“Lovely food every time”

Ranked #29 of 156 Restaurants in Almancil
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The menu comprises mainly recipes of French origin, chef Valentim Carmo, a young man who learned the profession thanks to chef Guy Doré with whom he worked for 25 years. In addition to the French cuisin, Valentim Carmo, born in the cold lands in the north of Portugal, applies those native flavors of the region in his dishes. Pequeno Mundo has been able to attract a constant clientele wishing to find dishes and flavours discovered here when of a gastronomic visit and returns with friends to share again those moments.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have been going to this restaurant over many years and simply love the experience. Staff have obviously changed over the years but the maitre-de remains a constant and he works on ensuring everything is to your satisfaction. Food is very well cooked as you would expect from fine cuisine. Price is higher than average but reflects the quality of the food and is good value if you compare against other restaurants who try to compete at this level. We simply have a great experience every time we go and will without a second thought continue to do so.

1  Thank Bostik17

Reviewed November 19, 2012

A nice restaurant to visit in this area. Some interesting dining areas, with a great menu and service. Although very good, it is a little expensive.

1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I regularly visit this restaurant, at least twice a year for the last 15 years, I think a recent low budget trip to Quinta do Lago was the first holiday I've ever had in the area & not eaten there! I love it, the food is always consistently great, although I do tend to eat similar food every time I visit. Their mussel soup is to die for, the chateaubriand superb, their prawn & mango curry for main excellent. Profiteroles or raspberry croustade for dessert & I'm a very happy camper! Service is quite cool, but I think that's just the way they are, I would not put it down to rudeness personally. Wine list is good, but on a few occasions recently the wine we wanted was out of stock & we ended up spending more than was planned. (Almost €300 for dinner for 2 on my last visit, two days later visiting the fabulous Vila Vita Park in Herdade dos Grous & getting accommodation, wine, lunch & dinner for the same price). It was our choice however to drink a hundred odd euro bottle of wine, mind you! I do feel though that the place needs a lick of paint, some new tablecloths and chairs and just a little love as it feels a little worn out. With or without a facelift, I'll be back, and will probably still order the same as always, but maybe go a little cheaper on the wine.

2  Thank Beaded
Reviewed October 2, 2012

.. recommended this restaurant by my son when we were in Vilamoura in August 2012 and can't recommend it enough. Everything was perfect from the food to the service to the ambience. Well worth the taxi fare and I will certainly go back if I am in Portugal again

Reviewed September 28, 2012

A group of us went here to celebrate my wifes Birthday , on reflection I wish we had invited her too . We ate in the Courtyard which is a delightful setting and my initial concern that it was going to be horrifically expensive was mollified when I read the Menu, it's pricey but not rip off pricey. Feeling more relaxed I phoned Erica and asked her to join us.Having her Birthday Party without her didn't seem fair and more importantly I had noticed that they had Chateaubriand on the Menu and I needed someone to share with ! It was well worth the cost of sending a taxi for her as the pink succulant Beef just melted in my mouth it was so tender .The whole Meal was splendid and everyone enjoyed their various choices.Naturally we told Erica that it was a surprise Party so I hope she doesn't read this > but if your in Portugal and in the money this place is worth a visit

2  Thank Richard D