“Good Food. Freindly Staff”
Review of Nelitos - CLOSED

Nelitos
Cuisines: Italian, Portuguese, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: "In the pretty whitewashed town of Almancil is Nelitos, a restaurant/bar serving a fusion of Italian and Portuguese cuisine providing a welcome change from the British pubs of the brasher Algarve resorts and a refreshing alternative to just grilled food. The terracotta tiled floor and clean, terracotta walls speak of the Tuscan countryside while the tables and chairs are so traditionally Italian, much like the warmness of the welcome, that you could almost expect to walk out on to a Roman piazza rather than in to a balmy Almancil night. A traditional Italian menu is just what you might expect and beautifully presented fresh Italian flavours are exactly what you get, fused in some dishes with the traditional flavours of Portugal. From pasta favourites to light and lovely fish dishes and Mediterranean influenced meat dishes everyone will be left sated but somehow wanting more. For those who prefer lighter bites the petiscos in the bar area offer a great alternative. Children are always welcomed in true Italian style with their own menu. With lunches being served from September, Nelitos definitely offers something for everyone "
retford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food. Freindly Staff”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

good food, good service, good atmosphere. They pay attention to detail, and it is definately well worth a visit. Will definately go again.

• Visited September 2012

“A special place to relax with good food and wine”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My Husband and I with family and friends have dined at Nelitos on numerous occasions. The food is excellent, the service faultless the atmosphere relaxed. A lovely place to end the day! When you want to feel special treat yourself to food at Nelitos

Galway, Ireland
“Good food in a relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I visited this restaurant for the first time after passing it on the road several times so decided to try it out. Cannot fault it. My Risotto was excellent. My husband had prawn and avocado salad which was very tasty and pizza to follow. He felt the pizza dough could be thinner and could have been cooked a little longer. Overall we would go back again. Service was excellent. Another great find for our next trip!

Retford
“Nice place”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food, good service in a very clean establishment. Prices reflect the quality of this. Expect to pay around €45 per head for 3 courses inc wine/coffee but worth it.

Almancil
“Loved the service and ambience”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have driven past this restaurant many times and after 3 years of living here we tried it on one of those 'where shall we go, I dont mind nights! We sat in the garden that had some families with littlies. (doesnt bother me) I ordered a rocket and bacon salad to start. My partner said as I ordered he didnt want a starter but would have a bit of mine. When it arrived, they laid both of our settings up and put the starter in the middle, I then said I was a bit chilly, to my self really, and a pashmina arrived around my shoulders. I had prawn spaghetti that was gorgeous, partner had lamb that he really enjoyed. All in all a very nice evening!! Def go again.

• Visited August 2012