“Don't be an Idiot”

Melpo Antia Hotel Apartments
Ranked #37 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive about going to Ayia Napa as I've never really been into clubbing and I just wanted a week for sun, pool, reading and chilling out. The Melpo Antia was perfect for this. They have a really low tolerance for people who just want to get drunk, behave like idiots and generally wreck it for everyone else. On our last day there were two guys drinking whiskey from a bottle by the pool and generally annoying people. The staff dealt with it very well despite the fact the two idiots tried their best to intimidate the receptionist (my heart went out to her, these two were nasty pieces of work) but this was the only bit of trouble we saw all week. I wouldn't recommend this place for a rowdy holiday, you won't be welcome.

The rooms were lovely, very clean and free air con which was needed. We had a studio and it was very large with a modern TV, safe and grand kitchen. The rooms also have hair dryers, I couldn't find mention of this on the website and brought mine so that was a bit annoying. The pool is a good size, very clean and lots of sun loungers but get there before 10 if you want a good spot. The drink at the bar is great, the daily cocktail specials are always good and the staff don't use measures! The breakfast wasn't really my thing but there is a lot of choice. The location is really great, very central but far away enough from the clubs that you don't get much noise at night. The staff are really nice, the manager, Michalis I think his name is, is really friendly and always up for the chats about the culture and the area and he will tell you if he thinks you don't smile enough! For restaurants I definitely recommend Fiji and Los Bandidos.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank ThatsMsHtoyou

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I am just home from my stay here.. we were pleasently surprised with our hotel it was new clean and modern, our room was nice nothing spectacular.. breakfast was great each morning. Food in the pool bar was a disgrace really didnt enjoy it, however the shop sold lovely food and salads.. the receptionist was very rude and unhelpful.. each time we requested assistance she was not very nice towards us. The rooms were cleaned each day however the cleaners didnt do a great job... the pool was lovely and it was nice and relaxing before going down the strip at night... location was great also..

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mini c
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Me and my friend stayed here for our first girls holiday in Napa alongside other friends who were staying in different hotels around Ayia Napa. The reviews on here weren't the best but it didn't put us off because a lot of people just moan for the sake of moaning and we had payed a little extra than our friends anyway so it couldn't all be bad!

I've been to Cyprus a couple of times before and this by far was the best hotel Ive ever stayed in! I was gob smacked at how posh it is! To open our door to our room which was extremely modern, with an oven and a grill alongside free air con and a free easy to use safe! The room was extra clean and was much much better than we had expected!! The pool was lovely and clean and was clearly a family hotel with quite a few children around. We were bed and breakfast and were up every morning to eat, although my friend doesn't eat a lot of breakfast I made up for what she couldn't eat! It was really nice! Cooked fresh ALL the time. The reps were more than helpful and actually were lovely, along with the staff who worked in the hotel who were very quiet but friendly too!

A bonus for my friend and I was the hotel is bang opposite Mcdonalds which was great rolling up from the strip into Mcdonalds for a snack! The hotel is joined on to a lovely restaurant called Frankies which is proper packed every night! Really nice food and service!

And for the nightlife of course, WOW! A 5 minute walk into the strip where we headed every night which was absolutely amazing!! We did the Mayhem bar crawl on the saturday, river reggae open air after party on the Thursday, Bedrocks silent disco on the Tuesday and just the general strip every night partying hard it was just fab!!! And on route to the strip are a lot of lovely restaurants which were always busy, not forgetting pizza hut and KFC etc. It was a 8 euro taxi to Nissi beach which is glorious and a 10 euro taxi to the water park which was wicked! Even though Ive been twice before it doesn't get old! The whole week was just amazing and I honestly couldn't pick one thing from the holiday which was bad! We visited our friends hotel which was the 'Loutsiana' i think its called and they visited ours and everyone agreed that the Melpo Antia was just the BEST! Even our friends Villa at Nissi wasn't as nice as the Melpo Antial (which they also agreed of course).

To everyone moaning about the hotel I don't even know where they're coming from! I would happily come back here every year if I had the chance! And if i visit Ayia Napa again theres no doubt where I'll be staying! 10 out of 10 from us Geordie girls! 100% get your moneys worth and more! Love love loved it!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Clare T
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Before I arrived at this hotel I was very happy reading all the reviews! But when I got there I started to realise quickly how wrong they all were! Yes don't get me wrong the hotel has been done up, but you can see quickly how it has not been taken care of, which is a shame because you can see how nice it could be. When I first arrived on this holiday with my 3 20-23 year old boy mates we were told straight away if we make any loud noises past 12pm we would be kicked out! This is before we Evan opened our mouths! I feel like we had been targeted as trouble makers before we had done anything wrong! We were then told if we were seen bringing anyone back with us over than us four we would be kicked out!

When we finally got to the room! It was clean I can't knock them there! But there were a few bad points, the beds were so horrible to sleep in after the 3rd night a decided I'd rather sleep on the floor! Another bad thing that let it down was the amount of water that came out of the shower head! You had more Chane of a good wash in the sink:/ no joke!

The pool was clean! But again not the place to be on a lads holiday as its just full of kids and parents.. Looking for a quiet holiday family holiday!

The food in the hotel, I wouldn't offer my dog.. The breakfast was horrible.. Looked like it had been there all week, just sitting!

I would strongly advise you do not stay in this hotel! More soo if your looking for a lads holiday! Soo many better places now being there and seeing for my self! Dot let this review put you off ayia napa tho! Apart from this hotel it is amazing!

• Stayed: June 2013
7  Thank Pettersmith
NicosNapa, Manager at Melpo Antia Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Sir,

We do appreciate the fact that you were looking for a hotel where you could party all day and night but we are not this type of hotel. As our description says we are a quiet hotel in the centre of Ayia Napa where somebody can enjoy a good night's sleep in our fully refurbished luxurious rooms on our wonderful brand new beds. The multitude of bars is just five minutes walk away and people can have as much fun as they want there but we will not accept from our guests to bring the same atmosphere in the hotel and disturb other people. We are very proud that a lot of families choose our hotel to spend their holidays at and we believe we are offering a great product. Regarding the food I do not have any comment, I will just refer you to all the other positive comments on trip advisor made by previous guests. We hope that you will make a more appropriate choice of hotel next time. We apologise for not fulfilling your party hotel profile.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I visited Ayia Napa with my boyfriend in June and i had my doubts about the place because i knew there are a lot of young people in that part of cyprus, and also, i have read not so good reviews about the hotel melpo-antia. pictures were okay but still... you never know. the melpo side of the hotel was fully renovated in winter and it is beautiful. everything is new. looks like the hotel is trying to make the place more family friendly also, not just for young people like i think it was before...

The location is perfect. near the sea and also near the nightlife, without being too close of the noise. walking to "the square" took five minutes. The hotel is on nissi road where is much to buy and see.. We stayed in superior room witch was like 2 euros more expensive than a standard 2 persons room. it was still roomy enough even without seperate bedroom. it inclueded a free wifi for the week and some fruits and wine waiting for us (also a free safe but i guess that all the rooms have). and the balcony was HUGE! we had a view to the nissi road (and mc donalds) and also to the sea and luna park. liked it A LOT! the balcany had glass rails (enhance the view) and a beautiful twin sunbed with curtains for privacy and shelter from the sun.. lovely place to relax. even though the main road of ayia napa was really near, we weren't bothered by any noise. also, the balcony doors (glass or not) kept even a bit louder noise outside.. what we heard at night was only the air condition (witch actually make a bit weird soud when turned off... but didn't bother).

We had a late check-out and had to change our room in the last morning because there are not so many superior rooms in the hotel and they needed to get ours ready for the next ones.. we got a 2 person room for the last six hours and i saw that they were just as pretty than we have had. except the balcony and bed (we had one king size, the other room had two singles)...and a smaller tv.

the hotel is not five star perfect but really good and a normal visitor maybe wont mind if everything isnt perfect... a fridgerator door opening a weird direction... shower glasswall (even if pretty) too short and lets lots of water to bathroom floor... not a place to hang my towel in the bathroom except in the shower.. little things here and there.. oh, and the room was really cleaned every day mut our dishes were in the sink all week.. that was weird.. there were no equipments in the room that we could have done the dishes so there tehy were :D

overall a nice place with lovely staff. pool was nice too, warm water, enough sunbeds. no cockroaches in rooms or anywhere else in the hotel :) i recommend renting a car and seeing a bit more than just ayia napa. Renting is cheap and the hotel has a free parking. we visited limassol, pafos, nicosia, protaras, different beaches and troodos mountains.. really pretty. not difficult to navigate without a navigator (no maps for cyprus!), lots of signs everywhere for the biggest towns. also got different paper maps with the rental car. just had to get used to the left side driving :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mii920
Reviewed June 20, 2013

A truly fantastic experience. Really pleasantly surprised with the rooms - actually a perfectly decorated apartment with full amenities. Without a doubt the best location in Ayia Napa. And do not dare to miss dining at the Frankie's Bar & Grill - amazing food at very affordable prices. Cannot recall anywhere else to have all the above in one place. A must!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marios P
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Normally when you book last minute and its cheap you think "ok well as long as it is clean then it will be fine" but this was a wonderful suprise! The hotel has been completley renovated with amazing apartment style rooms, a gorgeous pool and lovely staff.

The only thing that was not perfect was that our fridge door seal was gone and the card slot in the room to turn on the electrics could be a bit dodgy. Other than that an awesome holiday.

I would say that as it Ayia Napa it did have quite a few 1st holiday away youngster who could be noisey, pose far too much and be annoying in the pool. I think the hotel would be much better suited if it was for family's/adults only but understand that in Ayia Napa the majority of perople are there to party and have a good time.

It is close to Makronisos/Nissi Beach which are amazing so if the pool get annoying you can just head off there!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are the best but can be a bit noisy. Didnt bother us though!