“Amazing find whilst driving around”
Review of Parrilla Natural

Parrilla Natural
Ranked #33 of 209 Restaurants in Almancil
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set in one of the most idyllic locations in the Algarve, our Uruguayan inspired restaurant has an abundance of personality. We pride ourselves on using only the very best natural ingredients, including our signature beef range which is 100% grass fed and finished, high in omega 3 and vitamin E and low in saturated fats. We cook on our authentic Parrilla, the traditional Uruguayan way, which naturally intensifies flavour.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We couldn't believe it when we randomly found this place. It's a South American grill place with indoor and outdoor seating. Outdoors is wonderfully decorated with lots of trees and fauna, lamp shades and lights. There's one tree which is decorated in fairy lights and creates a lovely atmosphere when it gets dark. Food portions are generous and cocktails are good. I'd agree with other reviews that say the venue/setting is better than the food but it's definitely worth a visit.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Nicky2012
Write a reviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have are here in numerous occasions and the venue is much better than the food on every occasion. This restaurant markets itself on cooking steaks in the parilla but on every occasion including last week they failed to cook individual steaks as requested by diners. The server even apologised for the steak being pink when my wife asked for well done and that she did. It want to see any red in the meat. This lead to my wife having to wait for the steak to be cooked correctly and she insisted that we start eating as our meals would have gone cold. This meant that my wife had to sit there whilst we eat then we had practically finished when she was still eating. How can a steak restaurant fail to be able to cook meat correctly?

I have had numerous fillet steaks here with fat on, which this restaurant calls marbling and feel I can’t order a steak for fear it’s either fatty or not Coles correctly.

My burger was dry and over cooked!

Really don’t think I will visit this restaurant again.

2  Thank Racingblue77
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We always visit Parilla on our annual trip. As I am not a meat eater I plump for the prawn cocktail - delicious, and the sea bass. As my husband and friends are meat eaters they really enjoyed their food but the sea bass was terribly over cooked. Such a shame as I would have given at least 4 stars otherwise. This is not the first time but certainly the most overcooked!! The evening was cold so they seated us inside which was lovely and we had a great evening. Such a shame about the fish. Maybe it is my fault for going and not eating their lovely meat but there does need to be an alternative when in a party of 4.
We will go back but please try harder with not over cooking the fish!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful setting, engaging staff, great drinks but the food just didn’t match this time unfortunately.

When paying this much for a steak I expect the best cut cooked to perfection and it fell well short. Mine was just about ok but my partners less so and she left half of it.

To their merit they did say they had had a mixed batch of meat in from their supplier and did remove it from our bill, were very apologetic and gave us free drinks to finish.

Will give it another go.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had the best evening at parrilla. The food and cocktails were amazing but the staff were just fabulous. Not only did we get a napkin brought over when one of my friends sneezed we also were given a magic show throughout each course by the one and only vasille. We have already put in his application for the magic circle club. Thank you for having us ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Ps. When you ask for a photo you also get a staff selfie on the house.