“Great food, good value”

Vaults (since 1670)
Ranked #12 of 154 Restaurants in Almancil
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A series of extraordinary vaulted ceilings draw the eyes upwards the instant you step over Vaults threshold. This ancient former coaching house on the main street of Almancil is an architectural masterpiece, and considered by locals as much tourists as a special restaurant. Hosts David and Katrina make everyone feel at home, while head chef Marco oversees largely Portuguese and Mediterranean menu. On Sunday Vaults puts on a traditional British carvery (with all the trimmings)served for both lunch and dinner.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Only ever been on a Wednesday curry night but have returned numerous times due to being a fantastic meal which is great value and good service

There are newer reviews for Vaults (since 1670)

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had a lovely lunch on Christmas Day. The service was very good and the food excellent. This is a very British establishment, the Sunday carvery is very popular as is their midweek curry night. Very good value for money, give Vaults a whirl, I think you will have a great time.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived, the power had gone out due to the flash rain. Seeing as we'd driven out we decided to have a drink & see if the electricity came back on. 20 minutes later the electricity came in & we enjoyed a delicious meal. It was a great evening & a perfect end to our short break.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I went to this restaurant in September after reading good reviews on Trip Advisor. Very disappointing. The prawns I had for my starter hadn't been de-veined so I spent the time trying to clean them before eating. Needless to say I didn't finish them. The sea bass I had was fine, the vegetables were awful, overcooked and inedible. My friend ordered steak. We did wonder what sort of animal it had come from as it didn't look like beef!! The service was fine and the restaurant was quite pleasant but that's the only reasonable thing I can say about this restaurant. The Sunday lunches & curry nights are meant to be good, perhaps they are worth trying.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The restaurant was empty but it was late October. We ordered starters,main course and one dessert which were all very well cooked and presented. I particularly liked the inside of the restaurant as it was very unusual with brick arches and I am sure that when there are a lot of people in there the atmosphere would be extremely good. The staff were very attentive and I would visit the restaurant again in the future.