“Heaven on Earth”
Review of Nissi Beach

Nissi Beach
Ranked #8 of 86 things to do in Ayia Napa
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Beautiful beach with white sand and clear water. Draws a lot of young crowds, however we still felt comfortable with a five year old (although there were a few topless sunbathers). Have to say that most people on this beach seemed to be coming out from magazines and regular gym enthusiasts so you will be made aware of every extra inch on your body:)

1  Thank Spiteri
Write a ReviewReviews (5,540)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I visited this beach in early November 2013, and on a Saturday. Although out of season, it was only so by a handful of days and being a weekend as well, I was expecting crowds and the noise of water sports. To my surprise and pleasure, I found a picturesque sandy beach with fantastic facilities, and with plenty of room to share on a warm and sunny day.

Most of those on the beach were either families or small groups of friends. Good facilities - for example a bar/cafe accessible direct from the beach, but not booming out any music to spoil the enjoyment of having a day in the sun. And yes, there were watersports, but the bay is so shallow that the watersports are some distance out, so those of us at the beach front again were not disturbed. All in all, the natural beauty of the beach has been retained, with the addition of some well thought out facilities.

There are public toilets to double up as a place to change, with water outside to wash your feet and rinse off swimming gear etc. You can access the public beach and these facilities from the car park, so park up and you are steps from the beach. There is a small shop to buy sunscreen (I'd forgotten mine), beach toys and an ice cream. And on the sand itself there were sun loungers set out and even a handful of permanent sun umbrellas. I was charged EUR 2.50 for the use of the umbrella for the entire time I was at the beach, a very reasonable one off charge that kept me in my own piece of shade during the hottest part of the day.

There are watersports on offer, in particular jet skiing. You'll need to walk out to the point for this, but it doesn't take long, and has the advantage of the opportunity to climb up the small peninsular as well for views back to the beach.

The cove is shallow and not at all choppy, the water is clean and clear. A great place for a dip. There is a good stretch of sandy beach for all to share. I highly recommend for anyone in Ayia Napa and nearby looking for a scenic beach.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Nissi is beautfiful. We popped down to the beach for the day as we needed to relax. And you can relax here.

We visited at the end of the season so it was lovely and quiet with plenty of sun loungers available.

The food is a little pricey - but then we expected it to be as the places have a monopoly. If you want to save some money then take a packed lunch and/or your own drinks.

Overall it was a lovely, relaxing day in the sun, with a book. Bliss!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

loved this beach and came here twice during our vacation. I just think that they should charge a lot of money for the umbrellas maybe lower it to 1euro as I think its a little steep. sunbeds were 2.50euros to hire out all day which was reasonable. definitely the best beach in Ayia Napa.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We visited this beach with teenage girls at the end of October. The weather was perfect, around 28 degrees. The beach is lovely, soft sand and shallow sea that is crystal clear. There is a large rock that you can wade out to; the water is only knee deep to get to it. From that you can take some great photos of the beach and sea. I tried snorkelling but only saw one tiny fish which was disappointing. The sea was really clear and I thought I'd have seen more but maybe i was in the wrong bit. There are plenty of sun loungers to rent and a couple of bars and fast food places around the beach itself.
The draw back to this beach is how lively it gets. Around part of the beach is a beach bar, which i can only describe as tacky, that belts out horrible music. I believe that in the high season there are foam parties etc here. Luckily there are not in October/November when we were there. For this reason if you like a quiet beach you might not enjoy it in high season. This is a shame because the beach is stunning and a few chilled-out ,up market bars with lounge music would have been so much better. Maybe I'm getting old but I wouldn't have liked these bars even when I was younger, they're too tacky.

1  Thank leedsrubysandy