“Good food really reasonable prices”
Review of Ichiban

Ichiban
Ranked #45 of 155 Restaurants in Almancil
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Buckinghamshire
“Good food really reasonable prices”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

If you didn't know you might pass this by. However if you do know this is a great family option or a group option if you want to use the main teppanaki table. The chef cooks all the food in front of you with a bit drama and a few tricks for entertainment. It is fresh and delicious with plenty of options of fish chicken and meats. It makes for a great evening with family as the food can be fairly plain to accomodate the kids. If you don't eat at the main table its not so ambient but still the food is quick and very cheaply priced. Good sushi and they do takeout too. A new favourite!!!

Visited March 2013

Diss, England, United Kingdom
“A wonderful surprise!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have often driven past this restaurant but are unlikely to again! A small and quiet restaurant but one of the best Japanese meals I have eaten. We sat at the teppanyaki table and the chef is obviously very talented, but also an entertainer and juggler too! I had the 'eat as much as you want ' menu(!!)' for 19 euros (!!!) - (14 euros at lunchtimes); and my husband chose from the menu and although he is not a huge Japaneses fan he thoroughly enjoyed his meal. Respectful and pleasant service. Am hesitant to recommend as want to keep this hidden gem to myself......

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Judi I
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic sushi & sashimi - great value too”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I recently went over Christmas 2012 and even though it was really quiet the quality of the food was amazing. It was all we could eat for a ridiculously good price (€14 I think?) which would normally send me packing - but I really couldn't fault the food or the quailty of the fish - especially the unagi, butterfish, salmon and tuna.

I live in London - if this was anywhere near where I lived I'd eat here every day!

Really impressed, and lovely people too.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank steve h
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent well worth a visit”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

went to this restaurant on last night of our trip. It was very quiet on the night we tried and although it does not look up to much for the outside it was immaculately clean inside and an excellent dining experience. We do not really like sushi but had beef and chicken on the tapenyaki it was delicious and the chef was very entertaining. it is run by a young couple and is a hidden treasure well worth a visit. I will definitely return if I am ever in the area again.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Leed27
London, England, United Kingdom
“A restaurant you HAVE to try”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Simple put this is a gem of a restaurant which is honestly priced sushi with out all the ridiculous frills that normally accompanies it.

I go again and again to eat in or get take-away and have enjoyed some cracking long evenings there with friends made even better by the chef who puts on a great and interactive show whilst cooking various dishes.

A very sweet couple that run it and go as much as I can to support them.

Ultimately I have not been disappointed and neither have any of my friends that I have taken there and think that is the most important thing.

• Visited October 2012