by, I assume, the housekeeping manager and swept the floor. after the wardrobe door broke again I went to reception and reported the dirty room the cleaners must have visited while we were out because the toilet had disinfectant in the bowl. the first set of sheets on the single bed in the room weren't as nice as the ones changed midweek. I have to admit I am a very fussy person but no one likes to see evidence of the previous occupants of a hotel room so it did have a bad impact on the holiday for me which we had saved up all year for no apology was received it just seemed to be accepted as normal which was puzzling because everything else was excellent the food, the beach, the staff should be proud of themselves for their hardwork done cheerfully and courteously.this was our second visit to the hotel our last being in 2000 so we knew the hotel and couldn't understand how this could happen. the entertainment on a night wasn't wonderful but it suited my five year old granddaughter which pleased my daughter and me. I have holidayed abroad every year for the last 18 years and have never written a review but I do feel better for having done this .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TsokkosCyprus, Guest Relations Manager at Dome Beach Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Please note that our hotel follows all HACCP as well as ISO regulations and is proud to be an environmentally friendly hotel, actively participating in environmental programs. One of our measures in reducing paper at the hotel is not to use any paper signage ("security tape" as you mention) on room toilets. Despite of our participation in various environmental programs we do clean each room with disinfected products prior to arrival. Regarding the wardrobe door, it has been as fixed as soon as you reported it, and the room has been also immediately cleaned once more immediately after you have brought this under our attention. Thank you for your nice comments regarding our food, staff and location as well as the entertainment. We have taken your comments seriously in order to further improve our facilities and services. Looking forward to welcome you again in the future.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at the dome for 2 weeks from the 28th of July. I am actually writing this review whilst waiting for the transfer bus!. I have really enjoyed Our time here, food and drink has been great. I loved the community feel the place has and the staff get to know you a little. In particular I would like to mention Dominic the barman an szabi the waiter who have been very welcoming and their work is faultless. Can I also mention the Thomas cook entertainment team. Charlotte, Otis, hollie an shihini (apologies for the spelling) who have been great made us laugh and worked really hard. Our little boy also loved the kids club, the staff are also excellent there. Overall I would recommend an would love to maybe return one day. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We would like to say a great big thankyou to everyone at the dome for making our wedding and honeymoon so special .
From the moment we arrived everyone went out of there way to make our stay beyond our expectations .our first first planned wedding day didnt happen due to my mum having a fall minutes before cermony i can not thank angela and jennie the wedding team at the dome and julie enough xx they arranged everything for us for the next day and had back up plans if that didnt work out
Mum had to stay in hospital over night angela and Jennie didnt leave my side and they transported us backwards and forwards to the hospital and kept us up to date with what was happening . Everything went to plan the following day I felt so relaxed cause I knew they had everything in hand ,mum came out of hospital and the hotel arranged for a wheelchair for her .I had my hair and makeup done for the second time thankyou angeline so much x our wedding was amazing we had the sea view venue and then the hotel manager george arranged for us to have our reception on the actual beach it was beautiful .I would also like to thank maria who waited on us at our wedding she was so friendly and helpful . I would recomend this hotel to anyone all staff were so friendly and helpful our room and veiw was beautiful, food was amazing in fact I need to diet again now :) and I miss it there so much can't wait to return ,maybe for an anniversary .

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Penny W
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hello!! just wondered if anybody could shed any light on a wedding at the dome beach?. we have shortlisted this hotel as but unless we physically book it nobody seems able to tell us what cost can be incurred once we arrive i.e venue ( is it decorated or not, how much etc), menu/food?, drinks ? would ou recommend a private venue for reception or is there another way? im very anxious as i dont want to get wed then be sat quietley with guests i want some music and a nice atmosphere. also do you only get the reception until a certain time? .. thank you in advance

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TsokkosCyprus, Guest Relations Manager at Dome Beach Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hello there! Please note that we at Tsokkos Hotels, the company that owns the Dome Beach Hotel & Resort have our own wedding team. The person responsible is Ms. Angela Bence and her email is weddings@tsokkos.com. Feel free to have a look on our facebook fanpage "Tsokkos Weddings" as well as our website mycyrpuswed.com. Email all your questions directly to Angela who in turn will reply and send you all relevant information, prices etc.
south wales
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just returned from a 1 week holiday and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute.rooms comfortable and spacious with an amazing sea view.pool area very clean very spacious with 2 pools,1 for the kiddies at one end of the hotel and a large more relaxing one at the other side.we didnt have to get up too early to reserve beds either because there were plenty available throughout the day.a sea front location with access to free beds and parasols to.lovely restaurant with plenty of choices,you wont go hungry here as theres food available all day.the restaurant and bar staff really lovely and friendly and the reception staff were friendly and helpful too.my only moan was the day i was leaving, i wished i had booked to stay longer....definately want to return next year as the dome beach hotel really made our holiday a very enjoyable experience and a big thankyou to all the staff for making our stay a very special holiday.