Conrad Algarve
$200
$194
  • Bar/Lounge
$186
Ria Park Hotel&Spa(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$206
$195
The Magnolia Hotel(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$138
Formosa Park Hotel & Apartments(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$245
$167
Vilar do Golf by Diamond Resorts(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$127
$104
  • Pool
Encosta do Lago(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$249
$219
$215
Quinta Jacintina Hotel(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$193
Quinta do Lago Country Club(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$453
$410
HotelQuickly
1,793 results
All reviewsgusto restaurantinfinity poolquinta do lagoheinz becklower poolstunning hotelpure luxurypool staffthe general managerevery member of staffvale do lobosteam roomlarge balconykids clubpool sidefaro airportshort break
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed at the Conrad Quinta do lago in August 2013. We had only booked one night as we were travelling around the Algarve. This was one awesome hotel! We arrived early and asked if we could have a look at the penthouse suite, we were given a guided tour by one of the staff, he was extremely pleasant and allowed us to take our time looking around, what a beautiful suite with its own roof top! Then we were shown to our own room which was beautiful! A large room with huge king size bed, en-suite which was more like a bathroom with TV in bath! Large tv in main room with all sky channels available at no extra charge, complimentary coffee liqueurs in coffee maker. The room also had a little hidden semi kitchen with fridge, microwave perfect for cooking if you so desired. Mini bar packed with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, snacks and chocolate. The balcony was huge with 2 seater wicker sofa, single chairs and table. The staff at this hotel were second to none! We booked a meal in the Gusto restaurant, although it was a little more expensive than normal but the service and the food was awesome! Highly recommended. Breakfast was a buffet and had ample choices, there was a menu available in case you would like something different. I would highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing break, free shuttle to the beach, the bus was not running on the day we were there but they took us in the hotel car! I would definitely go back to this hotel. Well done to the staff at this hotel for your excellent service and commitment!!

Room Tip: I don't think they had any bad rooms really!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gez01_12
Conrad A, Gerente geral at Conrad Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Conrad Algarve in August.

I am absolutely thrilled to read that you really enjoyed the comfort, design and facilities available in your room as well as breakfast and culinary experience in Gusto Restaurant.

It makes me particularly proud to hear that you thoroughly appreciated the excellent services and commitment provided by our team and that you will be an enthusiastic ambassador of the Conrad Algarve.

Once again we thank you for such great feedback and really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Situated in the prestige area of Quinta da Lago and the 'Golden Triangle', the Conrad Algarve is simply outstanding. There are other good 5 star hotels, but this should be six, yes, its that good. From the moment you enter the gates and drive down the beautiful tree lined access road, you know this is something special. Service in every area, from the main entrance to the restaurants is dedicated and attentive. As you stand in the atrium of the reception areas, you look out to the pools and gardens. There is glass and light everywhere in this modern and spacious hotel. If you are looking for economy accommodation, this isn't for you, if you are looking for the very best, the Conrad Algarve is for you. Don't forget to try the Gusto Restaurant by Michelin Chef Heinz Beck.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Conrad A, Gerente geral at Conrad Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am absolutely thrilled to read your amazing review regarding your recent stay at the Conrad Algarve.
It makes me and my team truly happy to hear that you have very much enjoyed the design of our Resort as well as the level of service you have experienced in every area of our Hotel, including the culinary experience in Gusto by Heinz Beck our signature Mediterranean Restaurant.
The whole team at the Conrad Algarve are extremely proud to know that you would rate our property with six stars and we very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Resort again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a very good new hotel in the Algarve (probably the best in the region) but it's not perfect.

First the good:
- excellent rooms (really nicely finished)
- very pleasant staff (though service can be slow sometimes)
- quality of food generally very good
- free wifi

But....
- very expensive to eat and drink (however room prices are reasonable) e.g. from memory Euro for a G&T.
- we had a particular problem with wasps - they were everywhere and loads of people were complaining (probably due to unseasonably warm weather)
- for a new hotel I thought the aircon was very noisy
- hotel taxis a complete rip-off - make sure you book your own.
- our kids didn't use the kids club but again it was very expensive.

Overall, a very pleasant stay and we would definitely return. However the low room rate is certainly recovered by food, drink and taxi charges etc....

Good but not perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Conrad A, Gerente geral at Conrad Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review of the Conrad Algarve in Tripadvisor.
We strive to deliver flawless services to all our guests and therefore your comments are of paramount importance to us all. Please be assured that your feedback has deserved our full attention and has been shared with the Hotel Team for immediate action where appropriate.
I am also pleased to read that you very much enjoyed the modern design of our rooms, pleasant service provided by our team members, quality of the food served and the free wi-fi access.
Once again, we thank you for sharing your experience regarding our resort and are very happy to hear that you are planning to visit the Conrad Algarve again in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Amazing hotel. Probably the best I have ever stayed in with faultless service. The rooms are luxurious, the food excellent, the pools perfect and the staff unobtrusive, but ever helpful and committed to making your stay perfect. We'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Conrad Algarve in Tripadvisor.
I am thrilled to read that you had an amazing experience at our Hotel and very much enjoyed the luxury of our rooms, our pools, an excellent culinary experience and above all the flawless service delivered by our team.
Rest assured that I have shared your great feedback with all the hotel team who truly appreciated your comments.
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Conrad Algarve again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Conrad Algarve for 2 nights (1st to 3rd of November, room 632). The hotel was recently awarded the World Travel Awards trophy for Europe's leading luxury hotel. My expectations were, thus, as high as the hotel credentials seemed to justify.
Of course, a review is always subjective: what's good for a person may fall short for others, people in different rooms or staying at the hotel at different seasons may have opposite impressions. However, for me, for my particular experience, this hotel as left me speechless.
I usually list things I liked and things I think could be improved. I'll try to do the same now:
Things I liked:
- EVERYTHING! I think it all can be summed up in one word: Excellence. From the modern, sophisticated decor, yet with a relaxed atmosphere, to the hotel grounds and mostly the excellent service at all levels (reception, restaurants, spa, even maintenance), everything here seems to have been thought to make one leave the stress and worries outside the hotel gates and just enjoy. Some tips:
- Gustus Restaurant is an amazing place. Use it thoroughly!;
- the bar at Gustus offers mind blowing cocktails, designed and prepared by bartender Wilson. Miss it and be sorry!
- reception staff are superb;
- breakfast is a feast for the eyes and taste buds. Staff, again, is superb!
- one word for the spa: WOW!
- etc., etc.
Things I thought could be improved:
- Can you turn the hotel around so that most rooms face South? Just kidding, of course...

I'm not surprised about the awards this place has got. The standard is still uncommon in Portugal, but I do hope this works as a trend setter.
Could this be the perfect hotel? Maybe not, because I haven't been to all hotels in the World, but I bet it is really, really close to perfection. It sure was perfect for me!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank paulolisb

Dear Guest,

I am truly overwhelmed by the amazing review of your recent experience at the Conrad Algarve in Tripadvisor.

I makes me very happy to know that you have found excellence in all areas of the Hotel, facilities, experiences and quality of services enjoyed at our Resort.

Needless to say that your great feedback has been shared with Gusto and Front of the House Teams and indeed with the whole Team at the Hotel. We do strive to provide all our guests with flawless, authentic, innovative and personalized experiences, however, to know that the Conrad Algarve created in you such a perfect impact during your recent stay with us, really fills me and my team me true pride. Thank you.

We very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort again soon.

Kindest regards.