“Better than sea or anything else in Agia Napa:)”
other travelers have booked this property
Nissi Elena Court at Sunrise Blue Sea From One of the Beaches
Table For Four With Newly Recovered Chairs
Sofa
Cool Parking Under Our Building
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
danemutd
LEEDS
“BE CAREFUL OF EXTRA HIDDEN COSTS!!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

Pickup from airport 60 Euros – a local taxi is only 45 Euros
Check out is at 10am and as there is no communal reception area on the complex the owner will very kindly offer her apartment at an extra cost of 85 Euros even if it is only for a few hours and when you decline this inflated cost it will be offered again at 60 Euros. Or you could just go sit in a local bar/restaurant and enjoy a nice meal.
Electric will be charged extra if you go over an allocated amount, we were not informed of this beforehand, neither was it mentioned in our terms and conditions. We were not shown a meter on arrival and neither did we have a metre to monitor what was being used during our stay. On our departure date we were shown a metre start read in a note book and told that we had gone over our allowance. Obviously we did use the air-conditioning when it became uncomfortably hot but we were accused of constantly resetting the air-conditioning, which was not true. The owner attempted to charge us 113 Euros for the overuse of electric which is quite staggering considering we were not in the apartment during the day. As the electric was not mentioned in our terms and conditions we refused to pay this extra cost and we were at the point of seeking legal advice to have our security deposit refunded. The owners agent in Cyprus informed us that the terms and conditions have now been amended and as you are asked to pay £300 security deposit, we would suspect that the owner will simply deduct any electric costs from this amount before returning your deposit.
In an attempt to get the money for the alleged overuse of electric the owner tried to charge 30 Euros for the cleaning of the apartment, which she claimed took 6 hours instead of the allocated allowance of 4 hours, however as we returned to the apartment 4 hours after checkout for our lift back to the airport from her agent who had by this time finished and prepared the apartment for the next guests this extra cost was withdrawn. . We were accused of leaving the apartment in a bad condition, this was simply not true and the apartment was treated by my family and I with the upmost respect at all times. We were charged 20 Euros to replace a bed sheet that we had got makeup on, this we did not deny and the money was deducted from our deposit
There is no doubt that the apartment is as described with home from home comforts and I suspect that the owner will reply to my comments, but the fact is I am not reviewing the apartment I am reviewing my experience with the owner and after booking privately owned apartments for more than 10 years, I have never come across anybody as unprofessional as the owner of this apartment.

Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Sep 3, 2014
I have been letting holiday properties for the past ten years, dealing with hundreds of enquiries per year and have about 50 or so bookings per year. During this time I have only had 3 complaints, including this good lady’s. So, a 99.9 % success, as nearly everybody who books are nice, reasonable people. However I failed to sense the trouble ahead here!
I strongly object to her questioning the integrity of myself and my agent, and consider her remarks bordering on being of a defamatory nature, and something that could be taken further legally. However, I decided not to go down this road, as I am a thoroughly professional person, who relies on those using my apartment and services to do so in a ‘reasonable’ manner and not abuse it.
Taxi vs our agent pick-up service. Yes, a taxi ‘only’ cost €45 but they expect to have a largish tip as my last taxi experience confirmed. So, guests end up paying much the same amount of money without having any extra services. We offer a service where our agent meets them when they leave the baggage hall, whatever the hour, helps with their luggage, takes them to our apartment, helps again with the luggage and settles them in. The taxi rank is not directly opposite when leaving the airport and you need to push your luggage up a slope, not something that many wish to do, especially at night if you have children with you. We will continue to provide this service as our guest feed-back shows that this is a most welcome service. In any case, the choice of transport is for the guests to decide.
Check out situation: We are a resort and not a hotel, hence our charges are very reasonable compared to the hotels in this area, but as in any hotel, one needs to pay for extra time, which is counted not hourly but on the basis that the apartment cannot be let out on that night as my agent needs at least 6 notice for a change over.
€85 was the published daily price, and again, I tried to please the good lady offering it to her for € 60, but she had already made her mind up not to be pleasant and accused me of ‘pushing’ this on to her. It is important to mention that the temperature is about 36C at this time of the year and I was worried that they would be really uncomfortable staying out all day in the hot sun, which I am sure they were! When they came to depart, my very good agent offered to store their luggage, which she accepted without so much as a word of thanks.
Electricity meter situation: When I started out in this business I did not have any Terms & Conditions, as people used to be so nice and sensible. However, I was advised that I should introduce an electricity allowance to guard against guests who might abuse my good will. Unfortunately, this lady signed the contract in March and our new T&C with stated utility usage allowances was introduced after that.
However, I still fail to understand how anybody could use a staggering 494 Kw of electricity during a 14 day stay. By comparison, in the previous weeks a party of four only used 130 Kw for a 20 day stay. My agent was so aghast at the meter reading that she asked her husband to re-check the reading, but it was correct. The allowance we now set is 70 Kw which works for most guest. Electricity in Cyprus is the third most expensive in Europe and in this case the good lady made me pay her electricity € 113 electricity cost.
Again, I repeat, I do rely on the guest’s common sense and decency, and this is the very first time I have had this problem. As it was not in our T&C I kindly asked her to contribute towards the cost, which she flatly refused to do. My maintenance manager has told me that to use this amount of electricity, the A.C. units must have been running almost non-stop and have required the timers to be constantly reset as the units have time limits and stop after a while.
Cleaning situation. My agent reported that the apartment was left in a very dirty state and she needed to work doubly hard to turn it around. She also reported that both mother and daughter obviously went to bed without removing their make-up as two bed sheets were damaged, one of which had to be replaced. It is not only the time spent on the cleaning, but the intensity of the work which has to be taken into consideration. At the end I was so fed-up with the situation I did not charge for the extra effort my good agent put it.
The good lady did indeed send me an e-mail threatening to take legal action unless her Security Deposit was returned. This was both rude and unnecessary as in all my years of letting, I have never failed to return a deposit within the 10 days set out in my T&C’s. In fact her deposit was returned within 5 days minus a charge for the ruined sheet, which the good lady conveniently forgot to admit too.
Unprofessional, I certainly am not, hence I have 5 star ratings for the individual attention and extra services that I offer to our mostly lovely guests. I cannot help feeling from the tone of this review that there is more than an element of vindictiveness at play here!
Zlatovlas...
Kiev, Ukraine
“Better than sea or anything else in Agia Napa:)”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We (4 adults and a 7-month old baby) spent three weeks in Eva's Nissi Elena Beach apartment in June-July 2014 and wished we had booked the apt even for a longer term. The apartment is very spacious, stylish, clean and provides all you need for a comfortable relaxing vacation.

The kitchen corner is large, equipped with a fridge with a freezer, electric hob, oven, washing machine, microwave oven, tea pot and a toaster. We had to cook baby's food so Carolyn, Eva's agent, kindly supplied us with a blender, too. You get all utensils necessary for cooking as well as a pretty wide variety of plates, glasses, wine glasses, etc. (though in the quantity of 4 of each type, exactly as you need if living in a company of 4 adults).

The living room and the whole apartment in general have many different furniture and wardrobes with a lot of storage room so we were able to distribute all our staff just as at home.

The terrace is gorgeous! It is so large, well-shaded from direct sunlight, equipped with pretty large round table, 4 arm-chairs and 2 sun beds. Actually, we have spent most of our vacation on this terrace as it was perfect for dining, napping, weaning baby, working, etc.

Though each room of the apartment is equipped with a separate air-conditioner, we have used it only a couple of times and just because there was a baby with us. The location of the apartment on the 2nd floor and in the corner of the building with windows on three sides is very convenient for ventilation. You just open windows and enjoy the fresh air thanks to almost constant warm sea wind.

It was highly important for my husband to stay online with a high speed internet and Eva was very pleasant to organize a special router for us (paid additionally) which increased the internet speed considerably. The only disappointment was that though there is a wifi internet in the apartment, you have to pay for each device connected to the network separately, approximately 10 Euro per week of unlimited data usage by one device.

In general, we considered our apartment as the best in the whole Nissi Elena complex from the point of location, apartment design and maintenance. You get very good sea view, you almost do not see any neighbors so you get privacy, you can see the swimming pool but noise of people having fun in the pool doesn't bother you.

The complex is very conveniently located in a quiet zone while still very close to shops, restaurants, the Nissi beach, ATMs, the bus stops, etc. Surprisingly, while so quiet during the daytime it was quite noisy during the night time because of huge acoustics of this part of Agia Napa and young people renting apartments within the complex. During the night time we were constantly listening to some street racing (very loud car sounds) somewhere on the main road, laughing and jumping in the swimming pool in the villas (again, on the main road) and talking, singing and laughing of people on the terraces of other apartments. Once we even had to go to two apartments and asked tenants to obey to the complex rule of quiet hour after 11 pm.

At the same time, we are sure that noise which we got in Eva's Nissi Elena Beach apartment is nothing in comparison to what can be heard from the apartments and hotels closer to the main street and the downtown of Agia Napa.

A special thanks to Eva for her excellent organisational skills and efficiency. Also, a separate great thanks to Carolyn and Douglas, Eva's agents. Carolyn took care about us during all three weeks and that was just what we needed during our stay.

We will definitely recommend this apartment to our friends and plan to stay there again during our next trip to Cyprus in a couple of months.

Liked best: Terrace
Liked least: Internet paid per device
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Jul 11, 2014
What a nice review and many thanks to our guests for staying with us, so glad they had a good time and plan to stay with us again soon!
We were particularly delighted that they thought that the our large terrace is gorgeous, we spend most of our time there as well.
Like these guests we seldom use the air conditioning because as they said " you just open the windows and enjoy the fresh warm sea wind"
Together with our wonderful agents Carolyn and Douglas we do our very best to ensure that you will have a great time staying with us, and go that bit further to help from the first enquiry through to the day of departure. Rewarding to hear that "you considered our apartment to be the best in the whole Nisi Elena complex"
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
cl1971
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment in a peaceful setting.”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

We spent a week here which was just not long enough. Eva's efficiency and organisation beforehand was excellent and made me confident I had a made the right choice even before we arrived. Carolyn and Douglas met us at the airport and were really friendly and helpful. The apartment is clean, spacious and had all we needed. It is in such a beautiful and peaceful location, which was ideal for us but within walking distance of the main attractions. The beaches were gorgeous and the sea crystal clear. Can't wait to return! Thank you Eva for making this apartment available.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Apr 14, 2014
Many thanks for your wonderful review, getting our new season off to a great start!
We are so glad that you had a great holiday. It certainly is a lovely time to visit and we were especially pleased to have your positive feed-back about our agents Carolyn & Douglas, who are there to ensure that everything is what you wish for.
As you have noted, we try very hard to ensure that you feel positive about booking with us, as we want to ensure that you have a memorable holiday from the moment you arrive in Cyprus.
Many of our guests have commented about the apartment location, close to the fabulous beach and the action if you want it, but far enough away to be quiet and tranquil. This is very important in this area of Cyprus.
We look forward to welcoming you back in October this year. Eva
673Val131...
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Apartment”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Excellent Apartment, lots of space, everything we needed was there. Lovely swimming pool with private showers and toilet facilities at the pool. Near to Nissi Beach, shops and restaurants. Only 8 euros in a taxi to the centre of Aiya Napa. We found excellent drivers who would pick us up in the evening from the apartment and take us into town and never over charged.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Size of the apartment and terrace, well equiped and plenty of wardrobe space,
Liked least: The road to the apartment wasn't very well lit, best to go to/from by taxi at night, but during day could take a short cut to the main road from the swimming pool area which was good.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Nov 4, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and saying how nice it was to stay there. Yes, we have a large pool and our apartment is very spacious. The location is perfect as you say, and easy to get around. in our opinion, the cost is one of our unique services, as you would need to pay three times as much for a hotel room across the street. Thank you again for your kind words
Davenport...
London, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday - Lovely Apartment”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We normally stay in hotels either half board or all inclusive and this year decided to rent an apartment as our children are a bit older and tend not to participate in the kids clubs.

Booking the apartment was straight forward. Eva is so organised and was very responsive to all our requests. Her agents in Cyprus, Douglas and Carolyn were lovely and extremely helpful. Nothing was too much for them.

The apartment is outstanding and very spacious. The balcony is huge with great views of the sea. You get the sun on the balcony in the morning. Both bedrooms are spacious with good storage for clothes. The kitchen is well equipped and the washing machine was very helpful which means that you don't need to bring too many clothes. The satelite TV was good. There were a few English speaking channels and a good movie channel.

The pool is popular and tended to get busy in the afternoon. Eva has 2 sun beds which means that you should always get a seat by the pool.

The walk to Nissi beach is just 10 mins away. It's a lovely beach. The sea is clear and you can walk out quite a long way out and the water is still only up to your waist.

We explored a number of restaurants in Ayia Napa and a few more local to the apartment. Surprisingly, the local restaurants were lovely and we agreed as a family were the best. We can recommend a few that we tried; Garden Restaurant, Asador and Atlas. In Ayia Napa town, we loved the Golden Arrow.

We hired a car for a few days and drove to Nicosia, Larnaca, Limissol and the Troodos mountains. It was amazing and each very different. If you want to go across to the Turkish side of the island in Nicosia, remember your passport!We drove around the Ayia Napa area; Paralimni, Protaras and Pernera - There are some amazing local beaches to explore. Cape Greco is amazing!

The weather was superb. Every day it was hot, hot, hot. Nicosia was 40C+

Overall a very enjoyable and comfortable holiday. We would stay at Eva's apartment again and highly recommend it.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The size and location of the property
Liked least: Can't think of anything specific
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Aug 13, 2013
Wow, what a fantastic review! Thank you so much as I do my very best to ensure that my guests have a great time. We believe that we offer very good value for money compared with other holiday homes in the area.
This combined with our superb newly found agents, Carolyn and Douglas, makes our apartment an outstanding holiday home.
We are not an online booking service like many, but offer individual attention to all of our guests, including offering to help find the best exchange rates.
Looking forward to welcoming you back!
Love
Murmansk, Russia
Reviewed August 4, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Traveling group: Young Children
Families with young children
Aug 11, 2013
Many thanks for your great review
It is so nice to be appreciated our hard work
Our agents Carolyn and Dougie are doing a great job
We look forward to welcome you back and yes we also love our fabulous spacious terrace and apartment
We only wish we could spend more time in it
Love Eva and Jerry xx
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed July 9, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: appartment, agents, location, beach, city and people
Liked least: no such thinhs
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Jul 10, 2013
Oh, Natalie! I am speechless and most humbled for your review!

I have been doing this business for ten years, but NOONE has been as appreciative as you Ladies were!

As you have described our apartment so well, I do not feel I need to repeat it all again.

I say the same thing in my introductory letter as you did regarding the lovely breeze coming from the sea and describing our spacious and well equipped apartment, but it is much better that it is coming from you!!

I always try to give my very best as it is very important that my Guests have an unforgettable holiday.

You and I exchanged many emails.

This is part of my services. I provide free help and advise from the moment somebody is booked with us.

It seems that we had a good team work and my new agents, Carolyn and Douglas did us proud!

It will be lovely to welcome you back next year and we will try to be as good as this year!

We will be very happy to serve your friends and family, should they wish to holiday with us.

Just ask them to book in good time as you did, as most of our bookings happened very early, back in February!

Sending you my best wishes and thank you again for your wonderful review.

Eva
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing