“Brilliant Steak and Service”

Gourmet Natural at the Ermitage
Ranked #5 of 151 Restaurants in Almancil
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gourmet Natural is a new style of steak restaurant, featuring all free range, 100% grass fed beef. Fish, sea food and vegetarian options available. service is attentive but no stiff, it helps you to relax into the spirit of the restaurant. Magnificent garden with a beautiful cocktail bar.
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Steak and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I recently visited Vilamoura/Vale Do Lobo as a group of 12 golfers. Some of those that had been to the area before suggested this restaurant as a big group meal on the Saturday night. We had a 9pm reservation where we had our own side room big enough to comfortably serve 12. We enjoyed the food/atmosphere/drink(!!) so much that we did not leave until around 12 o'clock where we were by far the only ones left in the restaurant. At no point were we encouraged to leave etc and I wonder what time we could have stayed to!

We all had various cuts of meat with nobody complaining that there's was cooked anything other than perfect. Service was swift and friendly and showed the true mark of a good steakhouse when the waitress suggested that my brother changed his cut of beef based on how I wanted it cooked/what cut would suit best. Starters and deserts were equally as impressive. 12 three course meals and just shy of 10 bottles of wine came to approx €900 with tip; can't complain.

One tip to note, some of us were getting a cab from Vilamoura. We had brilliantly been given by our friends the name "Au Natural" by accident which made finding it a little tricky. The taxi told us there were two "Naturals" and when he pulled up at the turning for Gourmet we said it couldn't be here and he took us to the other Parilla? The entrance to Gourmet at night is completely unlit and because the restaurant is set back from the road out of sight; it doesn't look the most appealing. However, we arrived at Parilla and, after a bit of confusion, they called Gourmet and confirmed we should be there. They called a cab for us, gave us a guided tour of the restaurant and gave us a free beer while we waited... great service.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank D W

Wetherby
“Good food and nice setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Having been going to Quinta do Lago for the best part of the last fifteen year's my family and I were always big fans of the old Ermitage restaurant and were really disappointed when it shut down as the food and setting of the restaurant were superb. It seemed strange to be going back to Quinta and not to be going to the Ermitage for dinner. Then over the last couple of year's the old Ermitage in terms of the setting and lay out of the restaurant has been brought back and the food changed to specialising in Steak. I am pleased to say that this is an excellent restaurant with really good food and good service. Although Steak is the main thing at Gourmet Natural and they do pride themselves on their beef only being from the finest quality produce in Uruguay they also offer fish and on some occasion chicken. I do not eat red meat but I always had either grilled seabass or grilled tuna and both were excellent. My family who do eat steak say their steak's are always excellent and cooked to how you like them. They also offer a nice selection of side dishes. the setting is the same as the old Ermitage and it is really nice at night in the summer months. The staff also on the whole do a good job. It is always nearly fully booked so making a reservation ahead of time is a good idea.
I would recommend this to anyone in the area who want's a lovely evening out whether as a couple or with family members. It will cater for non steak/red meat eaters like myself as well and they look after children very well in making dishes that will suit them. In my opinion it is quite a good value restaurant as well and you will not be paying over the odds for what you get. We will be going again next year.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank John O
Dublin, Ireland
“Steaks a bit small”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

The atmosphere in this restaurant is excellent, particularly on a nice summer evening. There is a good choice of food. Although steak seeks to be almost everybody's choice. My colleague was a top-class chef who insisted that the steaks did not weigh what was on the menu and he should know

• Visited April 2013
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Good food in nice surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We ate in the patio area between the grill and the bar which is a very nice spot indeed. The place was full on a Monday night which says that is very popular and both the atmosphere and the welcome from the staff were great. We started with some delicious empanadas and followed up with steaks (of course). The steaks were perfectly cooked and the side orders were excellent also. The patio is quite crowded and they could leave a little more space between the tables to make it perfect. Our table for two was on the outside near the hedge and the placement of a staging table for glasses and cutlery right behind me was distracting. That and the fact that they forgot our cocktail order so that the drinks arrived after our wine were the only things that prevented the evening from being perfect.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Evereything was perfect...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I visited the Gourmet Natural restaurant when I was on holiday in Portugal in august with a group of friends. I always look forward to trying new restaurants , however it was the highlight of my holiday. When we arrived we were immediately made to feel welcome and that nothing was any trouble for them. We went on a very busy night so was understanding if service was not up to scratch but the staff were wonderful and although the restaurant was fully booked we were never waiting on anything, the bar manager made us fantastic cocktails which I thought was a lovely little touch and the food was outstanding. We had a 3 courses and all 3 were equally delicious and cooked to a very high standard, mouth-watering!. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great,. We stayed till close and even after a hectic night for the staff there the bar manager organised transport back to our hotel, all part of the service but they didn’t have to! I would not think twice about visiting again and trust me I have told all my friends and family about this precious little gem we have found. If I could give this restaurant a 10 star review I certainly would  Will see you next year guys!

• Visited August 2013