“a wedding trip”
Review of Adams Beach Hotel

Adams Beach Hotel
Ranked #25 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed October 20, 2012

lovely hotel, clean an well priced, bit mental at breakfast time, but worth the wait, beds are very heard! but the rooms are good, clean towels every day, an beach towles also, nice wee walk to beach an water sports, good shop an bar staff lovely, 5 pools an slid, good for familys, but would be hard to keep an eye on toddlers!! loads off things to do during the day. an at nite only E1 on the bus to town,, road buggys for hair near by, for 80E a day, good fun, plus they drive on the same side as us! i would tell a friend to stay here! an the weather was 32", great for the sunbathing!

Room Tip: air con in all bedrooms, we were on the 1st floor facen the side view off the hotel an it was quiet,
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,822)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My Wife and I booked the majority of the holiday through Thomson, and then upgraded to the Deluxe Wing of the hotel via email directly with the hotel reservations team. Although not cheap, it is well worth the money if you are looking for a bit of luxury, and an escape from under 18's (as the wing is adults only). We upgraded to a super deluxe beach front room, and requested a room on the top floor to ensure a good view - and we got it.
The room was luxurious with everything you could ask for, and a balcony that is just huge with great views.
The pool designated to the deluxe wing is a haven from the busy main pool areas that are popular with families - the main pool areas are still very nice though. Friendly staff kept the pool, garden and public areas clean and tidy, and waitresses were constantly on hand to serve drinks to you (but not in your face). The deluxe wing pool was never busy, so no fighting over sun loungers. The private beach however did get quite busy, but providing you get up at a reasonable time you should get sun loungers quite easily. We preferred the private beach to Nissi beach, as Nissi beach seemed crammed with sun beds.
We had breakfast every morning, and there was a huge selection of food - how anyone can complain is beyond me. No queues and friendly staff made it a nice experience.
As we were only on a B&B rate, we had lunch either out, or in the beach front restaurant of the hotel. Initially we thought the beach front restaurant reasonably expensive, however the service was great and portions huge. We ended up sharing a meal most days as they were so big.
We ate out every night, and were delighted to find a huge range of restaurants within walking distance. Atlas Italian restaurant may not look really fancy like a few other restaurants, but the food, service and price is excellent. It is easy to see why it is ranked so highly on Trip Advisor. Yo-Thai was our second favourite restaurant that we found.
A bus stop is opposite the hotel, and for 1 Euro will take you wherever you want. We used this service a lot to get to Ayia Napa when we didn't fancy the 50 minute walk, although the walk was nice, especially in the cooler evenings.
So overall experience was excellent. No problems with staff at all - very helpful and friendly, majority of customers were Russian but don't see why this should be a negative. Extremely glad we upgraded, as we felt we got the 5* holiday we expected.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Deluxe Wing - and ideally go for a super deluxe beach front on a high floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Simon G
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at Adams beach hotel from the 19th Sept to 29th Sept 2012.. Everything about this holiday & hotel was superb.. The staff were really friendly & went out of their way to help us if needed.. All staff were excellent & very professional in the way they went about their jobs & took pride in how they worked, which is a very rare trait in this day & age.. The hotel management were always pro-active & were very interactive with us.. The hotel manager was a really nice & friendly man & always had time to speak to us & made us feel very welcome.. The breakfast was excellent due to the vast amount of variety they offered.. Hotel location was fantastic with its own little beach & just a stones throw from Nissi beach.. I would recommend this hotel to anybody & you can make your own mind up of whether you like it or not.. There are some bad reviews on this site but everybody has their own ideals of how a holiday should be & I would say do not go off the bad reviews because everybody has their own opinion. We would definitely go back to this place & probably will do next year for my friends wedding.. Thank you Adams beach hotel for your hospitality.. Room 208.. Mr J Kinsey & Ms M Milek...Ps the Glass house restaurant is amazing...

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just returned from holiday at the adams beach, and it was just out of this world.
All the staff were very helpfull and polite.
Just to let readers know,if you want to go on any trips l suggest you go in to Ayia Napa to book your trips instead of booking through your travel agent as you save a lot of money doing it this way.I only wish that someone had put this comment before l had booked through Thomsons.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony over looking the view of the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Bob N
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Firstly I think it important for you the readers of this to understand that I never leave reviews but this places has driven me to it. I have just returned today with my partner and 2 year old daughter from a 10 night stay at this hotel. We we’re at a family wedding and decided we wanted to stay in a 5 star hotel whilst attending, we paid just shy of £2500.00 for the holiday on a B & B basis, on arrival it was demanded that I pay 100Euro deposit for a credit facility, I explained this wasn’t required although the receptionist was very demanding..... Now I’ve stayed in a lot of 5 star hotels in my years of travel and never before have I been asked to leave a deposit for a credit facility (maybe this is just me) I was told a separate deposit for the safe would be needed! I was not going to be handing over money within 2 minutes for entering a 5 star hotel for nothing, so spoke with the duty manager and after some irate conversation it was waivered!! Now the hotel is full of Russians and I mean over flowing with them, they do keep themselves t to themselves and are no problem apart form they run over and pull their kids away from yours as soon as they establish eye contact! The breakfasts are 2 star at best and the staff clearly don’t want to be there, I asked 1 of them for a high chair for my daughter and she just walked of, I chased her and asked again and she said they don’t have any, I could see around 4 standing at the side and I pointed these out – she replied get 1 then, so I did and when I was taking 1 a manager screamed at me and told me to leave it where it was, very confused at this point I took it anyway and complained at the reception, which went in 1 ear and out of the other! This was the only time we took advantage of the breakfast! If you do go DO NOT use the pool, its foul, I mean disgustingly foul, the water is salty and with all kinds of rubbish floating in it, thick dirt all over the tiles with scum marks everywhere, that’s not the worst part, the “pool bar pool” floor is in pieces I cut my foot on it, the floor is crumbling, you can pull chunks up!! I told the duty manager about the cut on my foot and his reply was “here I will get a plaster Im busy”. Now if we weren’t there for a wedding I would have checked out and booked another hotel, we decided to split our days on the beach and at our family and friends hotels, Nissi Beach hotel is great staff are amazing, The Nissiana is basic but clean and safe and the best 1 we thought was Electra Viliage, around a 10 minute walk from Nissi Bay but the food is great and I enjoyed the onsite water park more than the kids. My honest opinion is stay clear, the rooms ar gross and very dated, food is 2nd rate, its not safe, the staff are pathetic and the Russians god they love a photo!!!!

Room Tip: Look at any other hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
22  Thank charle m
Reviewed September 29, 2012

since 2006 we have stayed at Adams Beach for totaly 10 weeks, and we are going to retur next year for the 8th time. What more can we say? This hotel fits us and a lot of other people. This year more then ever.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have enjoyed many a holiday here and I must say we were treated extremely well at all times.
After learning the hotel had expanded we were worried that it may be too big and lose some of the personal touches which we had formerly enjoyed. I need not have concerned myself staff were polite and informative towards us as ever.
We did enquire on the first couple of days about more lighting in the room and this was dealt with very promptly.
Special thanks must go to Nicos Sofroniou the rooms division manager who offered us alternative accommodation and showed us a couple of rooms that were available, we decided to stay put, but Nicos said to come back the next morning and see if any other available suites may be free. The next day we went along and he extended his apologies as no other suites were free until a few days time, however a few hours later my husband received a call to say a room in the deluxe wing was free and they were making the room available to us!
We were thrilled to be given the chance to sample the delights of the beautiful new deluxe wing especially as it was the first time we had holidayed at Adams without our family, we could appreciate the quiet and calm of this new wing with its own pool and sunbeds.
All Nicos asked of us that we go along every day to see him so he could be assured we were happy, we were delighted.
I have to say throughout this holiday we witnessed Nicos many a time communicating effectively with holiday makers and trying his best to make sure everyone was happy in there accommodation.
Likewise the reception and concierge staff always had a smile and a lovely greeting for us daily and they were a delight to speak to.
We did find a leak in the new bathroom which my husband made the chief engineer aware of, this was a small design fault and within the hour it was put right and my husband was thanked for pointing this out which led to other suites being checked for the same minor fault.
We tried the new Sushi bar, again we were treated very well and given guidance on sushi which is something we had not tried before, and we knew there would be no better place to try this than at Adams Beach.
The shop has had an extension and it is roomier to walk around, has everything you need from a shop I can recommend the fresh bakery produce. With a wider range of ladies/menswear/sundries we were able to buy all of our gifts from here saving us time and stress.
The Glasshouse Restaurant was a must before we departed and once again we were truly impressed with the service and delights of this fine restaurant with excellent décor and fine quality linen which did not disappoint. Kleanthis and his staff were incredibly attentive and we were made to feel very special indeed.

Breakfast can be very busy and we noticed the difference in the volume of people, but providing you are aware of this, there is no problem. Breakfast is served between 7 – 10am however for a calmer quieter breakfast you should aim go between 7 -9 am after this it gets extremely busy.
All breakfast staff was polite and greeted us with a smile each morning, kitchen staff/Chef’s are constantly checking the food quality and quantity and endeavouring to make sure everything was fully stocked. As always I have to say the breakfast is delicious and something I look forward to everyday with a wide choice of dishes to suit many nationalities.
Although we did not eat in the outside restaurant we were happy to eat an evening meal at the Vitaminas pool bar, food was very good , price’s very acceptable with good service.
We always started our evening in the Valentine Piano bar which although not busy it is especially comfortable with different entertainment, George makes fabulous cocktails and welcomes everyone with a smile and a compliment. George and Costas were a pleasure to talk to with a fine sense of humour; they were attentive at all times.
Adams Beach always strive to make sure we have a happy holiday and there are many staff that work behind the scenes that make our holiday such a success, such as maids/engineers/ pool attendants/towel assisstant/admin staff - that I feel deserve a mention.
I do use the gym regularly and most of the equipment is great although the treadmills are a little dated compared to most modern gym’s however that said they was all in working order, very clean and polite staff.
The Manager plus Adams Beach Management Team went out of their way to greet us during our holiday, help us during our stay and gave us their best wishes when we left.
People always ask us why do you go to the same place? See for yourself why wouldn’t we!!
I conclude by saying that I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and I am already looking at dates for 2013.

Gloria and Frank Bullen