“BEST DIVE - COMPANY ITSELF AND WHAT I SAW”
Review of Olympian Divers

Olympian Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Padi 5 Star Gold Palm Resort. We invite divers and non-divers alike to enjoy with us the underwater delights that this unique island has to offer. Dive unspoilt landscapes that have remained preserved for thousands of years, swim amongst friendly marine life in warm, calm, crystal clear waters. Whatever your diving experience we have something for everyone. Welcome to Scuba diving in the Mediterranean, & the beautiful island of Cyprus.
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“BEST DIVE - COMPANY ITSELF AND WHAT I SAW”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I am a qualified diver (Advanced SSI) and dived all over the world, but not for a while. Olymian Divers is easily the most professional outfit I've used in 11 years. They're friendly and understanding and I was most impressed that the cost was the cost. No extras for transport, etc. Their beach office was clean and tidy and also reflective of their equipment. Either it's new or it's bloody well looked after!
No hesitation in recommending.

PS Zenobia is a fantastic dive.

Visited April 2011
4 Thank MarkV68

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great diving experience !”
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Me and my friend wanted to try diving for the first time. We have been advised to complete Discover Scuba Dive course. Tomasz - our instructor was fantastic. We were given very in depth briefing and then went to explore the sea.

We saw many different fish, seahorses, starfish and snails. We were also feeding the fish.

Olimpian are very experienced and we felt safe all the time.
Overall we had a great time and enjoyed diving very much.

Thank you Olimpian Divers!

2 Thank Anna1981London
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“dissapointing”
Reviewed September 4, 2010

After reading reviews of this diving center online, I must admit I had high expectations, so I booked for me and 2 friends to go diving while we were on holiday, they picked us up from our hotel and give us very in depth theory for around an hour before we got into the water, the sea bed was quite rocky on the way into the water so we had to walk backwards into the water until it was deep, once we got under the water our instructor played with our buyoncy until we wer all pulling ourselves along the sea bed with our hands which was very hard work and far from relaxing, it also gave me alot of pain in my feet because i had to have them pointed down the whole time. While we were under the water there wasnt much to see, about 3 species of fish and thats really about it, although there was quite alot of them at times. Im not sure if it was because of the tides that day but it became very sandy quickly and hard to see in front of you.

To summarise, we went snorkeling on nissi beach, and there was alot more to see, and it was free, it costs 54 euros to go diving with olympian which was not good value for money in my opinion.

1 Thank karlmcveigh
Lochgilphead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Olympian Divers, Ayia Napa. Best Dive Centre I have dived with!”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Olympian Divers are based at Sandy Beach a few minutes from Ayia Napa centre.

They are a British family owned dive centre and I found them to be the most professional, friendly and fun outfit that I have dived with and will be returning to dive with them in the future.
I have dived all round the Caribbean, Mexico and the south seas, PADI & non PADI and Olympian Divers throughly deserve their PADI 5* rating.
The diving on offer is mostly shore diving with lots to see and keep you amused, however the jewel in the crown is the ship wreck Zenobia that sunk in Larnaca harbour (about 45 minutes by car from Ayia Napa) in 1980. I dived the Zen twice and only scrached the surface of what this wreck can offer. Never even managed to swim it's 170m lenth on the first dive to 30m as there is so much to see on the vehicle deck and the massive prop!!
On the second dive we penatrated the upper deck restaraunt for an amazing dive. The areas that we penatrated have been made safe enough for even novice qualified divers to indulge. Most of the large windows have been removed so there was plenty of light. James (dive guide & owner) had given us a very thorough dive breifing (as he did for all my dives) and made the whole experience relaxing, so much so, I felt myself grinning as I floated through the corridors in the mid 20m range.
As previously mentioned in other reviews their hire equipment is of a high standard as is everthing else around the dive centre. They seem to invest in their buisness right down to their vehicles... may seem petty but iv'e dived better wrecks than some of the vehicles that were droping off divers from other centres. I wouldn't get on a dive boat that looked like it might join us at the bottom during the dive!!

Big thank you to all at Olympian Divers and I look forward to diving the Zen many more times, and a special thanks to James for making my (non-diving) other half feel welcome.
Cheers.

2 Thank Korky1969
Belfast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly,friendly,safety concuious,fun OH did i say friendly”
Reviewed November 26, 2009

These are dive ppl.They know what your looking for and if they can get it for you they will.Colin is the Daddy of the opereation and along with his son Jamie run a very safety concuious centre.The equipment is all new and serviced regurlarly by colin.I had about 16 dives with olimpian I dived with Richard,Ken and Jamie all of who were great dive leaders and buddies plenty of fish,morays.octopus and one huge mother of a moray at the propelors of the Zen (thanx for coxing me Colin)
Thank you again everyone at olimpian divers friends forever Hugh

2 Thank BedlamBelfast