“Excellent”

Restaurante Malveiro
Ranked #36 of 156 Restaurants in Almancil
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant Malveiro existed for 30 years in the AlgarveGiven the specificity of our customers only serve dinner. We are open every day during the month of August. In the remaining months we closed on Sunday.We serve lunches for groups only by appointment.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Malverio - food was excellent, service was great and personnel was absolutely perfect. Warm welcome and special focus for the kids and their food was spot on. Athmosphere was great - traditional Portuguese style. Lionel was.... what one can say, you have to see it yourself, heart of the place. Lionel's enthuasism with the wines and wines he has available impressed, excellent Portuguese wines which you would not run into.
Great thanks for all personnel. We will defenitely visit again!!!

1  Thank Antti V

Reviewed October 18, 2012

One hidden gem that most of us would never imagine there could be at that unusual place... ;-)
And Lionel is the nicest person on earth, and welcomes you as no one else.
There is nothing to say but good things.
The food, the people, the restaurant... unique! ;-)

1  Thank CMCunha
Reviewed October 12, 2012

been a restaurant owner my self i can spot easy all goodies and badys this trade offers in this case I wanted to chose a romantic out of the way place for a special occasion and chose Malveiro my choice was spot on I call in to reserve the table ask for a good corner table wend I arrive was nicely set with flowers candle on beautiful my partner first impression was big smile and you can feel the atmosphere was of a good energy as all the ligthing was spot on to make this place cosy the decor is rustic and serene Lionel the owner was exceptional welcomed and very attentive to is clients without smodering we loves is business and that is a big plus u can feel the passion so is wife who by the way is the head chef as the same passion the food was divine as was the wine selection from smaller vinyeards guarantees a unique quality starters are home made grill chouriço vegetable cake very tasty and fresh cheese with local honey for main we add lamb served on a terracotta dish home made sauce so tender and delicious sauteed potato´s my partner add stew of veal also wounderful I add for dessert home made fig ice cream wounderful again coffee and home made firewatter with honey as digestive LIONEL IS A GREAT PERSON WHO CANT DO ENOUGHT FOR IS COSTUMER MY REVIEW IS MY PRESENT TO LIONEL AND IS WIFE FOR A FANTASTIC NIGHT

2  Thank babilonia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Having read the reviews on this restaurant, I felt we should visit it to see for ourselves. We telephoned ahead to get some directions as we were not sure where it was. When we arrived we were given a lovely welcome by the owner. I have driven past this restaurant for years and probably would never have stopped if I hadn't read the reviews. The food is amazing and the service is outstanding. I will be returning again very soon as I need to try some other dishes on the menu, The wine recommend by the owner was so good we asked for another bottle to take away with us. This is a hidden gem, and should be on the list of places to visit for everyone visiting or living in the Almancil area.

2  Thank jellybelly62
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We Have been using this restaurant for numerous years
The welcome from Lionel and family is always genuine and heartfelt
The food is simple uncomplicated but always excellent
All one can ask is for consistency and you always get that at Malveiro both in service and food

2  Thank Weldge