“friendly restaurant, good location”
Review of Restaurante O limoeiro - CLOSED

Restaurante O limoeiro
Cuisines: European, Portuguese, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Friendly, relaxed dining, in our case outside under the lemon tree that this restaurant takes its name from. Home cooked style food, generous portions, very enjoyable. The owners even recommended other restaurants to try in the area. We felt well looked after and enjoyed our evening.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

A wonderful restaurant with fabulous food and service all combined. try the chicken in mango and coconut - divine. The lemon tree cheesecake is incredible, as is the After Eight Chocolate Cake.

We have taken the kids and on each occasion Robert will give them a choice of different dishes and cooked it just as they have requested.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Visited with a friend who has eaten at this restaurant on several occasions during her holidays in the area. She likes it and thought that I would love it too. She was correct. I am a hearty eater and I ordered the rib eye steak. It was large and juicy even though I ordered it "well done - no blood!" The potatoes and vegetables served with it were delicious too. The service was excellent - friendly and and efficient. It is not a large place - I enjoyed the cosiness and homeliness. Maybe I will be lucky enough to visit again - but will have to wait until my friend invites me once more to spend a holiday with her in her villa!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We visit the restaurant often and have always enjoyed our meal there. The menus are varied and interesting and the food is cooked well to meet individual tastes. The service is excellent and efficient and the staff are attentive but not intrusive. We always try and fit a lunchtime meal at The Lemon Tree when we have visitors because it is one of the best restaurants we know. Dining outside is delightful, especially sitting under the lemon tree on a sunny day. Although the cost is not the cheapest, it is very good value for money.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have visited The Lemon Tree numerous times over the years since it opened. I have never been disappointed by the food or the service. The owners Anne and Robert (fellow Scots) really make you feel at home and part of the lemon tree family. They never forget you! Sister is a vegetarian and has special dietary needs, so we know she will always eat well there as nothing is too much trouble. The outside seating area is delightful in the summer. Sitting under the lemon tree with a glass of wine, what more could you ask for. I would highly recommend a visit.