Conrad Algarve
The Magnolia Hotel(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$137
Ria Park Hotel&Spa(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$193
Formosa Park Hotel & Apartments(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$251
$169
Encosta do Lago(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$251
$223
Orbitz.com
Vale do Lobo Resort(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$336
  • Pool
Vilar do Golf by Diamond Resorts(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$144
$104
  • Pool
$215
Quinta Jacintina Hotel(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$193
$185
Orbitz.com
Valverde(Almancil)
bedfinder
1,796 results
All reviewsgusto restaurantinfinity poolquinta do lagoheinz becklower poolstunning hotelpure luxurypool staffthe general managerevery member of staffvale do lobosteam roomlarge balconykids clubpool sidefaro airportshort break
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a very good new hotel in the Algarve (probably the best in the region) but it's not perfect.

First the good:
- excellent rooms (really nicely finished)
- very pleasant staff (though service can be slow sometimes)
- quality of food generally very good
- free wifi

But....
- very expensive to eat and drink (however room prices are reasonable) e.g. from memory Euro for a G&T.
- we had a particular problem with wasps - they were everywhere and loads of people were complaining (probably due to unseasonably warm weather)
- for a new hotel I thought the aircon was very noisy
- hotel taxis a complete rip-off - make sure you book your own.
- our kids didn't use the kids club but again it was very expensive.

Overall, a very pleasant stay and we would definitely return. However the low room rate is certainly recovered by food, drink and taxi charges etc....

Good but not perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Conrad A, Gerente geral at Conrad Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review of the Conrad Algarve in Tripadvisor.
We strive to deliver flawless services to all our guests and therefore your comments are of paramount importance to us all. Please be assured that your feedback has deserved our full attention and has been shared with the Hotel Team for immediate action where appropriate.
I am also pleased to read that you very much enjoyed the modern design of our rooms, pleasant service provided by our team members, quality of the food served and the free wi-fi access.
Once again, we thank you for sharing your experience regarding our resort and are very happy to hear that you are planning to visit the Conrad Algarve again in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Amazing hotel. Probably the best I have ever stayed in with faultless service. The rooms are luxurious, the food excellent, the pools perfect and the staff unobtrusive, but ever helpful and committed to making your stay perfect. We'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Conrad Algarve in Tripadvisor.
I am thrilled to read that you had an amazing experience at our Hotel and very much enjoyed the luxury of our rooms, our pools, an excellent culinary experience and above all the flawless service delivered by our team.
Rest assured that I have shared your great feedback with all the hotel team who truly appreciated your comments.
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Conrad Algarve again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Conrad Algarve for 2 nights (1st to 3rd of November, room 632). The hotel was recently awarded the World Travel Awards trophy for Europe's leading luxury hotel. My expectations were, thus, as high as the hotel credentials seemed to justify.
Of course, a review is always subjective: what's good for a person may fall short for others, people in different rooms or staying at the hotel at different seasons may have opposite impressions. However, for me, for my particular experience, this hotel as left me speechless.
I usually list things I liked and things I think could be improved. I'll try to do the same now:
Things I liked:
- EVERYTHING! I think it all can be summed up in one word: Excellence. From the modern, sophisticated decor, yet with a relaxed atmosphere, to the hotel grounds and mostly the excellent service at all levels (reception, restaurants, spa, even maintenance), everything here seems to have been thought to make one leave the stress and worries outside the hotel gates and just enjoy. Some tips:
- Gustus Restaurant is an amazing place. Use it thoroughly!;
- the bar at Gustus offers mind blowing cocktails, designed and prepared by bartender Wilson. Miss it and be sorry!
- reception staff are superb;
- breakfast is a feast for the eyes and taste buds. Staff, again, is superb!
- one word for the spa: WOW!
- etc., etc.
Things I thought could be improved:
- Can you turn the hotel around so that most rooms face South? Just kidding, of course...

I'm not surprised about the awards this place has got. The standard is still uncommon in Portugal, but I do hope this works as a trend setter.
Could this be the perfect hotel? Maybe not, because I haven't been to all hotels in the World, but I bet it is really, really close to perfection. It sure was perfect for me!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank paulolisb

Dear Guest,

I am truly overwhelmed by the amazing review of your recent experience at the Conrad Algarve in Tripadvisor.

I makes me very happy to know that you have found excellence in all areas of the Hotel, facilities, experiences and quality of services enjoyed at our Resort.

Needless to say that your great feedback has been shared with Gusto and Front of the House Teams and indeed with the whole Team at the Hotel. We do strive to provide all our guests with flawless, authentic, innovative and personalized experiences, however, to know that the Conrad Algarve created in you such a perfect impact during your recent stay with us, really fills me and my team me true pride. Thank you.

We very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort again soon.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we stayed here. Even though it is low season, all hotel staff do everything possible to make your stay special! My only and I mean only critique is that even in low season, it was impossible to get a spa booking! We'll be back again. Fab hotel!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NatalieDrew42

Dear Guest,
I am absolutely delighted to read that you had another very special experience of the Conrad Algarve, second time around and that you really enjoyed the services provided by our team members. Rest assured that I have forwarded your comments to the Hotel Team.
With regards to the impossibility of booking the Spa, it is indeed rather popular and, I would thoroughly recommend that when booking your next stay at the Conrad Algarve that you request a Spa reservation at the same time in order to guarantee availability.
Once again thank you so much for sharing a review of our Hotel with the Tripadvisor Community. We really look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at our Resort soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Though a very new hotel, the décor, quality of rooms & service are nothing short of exemplary !! The pool & facilities are better than anything in the area & I've been staying down there for the last 20 years so I should know !! Both restaurants are fitting of this 5 star resort & altogether highly recommended !!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,
I am absolutely thrilled to read your feedback regarding your experience at the Conrad Algarve.
It makes me very happy to know that as a regular guest in Quinta do Lago area for the last 20 years, you found our Resort, facilities and culinary experiences in both Louro and Gusto by Heinz Beck Restaurants to be exemplary.
Your great comments have been shared with and thoroughly appreciated by our team members.
We really hope to have the opportunity and pleasure of welcoming you back to the Conrad Algarve again soon.