“The most amazing place!”

Helvetia Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 219 Restaurants in Ayia Napa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I went here twice during a week stay! In other words, the food is great! I should specially recommend the "Helvetia chicken" which was delicious!
But what I like most with the place is the staff and their mentality. Extremely polite and with a sense of humour and serviceminded, always offering us a drink/coffee on the house.
If you're in Ayia Napa (or anywhere nearby) - VISIT!

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Here you can go to Switzerland for some great Swiss style food whilst in Cyprus.Lecker!!!

3  Thank Marshall920
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We went there a few times while on holiday mainly because it is away from the loud and crowded shopping/tourist centre of Ayia Napa and the atmosphere in the restaurant makes you want to come back every night. Everybody feels welcome, you are greeted politely on arrival and walked to your table straight away. The music and décor (big fish tank) in ambient style is fantastic – a bit romantic and relaxing, great place to eat after a tiring day on the beach. Restaurant suitable for families with children as well as groups as you can make conversations without having to shout. Everybody will find something they like (fish, pork, beef, lamb and vegetarian dishes + pasta, pizza for those who don’t like to experiment). I had the Moussaka which was the best I've tasted. Whatever you go for the presentation is exceptional – MasterChef class! The prices are average so definitely worth going for a dessert, the cheese cake is amazing! You can enjoy your dinner as long as you want, there is no rush with paying the bill, the restaurant closes with the last customer. Definitely worth recommending.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

We have been going to Ayia Napa for many years but this was the first time we'd tried the Helvetia.

We chose the restaurant because it was a Steak House, and we fancied a proper steak rather than an average one in a bog standard bar/restaurant - we were not disappointed. I requested medium rare and my husband wanted well done - both steaks were cooked to absolute perfection. For the price they charge (about 38 euros for two steak main courses, a bottle of water and two drinks) we thought it was excellent value.

The waiter was extremely friendly and courteous - even though he was being severely tested by some rude Russian men behind us! We were offered a free drink at the end of the meal and it was a proper drink (I had Baileys and my husband had a brandy) rather than a tumbler full of the local stuff.

We will definitely be visiting the Helvetia again when we go back to Ayia Napa in 2012.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

We’ve been to Cyprus many times and to Ayia Napa too. Tried different restaurants but need to say this one is one of the best we’ve dined in and not only in Cyprus. Menu with plenty to choose from, the service attentive and helpful with our meal options, got free drinks with our bill. We were surprised the owner remembered us from the year before and as it was my daughter’s birthday that week she also got her dessert for free. Nice gesture. My wife had chicken ala cream (the best she’s ever tried), my daughter went for calamari (crispy and fresh) and I had pepper steak (good quality meat). We have already booked hol for next year, will be visiting again. Well done!

1  Thank mark n