“Good honest cooking”

Casa Pituxa
Ranked #3 of 155 Restaurants in Almancil
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family restaurant serving Portuguese traditional cuisine, has in dishes like Monkfish "Pituxa" or Grilled Lamb Fillets with Mint sauce some of their dishes of excellence. Fresh fish daily, assorted meats and various desserts. Enjoy our magnificent terrace during midsummer, or stay warm near our fireplace during winter evenings. Moderately priced. We are situated in a quiet area next to the Vale do Lobo road - Almancil. Pay us a visit and make yourself at home!
Woking, United Kingdom
“Good honest cooking”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Jamie and Fatima have been in this game a long time. Traditional Portugese dishes with some very good grilled steaks and chicken. Try the monkfish Pituxa! Very nice terrace out the back and very reasonable. We are always looked after and will be back next year.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Chris S

Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“A missed opportunity, I'll not miss it again”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

During my many visits to Quinta do Lago I have, to my great regret, eaten at Casa Pituxa, my mistake, I will certainly go back. It fronts a quiet lane about 75 metres on from Iberico. It is spacious and colourful but for us, it's great attraction was the flagged terrace to the rear overlooking it's garden and land. It was lovely to sit cooled by a gentle breeze. I believe it is a family affair, they all clearly treasure their restaurant. Both food and wines were really very good, I had a grilled sole as my main course, probably one of the best I have had. We had a delightful evening, carefully looked after.

• Visited July 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“fab food”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

well what can i say back again this year and i have put on 8lb so thank you fatima and jimes for the once again excellent food i will now have to take up swimming to get this weight off. the food is so good i have to eat everything on the plate even when i am full thank you for my wonderfull meals and service that you provided see you next year

• Visited June 2013
Pilar de la Horadada, Spain
“We had to go back the same week”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We just had a week's short break at the Vilar do Golf with two friends before returning home to Spain and wanted to try a Portuguese family run restaurant. Well we made the right choice! Slightly hidden away but as soon as we entered the door it was obvious that this is a popular restaurant visited frequently by local expat residents. Lovely, intimate atmosphere and lots of choice on the menu. Every dish we had was superb, well cooked and presented by Jaime and our waitress Magdalena was friendly and attentive. When the bill came we thought it was very good value for money and were just commenting that we must come back when we were presented with a card for a free bottle of wine if we did. That clinched it! We returned a couple of days later to try something different on the menu and were equally pleased with the experience. We will visit our neighbours in Portugal again!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MikeinSpain_12
Chesham, United Kingdom
“A real family restaurant”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been going to the Algarve for over 30 years now!! since I found this lovely family owned restaurant between Vale Do Lobo and Quinta do Lago I have visited it every time I go to the Algarve. Jamie and Fatima offer good fresh produce in a family atmosphere. Sitting on the terrace overlooking the garden having a nice cold glass of wine and enjoying the great fish served by Jamie, going back in July and will certainly be visiting them again.

• Visited June 2012