“Fantastic little gem”

Ristorante Grissino
Ranked #68 of 159 Restaurants in Almancil
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An excellent professional training with some of the best Michelin Star Chefs of Italy paired with Andrea's talent, is the special treat that awaits you if you chose to visit Ristorante Grissino: Andrea's delicious and beautiful creations are inspired by the traditional cuisine from Calabria and the Toscana.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love this place. We go every time we come to Almancil and love it every time. We always go for lunch straight from the airport and Grissino always delivers. At lunchtime they always have a 3-course set menu for EUR11 and its great. You get a choice of soup or salad for starters, a couple of pasta dishes for main and a desert. Please do not be fooled by the price and think that this is some microwave-happy pretend-Italian. It is not!! All food is fresh and cooked to order and the owner is always at hand to help with choosing wine ( not included in EUR11).

If you are in Almancil around lunchtime you can not do better than this!

We will keep coming back!!!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We spotted this restaurant as we turned from the traffic lights saw it was full so checked it out on trip advisor. What a find. Smack about 25 covers, we called before we set off thank goodness they were turning people away. The starters were beautifully presented top marks from all of us prawns and advocate, prawns and mango and the tomato soup was delicious. Two of us had veal saltimbocca so much veal and Parma ham, really good. The sea bass in lemon sauce was also excellent. We were so full we only managed to share a tirimisu which was wonderful. The service was a efficient but lacking in warmth at first but by the end there were smiles. Our only comment was it was quite warm despite the air con. This was a real find and we will be back. Our bill was 114 euros for 3 but you could eat for much less. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This Italian restaurant is wonderful. Small but perfectly formed and with the best bargain lunch you can find. For 11 euros, you get a stunning salad or soup, a choice of three pasta dishes and a dessert. I went yesterday for the umpteenth time and had chicken salad which was perfectly dressed and loaded with fresh ingredients. For main I had chicken pasta which was absolutely delicious - my fiancé had a classic arrabiata which was also perfect. Dessert was a featherlight chocolate and hazelnut mousse. Every mouthful was a joy. (Incidentally, their carbonara is the best I have ever, ever eaten)
Pierro the owner is a total charmer. He used to be the chef but his son has now taken over and has brought new flourish to the food.
I've never been for dinner as lunch here is something of a traditional for us but must try it one day.
Overall, Grissino never fails to please and delight and it will remain my first point of call for a fabulous lunch that I'd happily I pay treble for.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

A small restaurant that I'm sure would have a good atmosphere as the evening progressed but young kids meant we were solitary early diners: by our departure, several local families had arrived. I suspect this restaurant follows the maxim of doing a few things well, which perhaps means options are less than at other local Italians that might have more an eye on the tourist market: definitely no pizza and I think I'm right in saying there were no lamb or chicken dishes. Perhaps a little more annoying was the fact that the wine list bore little semblance to what they actually had.
Dragged up to four stars by the excellent service, the intimate vibe and the taster platter of all the puddings: a real treat for a family with a sweet tooth.

1  Thank Hildenbro
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The best Italian restaurant on the Algarve. Very small but with a brilliant chef - service is a joy.

1  Thank blondesally