“Tough steaks badly cooked”
Review of Don Toro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Don Toro
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Don Toro offers you the freshest, tastiest quality Argentinean Angus & Hereford steaks in the Algarve, grilled to your definition of perfection. Enjoy a mouth-watering steak or ribs hot off the grill, try our new starters or sample one of many fresh seafood options or salads and intarnational burgers.Enjoy our famous grilled spare ribs "all you can eat" for €13.90 only!!
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went here on a recent trip,only my husband had a starter of garlic mushrooms though I must say these were not great,nearly €5 for about 6 overcooked mushrooms in the smallest amount of juice with no garlic flavour and 2 of the smallest bits of lightly grilled bread pieces,on to the steaks,they supposedly only serve Argentinian or Hereford Angus steaks,these were the toughest steaks from either region I have ever had,I used to live in Hereford and have had the steaks from there loads,never this bad though,I had to send my steak back to the kitchen to be cooked some more as I only like it well done it came out nearly rare,when it came back it was cooked more but only med well at best,I ate the better cooked bits and hubby ate most of my steak as well as his,the best bit of my meal was the pot of garlic butter I bought for it which I ate on my chips,didn't stay for pudding so can't comment on those,not too expensive but nor should it be for the quality or lack of it,will not be going again.

There are newer reviews for Don Toro

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We visited on damp saturday evening at the end of September and the place was desserted when we arrived at 7:30 but there were a few tables occupied as the evening progressed. The steaks were good and perfectly cooked and the steak special for 10 euros was a bargain. Being very quiet there was not much atmosphere on the night. We would certainly go again on our next visit to the area.

1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Bazil Fawlty would have been proud to have a place like this.He could teach the staff nothing!
We returned to this restaurant for steak which we had done on a number of times in the past. What a disappointment this time!
There were only two other people in the restaurant when we arrived.Nobody came afterwards! The staff gave the impression that it was a bother to serve us! We had to ask for the wine list which eventually came as we started our main course.Our gin and tonics were served in large juice glasses with a straw still in the plastic covering!We eventually got tumbler glasses to pour our G&T into ourselves. The red wine was cheap and cheerful but not to be repeated.We had to ask the waitress ,of whom there were two,to light the candle on the table!
The food was indifferent. One couvert and deep fried calamari were our starters which were passable - just about.
The sirloin steak was good but the salad served with it was as sad as a donkey's funeral.
The fillet smelt old and was rubbery.It must have fell off a dying old cow!
This is a place that looks good value for steaks but be warned it is very erratic in the food that is served by a listless staff.
Finally,you take your life in your hands trying to drive up to the restaurant from a busy road which is worse when driving out on the way home.
AVOID this place.

1  Thank WoIman
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

If you want a good steak at good value this if the place. We were hungry and enjoyed the food and left satisfied. No frills good value.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I visited this restaurant recently on my trip to portugal. The staff were indeed very attentive and nice. The setting for the restaurant was nice. thats where the compliments stop. The starters which we chose were calamari which were definitely cooked from frozen. The main courses were average at best. My steak was indeed delicious but served with frozen chips. All the others had burgers which again were average and came with frozen chips (small portions). My husband had fish which again was served with soggy veg and frozen roast potatoes. I would definitely not return to this restaurant.