Where do I start?
The trip from Manchester started bad with the breakdown of the aircraft (Thomas Cook) ended up spending 8 hours waiting at the airport, when we finally arrived at the hotel the facilities were closed, bars close at 12 midnight.
On arrival we did not get the room we paid extra for, reception did not want to know when we approached them. The room it’s self was clean and had a good HVAC system kept cool during the day as long as you put a card in the slot to keep the electricity on. Cleaned each day but were a bit tight on the loo roll so had to keep hiding the remaining roll so to get a new one each day.
Breakfast served between 7-10am, buffet style as one would expect, bacon was fried ham, typical continental style, with English however the fried eggs were runny, beans watery as hell, fruit juice average, cereal were hard as if been there for a hundred years. Toast was OK because you did that yourself.
Lunch, another free for all get up and get it. Ranged from cold salad to hot meal or if you were lucky enough and had two forks etc. at the table you could have both if you were brave enough. A fair choice of food as long as you did not mind sharing with the flies which were all over the serving spoons. Once allocated a table make sure you put a drink or something down otherwise someone else would come along and take it even if you had been allocated it by the waiter.
Evening dinner, just as lunch but a "bit" more to choose from but certainly not any better.
We noticed that people would touch all the plates and pick up bread for cutting without using any kind of cloth so god only knows how clean their hand were.
The hotel is probably a great place if you have kids or like to see them run around all over the hotel even at night when the so called children’s entertainment was finished which brings me to the entertainment......what can I say this was none existent the same TC Reps conducted the evening adult entertainment and should have been locked up for noise pollution when it came to singing, and after we approached the TC Rep we were informed that the three reps were the entertainment all season.
Drinks for the bar although plentiful quality was very bad, even the Carlsberg beer was flat and tasteless, wine was like vinegar and cocktails more like a paint stripper.
Cold water by the bottle was available as long as you have your own bottle which could be filled up at the bars anytime you wish, the only thing was the way it was done, not hygienic at all, the water was filled by using the multi headed drinks dispenser which house the coke etc. and it was put into bottle after bottle for filling without been cleaned when I pointed this out to the reception it went straight over their heads as if they did not understand what I was talking about.
A long and drawn review but a conclusion would be.
• Be first in the dinner hall each meal so at least the flies have not been there too long.
• If you want entertainment on an evening, don’t go to this hotel.
• If you want an adult place away from kids don’t book this hotel. (Could not find the Adult only bar here as advertised)
• Try to get up at 6am to save a sun beds otherwise good luck
• Get used to flat beer and vinegar for wine, paint stripper for cocktails
• Don’t lose your towel card otherwise they will try to take €20 each towel off you
In General I would give this place a 4 out of 10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the relaxing, comfortable, fun packed, unique, luxury and 'happiness included' complete beach resort. Enjoy our leading Premium All Inclusive (PAI) for the most treasured moments! The Dome Beach Hotel and Resort is ideally situated on Makronissos area, west of Ayia Napa, in a quiet setting and extensive well cared exotic landscaped gardens of 40,000 square meters. This unique four star resort hotel lies directly on two natural sandy beaches, one awarded with the blue flag. It is also rested between a peninsula of 19 rock-cut archaeological tombs dated back to 1872. It has a 480 m beach frontage and combines the very best service with the warmth of friendly and attentive Cypriot hospitality. The hotel offers a great choice of five restaurants (Buffet, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Diners) and four bars for unforgettable moments. The ideal choice for both families and couples and also popular for weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Dome Beach Hotel & Resort PAI reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dome Beach Ayia Napa
- Dome Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Hotel Dome Beach