“Superb location, fantastic fish lunch, especially the Dover Sole.”
Review of Julias

Julias
Ranked #24 of 156 Restaurants in Almancil
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Julia's restaurant,beach bar & lounge. The original beach restaurant. Not just a beach restaurant but a lifestyle for generations for nearly 50 years. While we respect the right of customers to air their views in a virtual world, we also reserve the right to reply accordingly. In a world fake news, we can only deal with situations as they occur in the real world.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just had a beer there the day before, then decided to have lunch. Two Dover Sole, Salmon and a Sea Bass Provencal were all enjoyed. The Dover sole was excellent and the views of a troubled sea in the January sunshine were spectacular. Planalto wine very good but a little expensive.
Great place to enjoy very good food, highly recommended.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We used the beach cafe twice and on both occasions found the food tasty and good value.
The views are fantastic - we are bird watchers and watched the Terns diving for food as we ate.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Been going here for years and can not fault the food or the location. Head down in late afternoon for cocktails while whatcing the sunset.. Perfect

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Having just arrived from the UK, my wife and I went along to Julia's for lunch. We sat outside, which was breezy but very pleasant in the sun, the views out to sea are fabulous. The food was excellent, I had the seafood spaghetti which had a touch of chilli but you could still taste the individual seafood, it was lovely. My wife had the grilled chicken which she described as succulent. The red Sangria was delicious, up there with the best we've had, and the chocolate mousse was lovely, but we could have easily shared one. There were plenty of staff, who were very attentive and friendly. There was also live music, a decent guy playing the guitar, he had a good voice, and played plenty of the classics we all know, and it wasn't too loud (am I getting old!). Inside the restaurant looked very smart. This was busy for the time of year, always a good sign. Not cheap, but very, very good. We will definitely return. Very clean toilets as well!!!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I find it extremely annoying when going on holiday how difficult it is to find a restaurant that does genuinely local food. I don't go away to have chips/pizza/mash and all the other rubbish I can eat at home 1000 miles away.

Julia's is a diamond in the rough! In a lovely setting with food that makes a refreshing change! I had the peri peri chicken which was beautiful and came with homemade coleslaw.

If your looking for something a little different, genuine Portuguese cuisine, in a beautiful setting then this is the place for you.