“A little Gem”

Taverna Napa
Ranked #6 of 209 Restaurants in Ayia Napa
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: ¨We are situated at the north entry of Ayia Napa in an old traditional house built in 1932 since 1976. The first taverna of Ayia Napa. Available inside and outside dinning and a smoking area. Beautiful fireplace for the colder days and vineyard outside. We serve really fresh fish and excellent traditional dishes from the family recepies. All our ingredients are daily fresh and we only use cypriot virgin oil. Homemade desserts and we serve the best paklava.
Famagusta, Cyprus
“A little Gem”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Been a few times, always the same staff and always friendly. Food is excellent and far better after a walk up the little hill.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Tickettyboo

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Nicosia, Cyprus
“excellent meze- and this is coming from a local:)”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Although i come from and live in Cyprus, this was the first time i visited Taverna Napa, because when we look for good meat meze, the truth is we never think of Ayia Napa:) Our expectations were a bit low but from the moment we sat down and we saw how good the service was (plus the fact that it had other locals dining) our expectations started rising. We ordered meat meze for two and a bottle of wine. By the end of our dinner, we were sure we would go back- and we did! If you are in the area, this is definately a very good place for traditional cyprus meat meze!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank chrouNicosia_Cyprus
Fredensborg, Denmark
“Excellent food and fantastic staff”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We were two families on holiday on Cyprus. Tried several restaurants and went to Taverna Napa on our last night. Too bad, we didn't go there earlier.
We felt very welcome and had a great meal. Mushrooms with garlic, saganaki, kleftiko, tavvas etc. - very aromatic and excellent cooked.
The staff is friendly and professional and we'll return any day.

• Visited July 2011
5 Thank Kyvsgaard
Mellieha
“A hidden gem and a culinary delight”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I have eaten at many top restaurants in Cyprus (Nicosia, Limassol, Paphos and Ayia Napa) and this has to be undoubtly one of the best. Certainly the best restaurant I have visited in Ayia Napa. The fact that when we went, the restaurant had a lot of locals eating there already set off high expectations for me.

The restaurant is set in what looks like the oldest building in Ayia Napa. It is a pity I did not ask the owner about the history and detail of the place. I am sure it would have been very interesting.

We chose to eat in the main part of the restaurant - dimly lit with candlelight and decorated with old Cypriot culinary tools. The highlight of the ambiance is the wall graffity. Thousands of inscriptions from satisfied customers on the old unpainted walls give this restaurant a unique, but elegantly charming character.

Service was attentive and friendly.

We were a family of four. My better half and myself chose the traditional Meat Meze. The quality of every dish we tried was out of this world. Succulent, flavourfull, coocked to perfection. Simply the best meat meze I have ever tasted in Cyprus. The meze is huge and we ended up stuffed to the gills. Why this restaurant has not already been featured on Trip Advisor is still amusing for me. This is Too good not to write about.

As for our kids. We were somewhat hesitant as we did not see typical kids fare on the menu. The waiter suggested they share one of the main courses and suggested the mixed grill. We accepted the offer. The portion was huge and my kids (10yr and 9yr olds) who were claiming not to be hungry before the meal, simply devoured it. I have rarely seen them eat so much in one sitting. I was impressed.

By the end of the meal we were so full that we couldnt manage dessert. The owner was so nice to give us a complementary branded drink to round off the meal. A nice touch that was appreciated.

As for value for money. I have one word. Amazing!

As for the kids, we were a bit hesitant on what to order

• Visited April 2011