“Our second visit to a fantastic venue.”
Review of Hokkaido

Hokkaido
Ranked #46 of 219 Restaurants in Ayia Napa
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hokkaido is the number one restaurant experience in Cyprus. Based in the heart of Ayia Napa this is a culinary show not to be missed. You will see knives hurled into the air, fresh vegetables, seafood and meat cooked masterfully in front of you, fires lit, and if you mention that you have your birthday you will be the centre of attention. All you need is your holiday mood and you will sit in tables with people from all over the world who want to try Japanese cuisine in a lively atmosphere. This restaurant is well established since 1999, and very famous in the island for having the whole package: good food, electric atmosphere, impeccable service and reasonable prices.Fun for all the family!!
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I would like to say: this is a top quality restaurant. The food and service are second to none. The menu has plenty of choice of freshly cooked delights: I went for a sashimi starter and a chicken, garlic and asparagus main. As all the food is cooked in front of you whilst you are being entertained, you know exactly what you are getting!
You are provided with both knives and forks and chop sticks so you don't have to ask for either to enjoy your meal. Small ramekins of soy, spicy and a white sauce are provided as well as bottled soy.
My only gripes were that we went for a friends birthday and despite emailing and telling them on the night: nothing. We were kind of hoping for a candle in his pud and a bit of a sing song to mark the occasion but they didn't say a word. It was busy so perhaps they forgot. Also: be very careful ordering the sake. I stupidly didn't ask the price. Thinking that as they were such small bottles I should be fine to order a couple, I had two which came to 34€, as much as my meal. I was gutted and learned a rather painful lesson.
Overall though, a fantastic night out and worth a visit.

2  Thank BimboDarling

Reviewed March 3, 2013

It was my first time and it definitely didn't disappoint. We had gone on a Saturday night and the place was full, would advise to book before going. The chefs really entertain you with all their tricks and its an amazing how they can make it look so easy. We had 2 starters which was the veggie tempura and the dynamite sushi rolls, both were made with love.
For mains I had salmon teriyaki and my partner had chicken with plum sauce which was cooked on the hot plates along with veggies and rice.
Would go back again and again

2  Thank Andria A
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The food at this place taste just amazing! The show you have waiting for the chef to cook your food is outstanding! A place to go for good food and a great show! We defenitly come back!

2  Thank Anna68Sweden
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant is a must when you visit Ayia Napa.
It´s so much fun to dine at Hokkaido. The food is excellent, the service is the best and all members of staff are so welcoming and helpful.
We ordered from a set menu and had a variety of different food. Sushi, miso soup, tempura and then this excellent food from our teppanyaki table cooked for us by our chef.
I would just love to go back. This restaurant is one of the best.

2  Thank alicia p
Reviewed January 15, 2013

in this japanese rest most of the food you will order they cook in front of you you eat it when i ready and is simple cook. (better) also the way that is the taples gives better atmosphere i thing we try it lot of time that rest and try difernt food from prawns to chichen teriyaki and beef with asparagus. have simple but great food to try

1  Thank pan maria m