“"wow" superb dining experience”
Review of Chinese Gourmet

Chinese Gourmet
Ranked #45 of 156 Restaurants in Almancil
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is no ordinary Chinese that you find in the algarve. This culinary delight is well worth a visit not only to sample the delights of the orient, but the overall dining experience that is provided by the hosts micheal and elda , who more than go out of there way to give diners an evening to remember. Menu is extensive even so mike the chef will go out of his way to cater for your personal taste. A must visit and look forward to our next visit

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My first time at michaels and won't be my last . Michaels a great chef . Restaurant very clean tables set up nice . Crispy duck pancakes , pork , chicken satay excellent . Followed by fresh pineapple fritters very tasty . On my return to portugal Michael I will be back my wish would be for Michael to open restaurant in Scotland. Fife please.

3  Thank Carol K
Reviewed March 7, 2014

After many years of visiting this area we eventually made it to the Chinese Gourmet and am glad to report we were pleasantly surprised.The staff were very attentive and the food was of good quality, it was nice to see some initiative being used by the waitress in recommending the duck as being just freshly cooked, the chef/owner then took time out to visit (nicely) each table and ask was everything the our satisfaction, and the final bit of good news, the bill, very reasonable indeed, especially compared to other Chinese establishments in the area! Ken Lo's take note! Maybe that is why this establishment was busy on a February Tuesday night.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Ive used this restaurant many times because it's the best Chinese around and I found out on my visit last week that they do Sea Bass in spring onion and ginger for 12€ for 2 persons and the people on the next table said is was excellent and at 6€ a person the best value around.

1  Thank Algarvehaydn
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Not only is it the best Chinese food I've ever had it is also a great night out.
The owner (head chef Mike) and his wife Elder make you feel like family, he is always willing to talk you you about the menu and alter the dishes to your liking. My friends and I dine there every time we visit the Algarve, the whole experience is first class and we're looking forward to the next time

1  Thank Stewart D