Formosa Park Hotel & Apartments
Encosta do Lago(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$251
$224
Hotels.com
The Magnolia Hotel(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$137
Conrad Algarve(Almancil)
$400
$377
Ria Park Hotel&Spa(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$206
$195
Vale do Lobo Resort(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$336
  • Pool
$214
Vilar do Golf by Diamond Resorts(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$132
$104
  • Pool
$186
Quinta Jacintina Hotel(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$192
Quinta do Lago Country Club(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$424
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgolf breaksan lorenzopinheiros altosvale do loboshort break holidaypool areanature reserveplaying golfkitchen loungecar hire is essentialchildren's play areaquinta do lagonearby coursesfabulous beachwithin walking distanceminute drivegreat golf
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed 4 nights - 2 bed apartment on HB. The rooms were brilliant - excellent size and facilities.

The breakfast buffet choice was OK but we were bored after a couple of days. There is no chef to cook to order. Dinner was not buffet but the choice was reasonable and they had a separate children's menu and made a special additional meal each day for the vegetarian in our party.

The beach was close by but it was a 10 mins walk down a steep, rough path to get there. Getting back with young kids and grandparents was not good!

There are no shops, supermarkets, restaurants or cafes anyway nearby. Unless you are happy with just a beach/pool holiday and are All Inclusive or Half Board, you must hire a car. Return taxi fares to the nearest supermarket (5 mins away) costs 24 Euros return each time.

Most staff were excellent but not all. One or two were unhelpful.

There is a decent size play area tucked away on one side of the hotel which the kids loved. There is also a good sized children's pool as well.

The kids club is not at the hotel. It is at a kids play area about 15 mins drive away, You have to book it 24 hours beforehand and the hotel organises a shuttle for the kids/parents. The club was excellent but availability is not guaranteed. One day, the club had a kids party booked and so no children from our hotel could use it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nav G
Reviewed May 25, 2012

When my wife And I turned up to the restaurant to have our last dinner together before I flew back to Australia to be apart from her for 6 months the restaurant manager said
" you cannot dine here"
I replied with " I beg your pardon?"
He said " you cannot dine here, no shorts allowed"
I looked around the restaurant and there was one couple with a very young child and another elderly couple in the corner, it was a Monday night.
When I advised him I was staying in the hotel so could easily return to my room and put on a pair of long pants, however was that really necessary? He replied you must come back wearing suit pants and dress shoes or you cannot eat here.
I advised I would comply with his wishes despite having eaten breakfast and lunch wearing the same clothes I had on for the last 2 days in the same restaurant and he was the first person to mention a dress code, I also advised this "dress code" was not detailed in writing anywhere in the literature of the hotel or in the restaurant.
My wife took a seat and waited for me to change and return, when I came back she was visibly in tears.
Then this insensitive fool came straight up to us while I was trying to console my wife and interrupted us saying " are you ready to order yet?"
We both got up, without saying a word walked to reception and ordered a taxi (€15 each way) to a restaurant in Dunas Douradis
This man's attitude to paying guests of his hotel was disgusting and he should be ashamed of himself

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Kimaway
Reviewed March 30, 2012

As a centre for golfers this hotel is brilliant. Because of its apartment layout (and you are of an age when you no longer want to share) you can have a two bed apartment each with en-suites and a sitting room and kitchenette in between. The staff are very helpful and the only down side is that the evening meals are not very good. Nothing a good chef wouldn't put right.
We will return next year health and age permitting

Room Tip: Go for a pool view room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2012

having just spent 4 days here on a long weekend trip, my son and i had nothing to concern ourselves about other than the golf.
The service at all levels was fantastic, from reception through to the restaurant and even the maids. I can't praise the staff and facilities enough, however if your evening is looking for some night life then you are out in the sticks a bit, but on the whole for a romantic break it's perfect, i will certainly be coming back with the wife.
Highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Went with group of 12 in October for 3 nights. Staff in hotel and bar/restaurant very friendly. Happy hour between 6-7 which is good after a long day on the course. Rooms are ideal for golfers, more like apartments with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a lounge/kitchen area. Breakfast more than adequate but didn’t use the restaurant at night. Pool good and reasonable temperature. Walked down to the beach which took about 10 mins. A few bars and restaurants dotted about by beach but not open due to it being low season.

Excellent base for golf. Best bet at night is to get a cab to Villamoura (20 mins), cost us about 30 euros for a 6 seater so not excessive. Not really much around the hotel and nothing in reasonable walking distance that was open.

Played Pinerhos Altos x 2 and San Lorenzo which was stunning.

Weather, hotel, company & course made it a superb trip although unfortunately my scoring didn’t add to the enjoyment!!!

Thoroughly recommend.