“good day sunshine”

Ranked #75 of 107 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“good day sunshine”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife & I stayed for a week & loved our stay,the staff are very helpful & polite,the room was great,cleaned every day & modern,fantastic balconies, the only downside was the lack of an oven and an ironing board, the pool was great & views spectacular.we we're quite close to the main street full of pubs & clubs but never heard a thing all in all a great place to stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank simon p

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Tarpa,Hungary
Reviewed September 27, 2013

A very run-down hotel, poor Bulgarian crew. The owner should be renewed on the property.The pool was dirty! One night I almost got robbed us.
Despite the low cost of hotels can not recommend to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here during July 2013 for 10 nights as a group of 7 young girls aged 18-19. Was abit unsure after reading other reviews but was pleasantly surprised!

Agrino is a small apartments ran buy a local family who are very pleasant!
One downside is that the reception is not open 24 hour so when we arrived after a late flight we was stood around outside for atleast 45 minutes before someone arrived to check us in.

Our group had one maisonette apartment which was two storeys and well furnished.
The 3 bedroom apartment was a bit more basic and dated but still had everything needed.

The maid didn't speak English and was after our first night refused to clean our apartment as it was 'a mess'.. not true, our apartment wasn't spotless but what can you expect from a group of teenagers!?

The safe and air con is an additional price but is a MUST.
With temps reaching a scorching mid 40C, I could not of survived without the air con which was 6euro a day.

Music played around the pool was also quite dated but I suppose it needed to cater for all ages!

The location is great and only a 5 min walk from the strip/square, however at night time the noise was unheard which was great!

If you're looking for a cheap but clean and friendly place to stay, Agrino is the perfect place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Emily N
Chessington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed for 1 night at Agrino in August as was in Ayia Napa for a night out. The best thing about the apartments is that they are 5 minutes walk to the square. You also do not get any noise at night. There is a pool and sun loungers to use for guests as well as a bar.

The apartments itself are quite old and could do with a refurbishment. Air con was 6 euro and took a long time to get going and still did not get that cold. There is a small kitchen which is handy.

The Wifi which you had to pay for was pretty much useless. Was happy to stay here for 1 night but that's probably about enough. I guess you pay for what you get. Stayed at Kaos apartments, Nisis Ave in June and the accommodation is much better there for about the same price.

1 Thank Richard H
Bud, Norway
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Located 2 min walk away from the square, in a quiet area , we were 4 guys witch stayed a week here.
If you do not claim too much and you need a refrigerator to keep your cold water witch you need when you wake up after a long, long night in the square :) a pool in which to relax and wake up from a hangover, preparing yourself for the next night, it's ideal...

Room Tip: Just a place to sleep and prepare yorself for the next night :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Simionca
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights. There is Air Condition in every room but they charge it (I believe 5€ per night) which is unacceptable. On top of that the AC smelled like moist and dust so I complained about it and they didn't charge me for it ( I don't even want to think about how many years it's been since the last service on that AC). The room was nothing great. Unlike what you see on the pics the hotel is nothing special. The staff was friendly. The are not cleaning the rooms well enough. We didn't like the swimming pool, it was simple small and depressing and the surrounding area is not appealing at all. Overall it doesn't meet my standards for a good hotel.

1 Thank Seralios
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed at Agrino for 2 nights this August. Unfortunately, what we saw and experienced, was nothing like from what we saw in the pictures from the internet and what we read from the hotel description when booking.
I feel that I am a victim of fraud. The rooms were old and dirty (even though in the pictures they looked new and modern). When I complained, the staff told me that those pictures of rooms I saw in the internet were the suites - something that was NOT clarified on the website. Also, there was no air conditioning in all rooms of the apartment, something which is NOT tolerated in Cyprus, since summer temperature reaches 40 degrees celsius and over!
However, the most awful thing that happened, is that I was a victim of fraud regarding the room charge!!! I paid 210 euro for 2 nights and then I found out that they charge 45 euros per room per night!!!

2 Thank Luna_Cyprus